Page 102 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,060 of 5434

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    In the past week, I've received an award from the Delaware Governor's STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) council for my work in education as well as a nomination from my school as a candidate for teacher of the year. Pretty grateful.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    a ahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! my blackberry passport, upon my typing "fuck", offered "FUCKCOCKSNATCHBALLS" as one of the autoprompt options. so very beavis and butthead, in my brain right now.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    working on a new set of mixes for my band's new album. the first song, "blue turtle yoga" never fails to put me in a good mood. the verse is in 7/4, the lyrics are about Sting and they're RIDICULOUS, and it's just a really great song.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    valentine's day party at school today. was up early attaching temporary tattoos to valentines for youngest. just before leaving he asks if i found the surprise in my bed. go and look and there is a valentine's card, a tattoo and a chocolate kiss for me.
    last night the oldest called me "mom the scientist" LOL. little cretin. can't wait for "mom the doctor" "mom the dictator" "mom the GOD" (dreaming on that one) etc.
    they make me laugh a lot. particularly when i probably shouldn't.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Burger King from time to time, even if I shouldn't have it as much as I've used to, as it reminded me of some of my nostalgic and sentimental childhood and teenage memories. It really was my introduction to fast food, and I've been there way more than McDonald's. I also love how the local Burger King restaurants around my way never seemed to show any signs of slowing down or going away. They were always in the same exact locations. Only time will tell though, but it surprised me to actually see a McDonald's come and go before a Burger King.

Oh yes, and Dunkin' Donuts. I love going there for breakfast too.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-12-2016 at 11:18 AM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    hey @allegro i didn't know where to put this, but thanks for the book recommendation. it was a trip, although i STILL don't know if i can handle the Ten Sefirot or the Zohar yet.

But i came across something that i thought might interest you, although you probably already know about it" Julian of Norwich's "Revelations of Divine Love." She was an anchoress and christian mystic who had "visions" and some fairly controversial ideas, even by today's standards (the idea of an androgynous or feminine YHVH is one.) It's also believed to be the first book any woman ever wrote in english. She's the one who said "All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well."

Reading her book along with the basic Kabbalah treatise has my spirituality on fire again and it feels damn good.

edit: you should check it out too @marodi , but i have a funny feeling i'm telling both of you ladies things you already know
    Last edited by elevenism; 02-12-2016 at 12:58 AM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    the lyrics are about Sting and they're RIDICULOUS, and it's just a really great song.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
    hahahahaha nope

blue turtle yoga. c'mon. don't you know that sting's first solo album is called "the dream of blue turtles" and that he's really big into yoga?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Reading her book along with the basic Kabbalah treatise has my spirituality on fire again and it feels damn good.
    Yeah, I'm re-reading a favorite Tibetan Buddhism book and really feel the same way, I really needed it right now, I know what you mean; feels good.

Also cheers me up: have dinner reservations to celebrate Valentine's Day tomorrow G at Tapas Barcelona, one of our fave restaurants, since G has to work on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Burger King from time to time, even if I shouldn't have it as much as I've used to, as it reminded me of some of my nostalgic and sentimental childhood and teenager memories. It really was my introduction to fast food, and I've been there way more than McDonald's.
    I have a childhood nostalgic attachment to McDonald's because I'm OLD (relative to this board), because it was the first and only fast food place that existed around us at the time and they only had, like, 6 things on the friggin' menu, but we thought it was such a big deal to be able to go, like oh boy, we don't have to eat Mom's dinner at home, whooooo. So I know what you mean. I LOVE Burger King tacos!!
    Last edited by allegro; 02-13-2016 at 03:42 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Someone gave me a SpongeBob themed fun dip at work for VD and I hadn't had fun dip in decades. I can confirm tropical stick/blue raspberry is fantastic.

And Barry Crimmins just responded to one of my tweets! Little things have me liking this day a lot!
    Last edited by Swykk; 02-12-2016 at 09:45 AM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    My wife and I bought our first new couch in 4 years and it's fucking GORGEOUS AND MASSIVE AND WE HAVE SO MUCH MORE ROOM FOR ACTIVITIES.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    "activities"

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    the northwest is having a rare early spring. i know it'll be short-lived, but i'm soaking it up big time.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    My wife and I bought our first new couch in 4 years and it's fucking GORGEOUS AND MASSIVE AND WE HAVE SO MUCH MORE ROOM FOR ACTIVITIES.
    pics! (of the couch, not the "activities")

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Pics! (of the "activities", not the couch)

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    Pics! (of the "activities", not the couch)

Lol don't tell my wife I took her picture and posted it on the Internet ��

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Ha! I was expecting a fort!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Dat Ashley Graham SI Swimsuit Edition cover.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    that made me laugh so hard it's sad.

also, seriously, that is a NICE couch.

that's adorable.

my wife and i often take our second couch and flip it around so we can pull it up to our main couch to make a "couch fort" so we can stretch our legs out. it's so nice.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    my wife and i often take our second couch and flip it around so we can pull it up to our main couch to make a "couch fort" so we can stretch our legs out. it's so nice.
    Do you ever play that game with cats where they're sleeping and you see just how many thing you can stack on top of them before they move?
    Yeah my wife is under there somewhere.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    L...l.....lmao

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I stepped onto a scale and was 20 pounds lighter than I expected. Night is made!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Dave Grohl singing Lionel Richie's "You Are" ... to Lionel Richie ... at MusiCares 2016.

Last edited by allegro; 02-16-2016 at 01:33 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    the northwest is having a rare early spring. i know it'll be short-lived, but i'm soaking it up big time.
    fuck ass fucking yes! my skin has been able to breathe! i haven't had to layer up in a week AND i've been able to open the house for a few hours every day. daffodils and birds of paradise are out, and the living's easy. like you said, too bad it's short lived...a storm is coming i've heard.

boats and motorcycles have been rampant, it's so fucking lovely.
    Last edited by ldopa; 02-17-2016 at 12:27 AM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I was going to say that I hate both of you but apparently it's marginally less awful in the coming days than it was this weekend/Monday (awful) here in NYC.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I created small but useful texteditor macro, lots of regular expressions, and it seems to work and will help me and some coworkers. It's nothing, but feels good to program something smart from time to time, without being asked to. :-)

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    when i am ditzy lol! i just tried to lick a cut off my thumb, thinking it was ketchup.
    ah, good times in lew ville.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    idaho gets a bad rap and rightfully so, but there are so many good and amazing and creative and diverse people here. i suppose anyone could say that about most anywhere, but i'm truly proud of my idahome.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Got my Blackstar hoodie in the mail today.
    Rocking it with my blackstar plugs (they are white with black stars, so they match.
    i love it.