Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Patton

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Yeah this sounds suspect. I remember hearing that John Hudson wrote a few of the best songs on that record like Collision and Stripsearch while Patton wrote numbers like Phone Home and possibly Naked infront computer
    Patton went on tour with Bungle, they wrote 10 or so songs with Roddy. Mike came back, hated most of the songs and refused to record them. the only songs to really survive were ashes to ashes and paths of glory and last cup of sorrow. then Roddy got pissed at MP and didnt write anything on the new batch of songs..its not speculation, its 100 percent fact lol....

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    Patton went on tour with Bungle, they wrote 10 or so songs with Roddy. Mike came back, hated most of the songs and refused to record them. the only songs to really survive were ashes to ashes and paths of glory and last cup of sorrow. then Roddy got pissed at MP and didnt write anything on the new batch of songs..its not speculation, its 100 percent fact lol....
    could you cite an article or interview or something that supports that?

"lol"

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    FNM played a surprise 5 song set at Amoeba in San Francisco yesterday.

Setlist:

1. Motherfucker
    2. As The Worms Turns
    3. Spirit
    4. Ashes To Ashes
    5. Superhero

Part 1

Part 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I came to that concert footage.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Ugh, MP really seems to be hating all this. (Evident sarcasm)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by profane View Post
    Ugh, MP really seems to be hating all this. (Evident sarcasm)
    I don't think he seems any different than at any other show with any other band. He's just a sarcastic guy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    I don't think he seems any different than at any other show with any other band. He's just a sarcastic guy.
    I was aiming at the talk that MP was forced into this, while it's evident that they're all having a good time.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    All of them look happy to be there, i'm glad they didn't just "reunite" but also are working as a unit.
    I hope this "reunion" lasts a long time, i'm wondering if they'll use the suits again for the tour, love that look but it was refreshing to see them again in their street clothes and i bet they felt confortable too...
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 12-01-2014 at 12:38 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Just got the Tetema - Geocidal vinyl in the mail. Spinning it now. It's so wonderfully bizarre.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Just got the Tetema - Geocidal vinyl in the mail. Spinning it now. It's so wonderfully bizarre.
    got mine yesterday but haven't had a chance to listen yet. i'm excited!

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    FAITH NO MORE ANNOUNCE NORTH AMERICAN TOUR

DATES MARK BAND’S FIRST NORTH AMERICAN SHOWS SINCE 2010; NEW SONG, “SUPERHERO,” AVAILABLE MARCH 17
    Photo credit: Dustin Rabin (click on photo for high-resolution download)
    SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 26, 2015 – Faith No More confirm their first North American shows since 2010 with a spring outing kicking off April 15 in Vancouver.

The announcement comes as the Bay Area band wraps up work on their follow-up to 1997’s Album of the Year. The as-of-yet untitled album is due this May via the band’s newly formed imprint, Reclamation Recordings, which is distributed by Ipecac Recordings. Faith No More founder and bass player, Bill Gould is overseeing production.

“Here we go,” said Gould. “First North American tour dates, some in cities we haven’t played in over 17 years. We are armed with the new material and ready for whatever comes our way.”

"Superhero" cover
    Preceding the tour is the release of a second single from the forthcoming album, “Superhero,” which will be available as a limited edition 7-inch single on March 17 followed by a digital release on March 31. Faith No More released the single, “Motherf****r,” as part of Record Store Day’s Black Friday event. To mark the release of their first new music since the late ‘90s, the band played a surprise set at Amoeba San Francisco.

North American tour dates:
    April 15 Vancouver, BC PNE Forum
    April 16 Seattle, WA Paramount Theater
    April 17 Portland, OR Keller Auditorium
    April 19 San Francisco, CA Warfield
    April 20 San Francisco, CA Warfield
    April 23 Los Angeles, CA The Wiltern
    April 24 Los Angeles, CA The Wiltern
    April 25 Santa Ana, CA The Observatory

May 7 Chicago, IL Concord Music Hall
    May 8 Detroit, MI The Fillmore
    May 9 Toronto, ON Sony Centre for the Performing Arts
    May 11 Boston, MA Orpheum Theatre
    May 13 New York, NY Webster Hall
    May 14 New York, NY Webster Hall
    May 15 Philadelphia, PA Electric Factory

Tickets for all shows are on-sale this Friday, Jan. 30, at 10 am local time. A fan club pre-sale will be made available on Wednesday, Jan. 28 with more details to be found on FNM.com and via the band’s social media pages (facebook.com/officialfnm and twitter.com/faithnomore).

