Page 127 of 181 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 177 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,810 of 5427

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Popcorn.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    A thing that cheers me up: Hiiiiiiiii @Baphomette <3 <3 <3

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    A thing that cheers me up: Hiiiiiiiii @Baphomette <3 <3 <3
    Awwwwwwwww!! *blushes* <3 <3 <3

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Three thunderstorms in one day. Finally, something to not hate about Texas.
    i didn't know you were a fellow texan!

As for me, i have a love/hate relationship with texas, but today was about the love.
    Denver is beautiful, but i was ready to get home.
    We drove into the TX panhandle from Colorado, across the OK panhandle.
    When we were a mile or so away from the border, i started seeing bluebonnets everywhere.
    There were old windmills and tumbleweeds and fields of corn and the big texas sky.
    Actually passing that "Welcome to Texas" sign and crossing the border into the place that will always feel like HOME to me is a wonderful feeling.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    i didn't know you were a fellow texan!

As for me, i have a love/hate relationship with texas, but today was about the love.
    Denver is beautiful, but i was ready to get home.
    We drove into the TX panhandle from Colorado, across the OK panhandle.
    When we were a mile or so away from the border, i started seeing bluebonnets everywhere.
    There were old windmills and tumbleweeds and fields of corn and the big texas sky.
    Actually passing that "Welcome to Texas" sign and crossing the border into the place that will always feel like HOME to me is a wonderful feeling.
    I only actually lived in Texas for a year about a decade ago. Just back for about a week on the current tour.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Just to balance out my Harry Potter / things that piss you off post, here's a Harry Potter clip that makes me chuckle every single time. I think both Radcliffe and Watson delivered this scene perfectly for their characters.

(Other favorite is when Harry is drunk on the luck potion and he's convincing Slughorn to come to Hagrid's with him.)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I made a new mixtape... it lives here: Cutting Cable

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Just to balance out my Harry Potter / things that piss you off post, here's a Harry Potter clip that makes me chuckle every single time. I think both Radcliffe and Watson delivered this scene perfectly for their characters.

(Other favorite is when Harry is drunk on the luck potion and he's convincing Slughorn to come to Hagrid's with him.)
    literally my two favorite scenes in ANY of the HP films, are they're both in the same movie. ugh it's so good.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Knowing that @PeedroPaula is smiling down at us about her son coming to party with us in Vegas.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    work has been so slow for me lately that i've been worried that i will literally run out of money in about 2 months. so, the other day, i cold-called (well, e-mailed) a few companies that do similar work to what my dad and i do (low-voltage/audio-video/computer networking/etc.) and heard back from one of them right away.

i had a phone interview today that i felt went pretty well. he sent me a personality survey to take and said if that went well, i could come in for an in-person interview next week. i did the survey as soon as i got off the phone. then, he immediately e-mailed me back and asked if i could come in tomorrow at 7am! HOLY FUCKING SHIT I MAY BE GETTING A NEW JOB!!!

(i've been doing this for over 13 years "full time")

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    reconnected with a friend (ex girlfriend) I haven't spoken with in years, its nice having my friend back.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I've been pretty miserable for a wide variety of boring reasons and also at bold new levels of broke lately and was going to a free event with some friends of mine recently. They were getting sushi beforehand and knew I couldn't make it. I didn't make a thing out of it, but one of them knew my situation lately and I got a text saying "if you get here early come inside we have food for you." It was a small thing to them but I'm still thinking about it and feeling so cared for and supported and it just went a very long way for me. A few years ago I never had a regular network of real friends and now I feel overwhelmed by the kindness of people I get the privilege to know, that moment made me feel more aware of having real, sincere friends than I've felt in a very long time. I don't feel deserving of it but feel amazingly humbled and loved and it's weird. I'm in general a guarded, closed off person and not used to it but it feels good and I can't believe how much a simple roll of sushi could manage to make me feel so connected to other people. I feel like it'll be years from now and I'll still think about it. It was a little thing to them but a very big moment for me and has done a lot to make me feel like I'm not the only one looking out for myself. Knowing you have real friends near you and not just hundreds of miles away makes everything feel a little less unbearable.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    work has been so slow for me lately that i've been worried that i will literally run out of money in about 2 months. so, the other day, i cold-called (well, e-mailed) a few companies that do similar work to what my dad and i do (low-voltage/audio-video/computer networking/etc.) and heard back from one of them right away.

i had a phone interview today that i felt went pretty well. he sent me a personality survey to take and said if that went well, i could come in for an in-person interview next week. i did the survey as soon as i got off the phone. then, he immediately e-mailed me back and asked if i could come in tomorrow at 7am! HOLY FUCKING SHIT I MAY BE GETTING A NEW JOB!!!

(i've been doing this for over 13 years "full time")
    well, the in-person interview seemed to go very well, as they're sending me an offer later today!!!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    tgi-mfin'-f!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    One week from today, I will be a college graduate. I will also have the amazing opportunity to interview Shaun King, who is our keynote speaker, right after the ceremony.

FREAKING OUT ABOUT BOTH OF THESE THINGS

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    well, the in-person interview seemed to go very well, as they're sending me an offer later today!!!
    I GOT THE FUCKING JOB AND I START NEXT THURSDAY!

more importantly, my dad didn't freak out or even get upset. he seemed sad but proud of me, which is a huge deal.

i don't understand how this happened so quickly and so easily. i feel like someone's playing a prank on me, like jamie kennedy is gonna pop out from behind my couch and tell me i'm on his show. i sent this company an unsolicited e-mail on monday, had a phone interview yesterday, an in-person interview today, and i start in less than a week. that just...doesn't happen.

it's nice to feel like the universe is giving me a hug for once instead of stuffing me in a locker.
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 05-26-2018 at 08:56 AM.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Very happy for and proud of both of you guys.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    my dogs. my five-year-old is such a goofball. he waits for me outside the bathroom door, wags his tail when i smile at him, hates curse words ... i'm convinced he's an actual angel.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Finally graduating with my MA in political science definitely makes me happy. I took four years off and wasn’t planning on going back (studying in your 30s versus your 20s sucks). The new graduate advisor was a professor I was very fond of and he busted his ass (and jumped through a number of bureaucratic hoops) to get me back into the program. I walked this week and went through the hooding ceremony and it was all thanks to him

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Shinedown. They’re really, really good and unfortunately get grouped into the “nascar rock” spectrum. But they’re good man.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Shinedown. They’re really, really good and unfortunately get grouped into the “nascar rock” spectrum. But they’re good man.
    ahahahaha sarah and i were out for drinks last night and the bar had music videos playing all night. a shinedown song came on and i just started cracking up at how bad it was and especially how horrible his hair was (the plot of the video was something about a ballerina running away from home)

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I always really loved their cover of Simple Man

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Honestly, they’re a straightforward rock band and that’s it, and they used to be a guilty pleasure but at this point they’re probably in my top 5. Their new record attention attention is super solid. SUPER solid.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    our toilet was broken for three and a half days. THREE AND A HALF DAYS of peeing in the shower and having to leave our apartment to poop.

finally, tonight, we got it working again. that's after days of plunging, using the GREEN GOBBLER natural/pipe-safe clog remover, and lots of hoping.

i despise peeing standing up so i am so happy right now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Sometimes you run across someone that smiles at you first. I'm usually the first to smile at unknown people, even on a bad day. Sometime they smile back, sometimes they don't. Every once in a while I encounter someone that beats me to it. That always cheers me up.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I like it when I can finally explain my actions in a clear, reasonable, and logical manner.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    ice cold lemon lime gatorade when you feel under the weather.

@eversonpoe oh god what a nightmare! so glad it's fixed for you guys now.
    Last edited by kel; 05-29-2018 at 06:48 PM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    We had a bunch of appointments this week and my mom decided to get us suites at this nice place in Amarillo.
    I tried to talk her out of spending the money, but she insisted.

And HOLY SHIT they're nice!
    This is the best hotel suite I've ever stayed in: everything is new, the furniture is modern, the design is interesting!
    We will be here for about a week.
    What a lovely mini vacation!

This isn't the hotel we used to spend so much time in, but this place has made me realized that as much as I love that place, a lot of it has to do with nostalgia. It was once the top hotel in Amarillo but they just haven't kept it up the way they should have.
    I'm thinking this here is the new spot for sure.
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-29-2018 at 10:49 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Deep breaths and cool surfaces when you’re anxious

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)