Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Awake (NBC series)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Awake (NBC series)

I started a thread about this upcoming show on the old ETS but figured I'd start it up again since we now have a (rather soon) start date of March 1st. The show will continue to air on Thursday nights.

Police detective Michael Britten (Jason Isaacs) regains consciousness following a car accident involving his wife Hannah (Laura Allen) and his son Rex (Dylan Minnette). Michael moves back and forth between two realities: in one, Rex survived while Hannah is dead; in the other, Hannah survived but Rex did not. Trying to keep both his loved ones alive, Michael starts living a "double life," moving back and forth between the two realities, dealing with different personal conflicts and police partners. He also starts noticing strange links between the two realities.

The trailer is still amazing to me as well:

Been patiently waiting for this to start and I cannot wait to watch it.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Wow! That actually looks really promising. Damn, OM. First Touch and now this. Thanks to you, my laundry list of shows I need to watch is getting bigger and bigger.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'm digging the possible mystery angle they're trying to do as well with him trying to figure out what's going on or if it's all in his head. Should be good stuff.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I'm skeptical of network TV, but those two shows actually do look intriguing. I'm a bit more interested in this one, though. Parallel universes have always interested me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'll be all over this when it starts airing. I just pray that i don't invest all the time into this show, only for the writers to pull a Fight Club/Shutter Island ending in the last episode of the last season (given it'll last long).

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Cuz that's been done, tried, and has pissed off a number of people like myself who aren't into the "OH!? It's all in his head? Well shit" -type endings.

END SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

And i do understand that this IS sort of the basis for this show and that it's all supernatural to begin with (well, psychological i mean), but it would be nice to see something more original.

Sorry, i'm very critical of writers.
    Last edited by GoodSoldier333; 02-04-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    ^^Yeah, I didn't mind that ending the first hundred times I saw it, but now it's pretty played out.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Excellent pilot.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I am blown away. Very great pilot, quality tv on all possible levels.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodSoldier333 View Post
    I'll be all over this when it starts airing. I just pray that i don't invest all the time into this show, only for the writers to pull a Fight Club/Shutter Island ending in the last episode of the last season (given it'll last long).
    When it ends, they'll tell us he's been the dead one all along. :/

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Or he's still in a coma, not knowing whether or not his son or wife is still alive. Or, it'll end up as the perspective of the one who survived. Either way,I enjoyed the pilot, and I'm curious to see how it all plays out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The creators have gone on record saying that him being in a coma or dead are not options.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I liked the pilot, seems like the show has a lot of potential as long as NBC doesn't cancel it before it has a chance.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pemulis View Post
    The creators have gone on record saying that him being in a coma or dead are not options.
    My interest is even higher now. Thank God they got that out of the way early on.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Holy fuck episode 2's ending...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Damned sh*t Awake is already barely alive ratings wise. But it was expected.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ops-20/123798/

I really almost love this show, how can people think this is boring? I don't like shows this fast, but the whole feel of it just grabs me by my balls and I'm liking it.
    Last edited by profane; 03-10-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I heard of this but didn't catch it. I'm too lazy to download and being 2 episodes aired already it wouldn't be worth watching.

As for the ratings, not much publicity was given for this show. Least I know of it's very unheard of.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    God damn episode 3 a few nights ago was amazing. The things they can do with this premise is basically unlimited. I really loved Spoiler: how his son got kidnapped in the one reality and he knew the only way to talk to the kidnapper again after the cops killed him was to get to his other reality to interrogate him. Good shit.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    So apparently a rare and weird side-effect of SSRI medications is that you lose the ability to tell reality from dreaming. I'm thinking maybe that's what the writers dreamed up for him... that he started taking anti-depressants after the accident to deal with the death (of the wife or the son... whichever it really is) and then started having the weird reality/dream side-effects.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Last week's episode was the best since the season opener.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Ok, good show, watched till the 3rd episode so far. Something tells me though, that this show will get really old real fast.

hmmm, maybe not as quick as i expected....
    Last edited by Sallos; 04-15-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Wow, it keeps getting better and better. I didn't like episode 8, felt like a filler. But it was still more entertaining than most stuff I've seen on TV in a long time.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Canceled.

No surprise off course, but I'm pretty bummed by it still.
    Such a great show, there were somewhat weaker moments but overall this show deserves some serious saving.
    Last edited by profane; 05-11-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Cancelled? Laaaaaaaaaaaame.

Was good while it lasted.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Damn, it was one of the few shows I've actually enjoyed recently. I hope they manage to tie up some loose ends by the end.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Seriously! Wtf?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    we can always dream an alternate reality where the show doesn't get cancelled....no?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm hoping another network will pick it up. It deserves to live another season! No Bondo.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Sorry for posting under my last post here, just wanted to draw some attention to a campaign for the show.

https://www.facebook.com/SaveAwakeOfficial
    http://saveawake.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by profane View Post
    Sorry for posting under my last post here, just wanted to draw some attention to a campaign for the show.

https://www.facebook.com/SaveAwakeOfficial
    http://saveawake.blogspot.com/
    Hell yeah!