Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Touch

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Touch

New scifi-ish drama starring Kiefter Sutherland. One hour pilot aired a few days ago and BLEW. ME. AWAY. Kiefer is Martin Bohm, a single father (wife died in 9/11) with a son who has never spoken a word...and who might be able to predict the future based on numerical patterns he notices in the world. Kind of hard to explain, but it touches upon The Butterfly Effect (the theory, not the shitty movie) and the writing and the way every single character in the pilot was interconnected was not only amazing, but if you think about it...near impossible in terms of writing. Already been picked up for 13 episodes, and will resume in March. If you saw it, discuss...if not, PLEASE download/torrent it and watch it immediately. If you're in to Fringe, Lost, etc. I think you'll be VERY VERY in to this. Cannot wait to watch the next one in March.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It was indeed very good. It held my attention from the first minute till the last (that's not something that's easy for me, believe me). The writing was ridiculously good, also the casting etc. I am very optimistic for this series and hell yes I eagerly await for March to roll out the next episodes.
    It was also very emotional but not in the corny Disney way, I got goosebumps at the end.
    Very good pilot indeed.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Watched the pilot last night. Not at all what I was expecting. I liked how everything came together. When it finished, I still felt like I might have overlooked some parts, even though I probably didn't miss anything.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just got around to watching this today, and LOVED it. Definitely will be tuning in in March. Good to see Keifer again, but it pained me that he couldn't take a punch to the stomach after knowing him as Jack Bauer for so long.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    LOL my fiancee said 'I find myself wanting him to yell TELL ME WHERE THE BOMB IS.' every few minutes.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    i was impressed as well. only things that irked me was the nonsensical idea of the Japanese girls starting a fanclub for some girl they watched on a cell phone video, the fact that that phone would have enough battery to stay on that long, and how the Arab kid apparently got his oven 5 minutes later, and with no repercussions from the terrorists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man, I downloaded and watched the first episode because of this thread and all I can say is I don't think we watched the shame show. What I watched was utter tripe, and pretty much laughable by the end. Just a cliche mess of a show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    ...but it pained me that he couldn't take a punch to the stomach after knowing him as Jack Bauer for so long.

I was saddened by this also.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is anyone still watching this? I have loved the last couple of episodes, last night's was also very enjoyable and a very intense ending!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I haven't seen anything else than the pilot... falling behind in all of my shows. I have them all queued up though. The pilot was amazing so I'll definitely catch up when I can.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I am. The wifey and I love it, the writing is really well done. It's fun trying to figure out how all the characters end up being connected before the show reveals it.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Kiefer said Dammit in the last episode i saw.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    And the guy with cancer was an advisor to the president or something in some of the seasons of 24, no?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think it will catch on eventually. I am a few episodes behind, but everything I've seen so far I've really enjoyed watching.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So there's supposed to be a new episode this week (Friday). In between episode I guess? Season doesn't begin until next month, I think.