Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The Menstruation Thread

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Also, WHY IS IT 2018 AND THERE IS NO WAY FOR HORMONE INTOLERANT PEOPLE TO GET RID OF THEIR PERIODS?

This is a travesty.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Good question: I keep asking why the only way we can test for breast cancer is by flattening our boobs in a copy machine but nobody has an answer. I asked my former GYN why we don’t have a tricorder machine like Dr Beverly Crusher on Star Trek where she scans you with a hand-held device and knows what’s wrong with you, but my Doc said hey, we still have MRIs that BANG BANG BANG so it’s not promising

My lifelong childhood friend had phlebitis in her teens so she could never be on any hormonal birth control, so she used a diaphram. She had two kids.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I thought the mammograms didn't happen until you're in your 40s unless you have other risk factors.

I had a pretty big lump removed from my boob when I was 19 or something. I honestly just assume that I am going to have breast cancer at some point.
    You get your first “baseline” mammogram when you’re 35, which establishes your “normal” and it stays in your records as a comparison in the future. Then you don’t start having regular annual mammograms until after you turn 40. The exception to that is if you have found an abnormal lump which turns out to be cancer before this schedule, then it’s changed.

Benign lumps don’t make you more susceptible to cancerous lumps, luckily.
    Last edited by allegro; 04-28-2018 at 10:54 PM.