Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: WitchGang - a virtual band supergroup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    The other trademarks registered to TRARMSA are unfamiliar:
    https://uspto.report/company/Trarmsa-L-L-C

There's "Tremolo Music and Arts Festival" registered this summer. It was filed by Zia Modabber, so it could be related to Trent. I can't find anything for that name though, other than a Russian music festival (probably unrelated) and a Tremolo Festival in Seattle (also unrelated).

Then there's "RE/SKIN" which is something to do with downloadable digital music. That one was filed by an attorney, Isaac Fine, not previously associated with Trent. So, that's why I wonder if "MSA" is another person(s)?
    I notice Memory Fade has now been added to this page, so guess they have more plans if still filing new trademarks?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by explodey View Post
    I notice Memory Fade has now been added to this page, so guess they have more plans if still filing new trademarks?
    That page is all the trademarks registered to Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross's joint holding company, so it's not necessarily related to WitchGang.

This trademark is registered in the goods categories of Clothing, namely, tops, tank tops, knit tops, shirts, short-sleeved t-shirts, long-sleeved t-shirts, blouses, shorts, dress shirts, coats, winter coats, vests, sweaters, pullovers, sweatshirts, hooded sweatshirts, jackets, blazers, jeans, skirts, dresses, pants and sweatpants; Footwear for men and women; Headwear, namely, hats, beanies and baseball caps; Athletic footwear, Fragrances and perfumery; Skin lotion; Scented body lotions and creams, Watches and jewelry, Backpacks; Handbags; Luggage; Suitcases; Duffel bags; Luggage straps; Messenger bags; Overnight bags; Shoulder bags; Travel bags; Wheeled tote bags.

So make of that what you will.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Timeless kind of sucks but Nothing's Alright is decent.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by explodey View Post
    If it wasn't clear from my previous post, there's definitely more stuff in the works.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    If it wasn't clear from my previous post, there's definitely more stuff in the works.
    Timeless is being added to fortnite festival this week. People on the fortnite sub reddit are shitting on it even though I think it’s quite a cool song.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yippeeee

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I don't hate this.

Update: that riff sounds really familiar.
    Last edited by cdm; 04-15-2024 at 02:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    I don't hate this.

To me it sounds very similar to the intro they do for live

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobCoz98 View Post
    To me it sounds very similar to the intro they do for live
    Yeah, to my ear a mix of that and Sunspots.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Reminds me of Echoplex, but I don't think the melody is reused here from anything.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Best of the 3 certainly. Much more of a NIN feel to it. Can't believe this first broke 4 months ago and today's the first I've heard about it....

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by azad_ninja View Post
    Not too shabby. Doesn't sound as generic as the other two tracks. Gives me slight TV On The Radio vibes (makes sense with Dave Sitek involved). That bassline is pretty nice. Also, does that artwork give anyone else Lost Highway feels?

EDIT: I don't know why, but the opening guitar feels like a slowed down version of this:
    Last edited by BRoswell; 04-16-2024 at 04:16 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Too bad the whole fictional band thing fell through.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stankeybearlover View Post
    Too bad the whole fictional band thing fell through.
    What?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was wondering as well but I eventually got to where they must mean it's not fictional since song credits are being released. So instead of "who could it be?" we know. that said, it's easy enough to pretend - much like with an alt-reality ARG - that they're still anon.

I hope the new stuff gets to Bandcamp. Note that as of this morning it was not so looking at future releases.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    they should have led with that one...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    this always reminded me of Milli Vanilli type deal lol - the artists don’t make the music they just promote it with their appearances, but swap real people with AI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I hope the new stuff gets to Bandcamp. Note that as of this morning it was not so looking at future releases.
    On Qobuz, the first 2 singles are attributed to "Witchgang Records" but the new single is listed under just "Witchgang." I wonder if that means the group has been picked up by a big label, because that usually seems to be the reason artists stop putting music on Bandcamp.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulgaren View Post
    yippeeee
    These credits are incorrect/incomplete... for a kickoff, Stephen Marcussen is a mastering engineer, Serban Ghenea is a mix engineer, and Jacob Moreno is a recording engineer; they're not performers.
    Last edited by botley; 04-23-2024 at 12:32 PM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    The credits are listed correctly on Qobuz (press the 'i' information button next to "Buy Track"):
    https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/ru.../ilh2jbjta3ghb

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    How did I miss this!? Really enjoying what I've heard so far. Nothing's Alright is a banger - sounds like they took some hyper pop inspiration from 100gecs.