Happy April Fools.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Only 50 views after a year

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stlkr View Post
    Only 50 views after a year
    I just added 1 to that number, and I already regret it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calx1111 View Post
    Yo! I was at that Orbital show in NYC as well. Fantastic show.
    Ha, me too - though I was wearing a Skinny Puppy shirt. Someone I was standing near was talking about NIN - maybe it was one of you guys? I was centered on the rail for both early and late.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Ade Fenton (producer for Gary Numan) has picked ten defining songs, and not only NIN but also HTDA and a track from Atticus' Book of Eli soundtrack made the list: https://www.tonnrecordings.com/journ...ngs-ade-fenton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was on the rail upstairs. Quite possibly was me talking about NIN at some point. haha

Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    Ha, me too - though I was wearing a Skinny Puppy shirt. Someone I was standing near was talking about NIN - maybe it was one of you guys? I was centered on the rail for both early and late.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Saw news that Keith LeBlanc died. He worked on Pretty Hate Machine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Saw news that Keith LeBlanc died. He worked on Pretty Hate Machine.
    I've just seen Cevin Key post on Facebook regarding Keith passing ��

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Ade Fenton (producer for Gary Numan) has picked ten defining songs, and not only NIN but also HTDA and a track from Atticus' Book of Eli soundtrack made the list: https://www.tonnrecordings.com/journ...ngs-ade-fenton
    Panoramic would be my choice from that LP too

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Trent Reznor is at Coachella. Spotted watching Hatsune Miku

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I'm sure this has been posted before, but it was new to me. Watching the OJ doc ESPN did in 2016 and a Ghosts song came on in the last episode.

Edit: a few minutes later another one plays.
    Last edited by imail724; 04-24-2024 at 08:29 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

https://www.brooklynvegan.com/lollap...-to-paramount/

Bound to be some NIN appearances in this!

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Bound to be some NIN appearances in this!
    It sounds like they had some problems clearing the rights for least some of the NIN footage:

(At 8:05):

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Are they talking about this shot perhaps? If so, so what, we already have that.

C52lDoa.png

Who would even own NIN live 1991 footage? MTV? TVT or whomever they sold it to? I'm sure Trent would be fully on board if it was up to him

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Are they talking about this shot perhaps? If so, so what, we already have that.
    Yeah, but they also mentioned something about some other camera, but it wasn't clear what that was about.

Who would even own NIN live 1991 footage? MTV? TVT or whomeve they sold it to? I'm sure Trent would be fully on board if it was up to him
    Yeah, I'm honestly not even sure, but I'm pretty certain that Trent has no say in it.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    a shot of Trent's former place in New Orleans (great video and channel) , 18:52 "I'm sorry, who owned that?" "Trent Reznor, Nine Inch Nails" "Pretty Hate Machine, remember that album?"

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    12 great original film scores from rock musicians who became composers (avclub.com)

Reznor and Ross’ new score for Challengers may be one of their best so far, but they still have yet to surpass the success of their very first collaboration together. The Social Network score remains an all-timer. Before David Fincher asked Reznor to work on the Mark Zuckerberg biopic, the former Nine Inch Nails frontman had produced soundtracks and tried his hand at scoring solo. But it wasn’t until he teamed up with Ross that things really clicked (they’ve now scored five films together for Fincher). Their haunting melodies and pulsating, electronic beats are perfectly suited to the story of a driven entrepreneur whose personality defects overshadowed his meteoric success. That push and pull is what makes it so effective, and contributed to the team winning the first of their two Oscars for Best Original Score (the second was for Soul).

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    no Cliff Martinez, Danny Elfman or Clint Mansell? come on, these people fit the premise of the article perfectly

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    no Cliff Martinez, Danny Elfman or Clint Mansell? come on, these people fit the premise of the article perfectly
    They stated at the beginning that they were focusing on people who were mainly rock musicians for the majority of their careers, then did film scores. Obviously those guys were in bands before they became film composers, but with the exception of Danny Elfman, they are primarily known as composers first. I know when I think of Martinez or Mansell, I think of their scores first and their band contributions second.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Slipknot concert last thursday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    They stated at the beginning that they were focusing on people who were mainly rock musicians for the majority of their careers, then did film scores. Obviously those guys were in bands before they became film composers, but with the exception of Danny Elfman, they are primarily known as composers first. I know when I think of Martinez or Mansell, I think of their scores first and their band contributions second.
    PWEI was famous but not on US market I think

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I love how the premise is thrown out on slide number two: Electro-pop and it was their second album.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    seriously, Danny Elfman is the prime example of a successful transition to score composer. whoever made this list must not have heard of Oingo Boingo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    https://www.detroitnews.com/story/en...y/73518334007/

If there is a Hail (to the Victors), I'll see you there.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...um-1235012719/

This is a wild story...internet sleuths figured out the title, artist, and details to a previously unidentified 80s song...and also a NIN mention:

Philip and I liked George Michael and Culture Club back then. And then Nine Inch Nails and Peter Gabriel influenced us. To go back [to the song] felt like we were 20 again.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Joe Slaby (drum tech from APC/Puscifer/Primus Sessanta tour) have been posting lots of cool clips during the tour. This was one of the recent ones

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    This barely qualifies as NIN Spotting, really, but I was thrown through quite a loop when I saw this while trying to find a reasonable lossless download of Challengers earlier:

There's an electronic artist who just goes by "Reznor" who's released various things, but Qobuz ended up categorizing at least that one incorrectly. I'd been wondering if it was some kind of single from the Challengers soundtrack or something at first. Looks like there's plenty of other not-actually-Trent-Reznor tracks on his Qobuz artist page: https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/interpre...-reznor/209674
    Last edited by xolotl; 05-02-2024 at 01:24 PM. Reason: properly inline image