Full Faith No More routing:
    February 17 Tokyo, Japan Studio Coast
    February 18 Tokyo, Japan Studio Coast
    February 21 Adelaide, Australia Soundwave Festival
    February 22 Melbourne, Australia Soundwave Festival
    February 28 Sydney, Australia Soundwave Festival

March 1 Brisbane, Australia Soundwave Festival
    March 3 Auckland, New Zealand WestFest

April 15 Vancouver, BC PNE Forum
    April 16 Seattle, WA Paramount Theater
    April 17 Portland, OR Keller Auditorium
    April 19 San Francisco, CA Warfield
    April 20 San Francisco, CA Warfield
    April 23 Los Angeles, CA The Wiltern
    April 24 Los Angeles, CA The Wiltern
    April 25 Santa Ana, CA The Observatory

May 7 Chicago, IL Concord Music Hall
    May 8 Detroit, MI The Fillmore
    May 9 Toronto, ON Sony Centre for the Performing Arts
    May 11 Boston, MA Orpheum Theatre
    May 13 New York, NY Webster Hall
    May 14 New York, NY Webster Hall
    May 15 Philadelphia, PA Electric Factory
    May 29 Nurburgring, Germany Grune Holle Festival
    May 31 Munich, Germany Rockavaria Festival

June 2 Milan, Italy Sonisphere
    June 4 Vienna, Austria Vienna Rocks Festival
    June 5 Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic Rock For People Festival
    June 12 Landgraaf, Netherlands Pinkpop Festival
    June 13 Donington, UK Download Festival
    June 20 Clisson, France Hellfest
    June 21 Dessel, Belgium Graspop Festival

Aug. 7 – 9 Montreal, QC Heavy Montreal

-30-

www.fnm.com
    www.facebook.com/officialfnm
    www.twitter.com/faithnomore

Would love to make that Chicago show.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Awwwwww yussssss, hittin' up that show here fo sho.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fuck! I wish they'd come closer to Pittsburgh or something. Philadelphia is a 6 hour drive from here, fuck. Anyways, I fucking love Faith No More.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Ugh, the venues these are at are really small. These are gonna be hard tickets to get.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Going to try and make Chicago (as in, IF I can get tickets).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Come on man! A one month tour is kind of short. They're ignoring a lot of real estate.

I hope they plan to tour some more in late summer and fall when they return to North America.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Looks like I'll have to make a road trip. That Santa Ana show is a likely suspect.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Got tickets for the Boston show! Can't fucking wait!

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I can't believe I'm...actually...yes I think I'm going to take a pass on this.

I saw them back in 1998, in Brooklyn and at Download a few years ago...and I just don't think it'll be worth the hassle of going to Chicago with the fam etc. I might change my mind and buy a ticket anyway....still mulling.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Well that presale was NIN.com presale levels of bullshit. Hit refresh at 9:59, page comes up at 10, I'm put in a shitty line telling me it's likely I'll get tickets, waited 11 minutes, let into store part only to see they've already sold out.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Well that presale was NIN.com presale levels of bullshit. Hit refresh at 9:59, page comes up at 10, I'm put in a shitty line telling me it's likely I'll get tickets, waited 11 minutes, let into store part only to see they've already sold out.
    I took admittedly took my sweet-ass time and didn't try until just now. I guess I underestimated how much people care about FNM. Either that, or I overestimated how many tickets would be available...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I wish I could get into Faith no more but most of the albums just sound so dated to me. I like listening to live performances of the old songs but on the albums they just sound so old and Mike's voice is just so different I don't like to listen to them. I really like Album of the Year and Motherfucker though so I'm sure I'll like the new album.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airbornefeline View Post
    I wish I could get into Faith no more but most of the albums just sound so dated to me. I like listening to live performances of the old songs but on the albums they just sound so old and Mike's voice is just so different I don't like to listen to them. I really like Album of the Year and Motherfucker though so I'm sure I'll like the new album.
    i agree the that first couple albums sound pretty dated, but angel dust and album of the year? nah. i think they still hold up very well, especially with all of the experimentation present on both.
    and of course mike's voice sounds different, he's only gotten BETTER with age, as opposed to most vocalists, but he was still great back then!

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I heard the first 3 albums recently and what i noted is that the production is indeed a bit "dated" but it's also part of it's charm; the only thing i complain about it's the volume, most of the songs sound very "low", you really have to crank the volume to hear them "right" (at least on the CD editions..).

Oh and "Angel Dust" still sounds ahead of it's time...
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 01-29-2015 at 02:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Angel Dust is the album that really got me into Faith No More, it will always be my absolute favorite album.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I heard the first 3 albums recently and what i noted is that the production is indeed a bit "dated" but it's also part of it's charm; the only thing i complain about it's the volume, most of the songs sound very "low", you really have to crank the volume to hear them "right" (at least on the CD editions..).

Oh and "Angel Dust" still sounds ahead of it's time...
    that's a loudness wars thing. it's GOOD that you have to turn up your stereo, because it means there's actually dynamics in the music and it's not just ridiculously loud the whole time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't really have the money to get tickets anyway, but even if I did I probably would have missed out on the tickets for the Chicago show. Have to hope that they come back like they're saying they will and that it's not part of some festival.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    wow, that sale was brutal, i guess i won't see them then! Prices were pretty steep but still.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i agree the that first couple albums sound pretty dated, but angel dust and album of the year? nah. i think they still hold up very well, especially with all of the experimentation present on both.
    and of course mike's voice sounds different, he's only gotten BETTER with age, as opposed to most vocalists, but he was still great back then!
    Agreed. Angel Dust and everything after does not sound dated to me at all. Like for NIN anything before TDS sounds dated to me. Not bad but dated.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    No dice for me on Chicago tickets. Kind of expected it after the presale nonsense. Hopefully they come back around and play a place like The Vic or Riv...