Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Awake (NBC series)

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Yes! Let's do anything we can to save this.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Guy's got a good idea. But maybe an online petition would help out as well.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Guy's got a good idea. But maybe an online petition would help out as well.
    There is a link to an online petition on the blog!

I think Netflix and by a very long shot AMC are the best options for a pick-up. Write them like I and many others did. We might end up empty but at least we'll try to stay Awake! (lame I know) The show really deserves to get good and solid closure. The finale won't give that I'm afraid.
    Last edited by profane; 05-19-2012 at 06:32 PM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Another one! http://www.change.org/petitions/a-wake-up-nbc# 747 out of 1,000 signatures so far!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So, someone made this pretty awesome video with a great song behind it:

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Was discussing this with my fiancee last night. My theory is that there's a good sporting chance this won't come back at all (despite the fact that it was awesome, and the last episode was FANTASTIC). The 'Save ____' worked and probably had a hand in the saving of a few shows (most recently Fringe) but in this day and age with social media, Twitter, etc. I feel that every single show now will probably end up having a 'Save ____' campaign once it gets cancelled. I'm also sure the networks are aware of this, and the whole idea will become oversaturated, to the point where NBC or whoever will go 'OK it's done. I wonder how long before the online save campaign starts?' At that point the effectiveness will pretty much die off I think.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I hope the ratings tonight blow NBC on their asses. Idiots. Been rewatching the older episodes. Ridiculous how this isn't living another season. Show is amazing and isn't getting any of the respect it truly deserves from NBC.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    It's over...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    No, it was supposed to go even further after this finale:

http://tvline.com/2012/05/25/awake-s...ions-answered/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Amaaaaaaaaaaazing season finale. Didn't expect it to be that good to be honest.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Was discussing this with my fiancee last night. My theory is that there's a good sporting chance this won't come back at all (despite the fact that it was awesome, and the last episode was FANTASTIC). The 'Save ____' worked and probably had a hand in the saving of a few shows (most recently Fringe) but in this day and age with social media, Twitter, etc. I feel that every single show now will probably end up having a 'Save ____' campaign once it gets cancelled. I'm also sure the networks are aware of this, and the whole idea will become oversaturated, to the point where NBC or whoever will go 'OK it's done. I wonder how long before the online save campaign starts?' At that point the effectiveness will pretty much die off I think.
    Your opinion is very valid but I'm crossing my fingers for a miracle.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Don't get me wrong...I'd be pumped as hell for any news of a possible continuation as well. :/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I thought the premise of this show was amazing, but I didn't watch it because I felt it would go over too many heads and have an early demise. Such a shame, its been forever since a network show or any TV show for that matter got my blood pumping.
    Television the great lost art.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iran_Ed View Post
    I thought the premise of this show was amazing, but I didn't watch it because I felt it would go over too many heads and have an early demise. Such a shame, its been forever since a network show or any TV show for that matter got my blood pumping.
    Television the great lost art.
    This. Some people simply just didn't get it, I guess. I still blame the timeslot it was put in though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Ok, one of us just had a chat on Twitter with Kyle Killen. You can see it on our feed:

https://twitter.com/#!/SaveAwake

"We've really explored getting to another network, and while it seems relatively simple, it's extraordinarily complex and ultimately not feasible.
    I can't tell you how much we appreciate your efforts, but I'm afraid it's simply not going to happen. Too many problematic factors.
    Perhaps campaigning to ensure Jason's performance is not forgotten by Emmy voters would be the most effective way forward."
    Last edited by profane; 05-27-2012 at 01:17 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    He made it sound kinda hopeless... I say "don't give up". Emmys wouldn't be such a bad idea either though. Have a feeling he's trying not to piss NBC off... If some shows can return from the dead, so can this one.

I'll certainly be buying the DVD when it comes out. I recommend that for all. If the DVD sells well, then maybe the numbers will help do some of the talking.
    Last edited by Piko; 05-27-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i'll have to rewatch the finale, on first viewing it didn't seem to wrap things up in an expected manner.

--

this was a pretty cool series though, interesting concept, written well enough, and had a great cast. loved the dual therapists.

i'm not sure how well the concept would have worn over time, i'd of liked to see more of which "side" was reality and what side was the dream.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I viewed it as different realities. The ending left me pretty confused though.