Page 109 of 181 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 159 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,270 of 5427

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    ^^^^She lip sync'd!!

James impresses me with his total recall of song lyrics.
    Oh I'm sure he knows all that shit by heart (and practiced knowing his upcoming guest; he DOES have that music ready to go). She is singing, but it's hard to hear her because of him LOL.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-26-2016 at 07:16 PM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    just got the band past our 700th fan/like on Facebook. Woo hoo.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So, after months of false starts, I started my diet again on Monday. I lost 75 pounds and then gained freaking 40 back (thanks depression, bad eating habits, not enough willpower, stress, so many things). I want to get back to where I was and then continue losing (I still had about 35 pounds to go until my goal weight before I gained 40 back...yes, I was very, very big before all of this).

So I checked the scale and I've lost eight pounds. In five days. I lost THREE POUNDS since yesterday morning which...how does that work? I know water weight counts for some of it, but I can't imagine I was carrying eight pounds in water weight.

This is mostly a good thing, I'm just a little concerned because it's unhealthy to lose weight too fast. Then again, when you first start losing sometimes you lose a lot really fast and then it slows down and you start losing at a slower pace. I'm hoping it's just that. I mean, that would be great! And this is a great motivating start. So...woo hoo! I'm happy, but it's a qualified happy.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Semantics, freedom fries, lolling brains and a lion's pride

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    tonight I showed up to break down equipment for a DJ job, wound up that he was sick from alcohol poisoning... so I packed up the gear and drove him to the next gig. He couldn't hang, understandably, and so I just said hey, I can handle this.

I handled it.

I just broke my five year hiatus as a karaoke DJ, and got a lackluster small crowd to get happy as fuck and dance around and sing. I got the tips. I takes the money.

I ended the night with a screaming melodramatic version of Wrecking Ball that I hope never shows up on Youtube.
    It's always nice to know that I can still do that shit; be the entertainer and make people happy.

Added note: this was all last minute save-the-day shit, and I was not dressed for this. I showed up wearing shorts that look like what Sora wears in Kingdom Hearts and a moth-eaten Joy Division shirt.

Watch me rock.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    got a new tattoo last night and i LOVE IT

little fox, designed & tattooed by allie sider at logan square tattoo

first tattoo on my leg, actually hurt a little while i was getting it done

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    i have amassed like 40 20oz Crystal Pepsis. I guess i've had about 60, but we've been letting it flow pretty freely around here.
    They are already selling for $10 to $20 online, but i'm not selling them.
    I'm DRINKING the motherfuckers, because i ADORE them, and they remind me of 92-93.

I bought ALL of them from Dollar General and ALL of them from Allsups (once i saw that they weren't selling. I wasn't gonna like make it to where others couldn't try them.)

This isn't my pic, but my fridge is como eso. :P

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    A glass of cold milk. Preferably so cold you get an instant little headache while drinking it.

I believe people who don't like milk are actually aliens and should be isolated from society and experimented on.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    A glass of cold milk. Preferably so cold you get an instant little headache while drinking it.

I believe people who don't like milk are actually aliens and should be isolated from society and experimented on.
    milk is gross and the reason so many people are lactose intolerant is that we're really not meant to drink cow's milk, it's only meant for baby cows.

i'm not vegan and i never could be because i LOVE cheese & ice cream, but milk is GROSS. i never liked it, even as a kid, unless it was chocolate milk. almond milk is where it's at. much better for you, doesn't make me congested, and can be used for all the same things (dipping oreos in almond milk is SO GOOD).

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Prince Lestat and the Realms of Atlantis will be released on Nov 29!!!!

If you didn't read Prince Lestat but liked the first few, i suggest you read Prince Lestat, as it was a fucking Tour de Force, and also the first story to actually continue the narrative in 20 years.
    Anne Rice said she would "never write another vampire tale again, would never turn her back on God like that" in like 98 or 2000 or something.

And then she did, and it was FUCKING AWESOME.

And now there will be another. These are the little things that make me happy to be alive.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Anne Rice said she would "never write another vampire tale again, would never turn her back on God like that" in like 98 or 2000 or something.
    what a moron :: eye roll :: how does writing novels about vampires equate to "turning [your] back on god"?

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    what a moron :: eye roll :: how does writing novels about vampires equate to "turning [your] back on god"?
    i take it you aren't a fan.
    Anne's work was very blasphemous in terms of christianity. Lestat drank the blood of Christ on the road to the crucifixion, among other things.
    After her husband died, she found comfort in the church and wrote a book called Called out of Darkness which detailed her straying from the Church and eventual, overly zealous return. She pledged to only write books to glorify God and started her unfinished Christ the Lord trilogy, as well as the Songs of the Seraphim series. I was baffled but i went with it.
    But, shocked by all the hypocrisy and intolerance of the modern church, she bailed out of organized religion once again.
    I've read everything she's ever written, and i don't think a moron could write such lush, sensual prose and infuse it with gorgeous themes regarding the search for salvation and the human condition.
    I think she was just broken when her mate died. And i think that she felt that during the time she wrote the work that deeply questioned and sometimes openly mocked the church in which she was raised, i think she felt that during that time she had like "turned her back on God" and was pledging to never do it again.

I do agree that writing a vampire story, even a blasphemous one like Memnoch the Devil, doesn't equate to turning one's back on god, but i think it's just an example of how much grief she experienced and the comfort she received during the most devastating time in her life. I don't see it as evidence of like stupidity, or moronicity, as it were.

And lucky for us fans, she either realized that she wasn't turning her back on god in writing Prince Lestat, or WANTS to turn her back on God. She DID publicly leave the "christian belief system," but maintains that she still prays "to a higher power."

