Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: El-P

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Does anyone know if the expanded tracks for run the jewels will be available for purchase separately?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    most likely. as big dada's selling its catalogue online in various stores.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Run The Jewels 2 teaser:
    http://instagram.com/p/qw5FB1NrDy/

New tour dates!

7/31/14
    Salt Lake City
    Pioneer Park

8/2/14
    Chicago
    Double Door

8/3/14
    Chicago
    Lollapalooza

8/8/14
    San Francisco
    San Francisco’s Outside Lands 8/9/14
    Seattle
    The Showbox

8/11/14
    Victoria
    Sugar Nightclub

8/12/14
    Vancouver
    Fortune Sound Club

8/13/14
    Calgary
    The Republik

8/14/14
    Edmonton
    The Starlite Room

8/16/14
    Portland
    Tom McCall Waterfront Park

8/17/14
    Portland - (El-P solo show; also part of Music Fest NW)
    Doug Fir Lounge

8/22/14
    Englewood
    Mad Decent Block Party @ Fiddler’s Green Ampitheater

8/23/14
    Los Angeles
    FYF Festival

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    A little snippet from new RTJ called Blockbuster Night Part 1. So freakin good.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    A little snippet from new RTJ called Blockbuster Night Part 1. So freakin good.
    Nice! Digging this!

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    A Message From Run The Jewels

To Our Jewel Runners Worldwide,

Last year we gave you Run The Jewels and in exchange we asked for an email. Since then we haven’t been in touch unless you’ve seen us at a show, talked to us on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram, bumped in to us at a bar, sold us weed, etc etc. Truth be told our intention was to mercilessly sell your email information to literally anyone who would pay in a desperate attempt to raise enough money to buy 2 giant 36", 14 K yellow-gold dookie rope chains or 4 bit coins. While we still yearn for those, we (regrettably) forgot to do the whole “betraying your privacy” thing, mostly due to the amount of marijuana we smoke on a daily basis. In fact, we completely forgot we even had these emails until yesterday. Shit happens.

We are writing you today to thank you, and to tell you that you are the first people in the world we are inviting to check out our exclusive preorder packages for the new record we made called “RUN THE JEWELS 2” (or #RTJ2). First to the thank you part:

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING RUN THE JEWELS A SUCCESS. We are humbled that you have supported us and our music. All of you. