Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Patton

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perceptionnexus View Post
    Anyone else check out the Nevermen album released last week? Took a couple listens to let the songs sink in, but I'm thoroughly digging it now
    I love it.

I especially like how it was a free for all with the vocals. They didn't just assign each verse to one person, their vocals constantly intertwine with each other and meld together to create something unique.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Well this is exciting, I really loved Romances when it came out!
    Mike Patton and John Kaada collaborate on new album Bacteria Cult

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Well this is exciting, I really loved Romances when it came out!
    Mike Patton and John Kaada collaborate on new album Bacteria Cult
    Romances was a damn good album, this should be interesting as well. Patton looks to be pretty busy again this year.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    FNM's debut to be reissued. Yes, Mike Patton does not sing on it, but this is the only FNM thread.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/fai...-bonus-tracks/

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I hope they also do a deluxe edition for "Introduce yourself"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I love the Chuck Mosley era albums. The guy has character and there were plenty good songs. I even got into them after The Real Thing was out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I hope they also do a deluxe edition for "Introduce yourself"
    Introduce Yourself is probably still owned by Slash Records/Rhino. I'd guess a reissue is somewhat dependent on how the rereleases of the Real Thing & Angel Dust performed last year. Then again, the band had no input on those so who knows?

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post
    Introduce Yourself is probably still owned by Slash Records/Rhino. I'd guess a reissue is somewhat dependent on how the rereleases of the Real Thing & Angel Dust performed last year. Then again, the band had no input on those so who knows?
    It's a tricky thing because "Introduce yourself" is not as famous as "The Real Thing" and "Angel Dust", but the original recording deserves a proper remaster and i bet there's tons of B Sides from that era, plus: we would get the first 4 albums with the "deluxe treatment"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like "Deluxe" editions of King for a Day and Album of the Year are indeed coming this year.

I'd regret spending the amount of money I did on an Argentinian copy of KFAD last year for the Spanish version of Evidence if I wasn't concerned that Rhino's "remastering" of these will be just as uninspiring as the Real Thing and Angel Dust reissues.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Been giving Sol Invictus some spins lately, to remind me of last summer when it was one of my main jams.
    I think it's a good record, it has some great peaks, and I hope they do another one.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    What, no remaster for "Introduce Yourself"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What, no remaster for "Introduce Yourself"?
    You would think that would have to come at some point. But Slash/Rhino owns that album, not the band, and Chuck Mosely is less marketable than Patton.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    You would think that would have to come at some point. But Slash/Rhino owns that album, not the band, and Chuck Mosely is less marketable than Patton.
    Good point, still if they are already doing the "We Care a Lot" remaster and all the other albums will be available in that format i think it makes no sense that "Introduce Yourself" isn't getting that treatment (the album is almost out of print also).
    I will be buying the other remasters too, yet i don't see the point on remastering "King For a Day", since it already sounds great, i hope they include the spanish version of "Evidence" at least

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I don't think loudness remastering really helps these albums. ANGELDUST in particular is already compressed to hell, which was a necessary part of its sound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good point, still if they are already doing the "We Care a Lot" remaster and all the other albums will be available in that format i think it makes no sense that "Introduce Yourself" isn't getting that treatment (the album is almost out of print also).
    I will be buying the other remasters too, yet i don't see the point on remastering "King For a Day", since it already sounds great, i hope they include the spanish version of "Evidence" at least
    The Spanish version is on the remastered version. So is a Portuguese version.

The Album of the Year remaster looks to be missing several of that era's remixes, and looks to be much more lightweight as far as extra content than these other rereleases which is a bit disappointing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Last week was the 25th anniversary of Mr. Bungle's self-titled release, and the band's social presences have shown some activity.

A fan site has been posting interviews with some of the guys and it sounds like there is some interest in some kind of reunion, assuming they "have something new to say."

Trevor Dunn name dropped a couple unreleased songs that were recorded for each album.
    http://www.faithnomorefollowers.com/...rsary.html?m=1

At the very least, Warner Bros. & Ipecac make some deluxe versions happen.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emptydesk View Post
    I don't think loudness remastering really helps these albums. ANGELDUST in particular is already compressed to hell, which was a necessary part of its sound.
    I think you mean The Real Thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    There's a Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab version of Angel Dust that has some more clarity, but it does indeed lose a lot of its edge without the "loudness" so I would agree that it was part of the design of the album.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emptydesk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    There's a Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab version of Angel Dust that has some more clarity, but it does indeed lose a lot of its edge without the "loudness" so I would agree that it was part of the design of the album.
    there's an interview with the guy who mixed Angel Dust where he talks about how, normally when he mixes, he uses a ton of compression, but decided to try something different, so almost ALL of the compression on the album happened during the mastering process. MoFi didn't talk to him when they did their remaster so they weren't aware of that, and it really lost a lot of its oomph.

http://www.faithnomoreblog.com/2012/...dles-with.html

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I guess the announcement of 2 FNM show this weekend with Chuck Mosley should go here? One in SF and one in LA. Pretty cool.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Really wish Patton had recorded that Crudo (with Dan the Automator) album. Lovage is one of my favourite, and imho most underrated Patton albums. A new Peeping Tom album would be cool too: again, another underrated one.

At the end of the day I want to hear Patton sing. The weirdo experimental shit is fine, but it's Patton's singing voice that is his main asset for me.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Really wish Patton had recorded that Crudo (with Dan the Automator) album. Lovage is one of my favourite, and imho most underrated Patton albums. A new Peeping Tom album would be cool too: again, another underrated one.

At the end of the day I want to hear Patton sing. The weirdo experimental shit is fine, but it's Patton's singing voice that is his main asset for me.
    assuming you've heard mondo caine, yeah? quite a lot of amazing singing on that one.

i still think seeing peeping tom is one of the best shows i'll ever experience.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Listening to Angel Dust right now. Great album.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    So stoked for that Mondo Cane vinyl reissue coming out. It's super expensive for an original and agreed his singing is a high water mark on that one
    didn't know that was happening! details?

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    assuming you've heard mondo caine, yeah? quite a lot of amazing singing on that one.

i still think seeing peeping tom is one of the best shows i'll ever experience.
    Yes, I saw Peeping Tom a couple of times and they were awesome shows, parties, a great time.

Mondo Cane: I do like that record, especially 20 Km al giorno, which I used in Italian class to teach numbers, which was cool.
    I grew up in Italy, and I dunno, I feel that album could have better or different: maybe I like about half of it. I guess for me he could have chosen different songs. I can't put my finger on it, but there's something off about it and it doesn't fully grab me.
    For some reason, and maybe I'm completely making this up, but I had the impression there was to be or should be more music from that project, and that on its own it feels incomplete. I don't know why but I thought it was going to be more of an ongoing project where he'd keep doing more covers, but it seems to have halted.
    Last edited by aggroculture; 08-18-2016 at 09:52 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    well...fuck.

i'm about to pre-order that new king crimson 80s box set so i'm probably going to pass on this. :[

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, I saw Peeping Tom a couple of times and they were awesome shows, parties, a great time.

For some reason, and maybe I'm completely making this up, but I had the impression there was to be or should be more music from that project, and that on its own it feels incomplete. I don't know why but I thought it was going to be more of an ongoing project where he'd keep doing more covers, but it seems to have halted.
    I think when Mondo Cane was releasing Patton did a few interviews where he said there would be more than one album.

Peeping Tom was supposed to be a trilogy of albums, supposedly, too.

Obviously the Faith No More reunion came along a took up a couple years. That's been great, but it's also meant that Patton's projects have not been as frequent. I can't think of anything that he's even rumored to be working on now, when in the past he always had a couple things on the way.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    If it was up to me, a Mr Bungle reunion would be amazing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If it was up to me, a Mr Bungle reunion would be amazing.
    same, it'll probably never happen though . I didn't even discover them until this year and California is probably my most listened to album of the year.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I hope it will: Trey and Mike have mended bridges and collaborated over recent years.
    Yet, unlike with FNM, there's no major financial motivation for a Bungle reunion.

For me personally I don't think Mike has ever had a better writer/producer than Trey.