What ever got her to where she is now, i'm fucking thrilled she's there, and i hope that "...Atlantis" will be as mind bendingly amazing as Prince Lestat was.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    i take it you aren't a fan.
    Anne's work was very blasphemous in terms of christianity. Lestat drank the blood of Christ on the road to the crucifixion, among other things.
    After her husband died, she found comfort in the church and wrote a book called Called out of Darkness which detailed her straying from the Church and eventual, overly zealous return. She pledged to only write books to glorify God and started her unfinished Christ the Lord trilogy, as well as the Songs of the Seraphim series. I was baffled but i went with it.
    But, shocked by all the hypocrisy and intolerance of the modern church, she bailed out of organized religion once again.
    I've read everything she's ever written, and i don't think a moron could write such lush, sensual prose and infuse it with gorgeous themes regarding the search for salvation and the human condition.
    I think she was just broken when her mate died. And i think that she felt that during the time she wrote the work that deeply questioned and sometimes openly mocked the church in which she was raised, i think she felt that during that time she had like "turned her back on God" and was pledging to never do it again.

I do agree that writing a vampire story, even a blasphemous one like Memnoch the Devil, doesn't equate to turning one's back on god, but i think it's just an example of how much grief she experienced and the comfort she received during the most devastating time in her life. I don't see it as evidence of like stupidity, or moronicity, as it were.

And lucky for us fans, she either realized that she wasn't turning her back on god in writing Prince Lestat, or WANTS to turn her back on God. She DID publicly leave the "christian belief system," but maintains that she still prays "to a higher power."

What ever got her to where she is now, i'm fucking thrilled she's there, and i hope that "...Atlantis" will be as mind bendingly amazing as Prince Lestat was.
    i've only read "Interview" so i don't know the details of all the stories. and i meant that she was a moron for thinking in such narrow-minded terms. you can be smart AND an idiot

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    When you've not had a beer in a couple months and treat yourself to one and it's that very first sip and there's a wedge of lime floating in it and the glass was in the freezer and the beer got just at that edge of almost frosting but not quite and Talking Heads is blasting in your home and you're all alone and no one can judge how hard you dance

Sometimes something that simple really is the best

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    When you've not had a beer in a couple months and treat yourself to one and it's that very first sip and there's a wedge of lime floating in it and the glass was in the freezer and the beer got just at that edge of almost frosting but not quite and Talking Heads is blasting in your home and you're all alone and no one can judge how hard you dance

Sometimes something that simple really is the best
    I'm not there though, so is it really as perfect as it could be?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I'm not there though, so is it really as perfect as it could be?
    I'm scared that Lindemann's 'Ladyboy' would be the soundtrack to whatever would be happening if you were here

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    bought my first pair of birkenstocks today. shits sooo comfy.

next will be these guys

im going for sandal life....hippy/hood chic

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I'm scared that Lindemann's 'Ladyboy' would be the soundtrack to whatever would be happening if you were here
    It'd be a mixture of that, Golden Shower and then That's My Heart when we cuddle.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeDrug View Post
    bought my first pair of birkenstocks today. shits sooo comfy.

next will be these guys

im going for sandal life....hippy/hood chic
    That's the Cat's Ass! The Bee's Knees!
    However, it's about to get cold where i live.
    I have sandals but i don't want my feats to be rendered cold.

Then again, most of the feats i perform ARE cooler than being cool.... :P :P :P

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    next is a fresh pair of timbs

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeDrug View Post
    next is a fresh pair of timbs
    fuck yeah man. I need some damn new shoes myself.
    after the sandal talk, i listened to this song for the first time in like nine years. And i have to go out tomorrow. I'm thinking brand new shoes tomorrow.

"These shoes just don't suit me/hey-i put some new shoes on and suddenly everything's right!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I got my 'years that I've been sober' tattoo updated today!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    The smell of my clothes after I pick them up from the laundry!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Today is my last day of work before I leave for a two week Norwegian jaunt.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i've had a rough couple of weeks, but in the middle of it all, my close friend (and former bandmate in the elizabeth dane, who sadly broke up) and i wrote, recorded, and mixed a 4-song EP completely from scratch with no pre-planning. we wrote and recorded everything on the 10th/11th and mixed it on the 17th. it's up for pre-order now and releases on friday.

http://lyrachicago.bandcamp.com

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    i look forward to your new project @eversonpoe . and that's fucking AWESOME @GibbonBlack .

So, my wife's damaged brain must be adapting and improving. You guys might remember that she didn't even really speak for the first six months after she got sick.
    But in the past week or so, she has torn through 4 of the Vampire Chronicles and "wants some more!" This brings tears to my eyes.
    We also had a great "date night" type of thing tonight, watching a commercial free recording of the Cowboys beating the hated Redskins. It was a VERY exciting game, and we won, but more importantly, we talked football for the entire 2.5 hours.
    I love her so fucking much. Her sickness and personality change and decreased intellect have been trying to say the least, but she's getting a little better
    This is a dream come true for me.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    not "cheered up," but relieved;

i'm putting in my two week notice on my secondary job. i won't lose my ass in a monetary sense (i just have to not be frivolous!) and i will have time to pursue what makes me happy now, and what could benefit me in my future. i gotta get while the gettin's good. and it's time.

i also feel very fortunate, i know what i just posted is a luxury to many people.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I don''t know about it cheering me up but it sure amuses me. Since my mind is most often in the gutter, i had a chuckle when i noticed my Dad's new license plate reads CAKK on it.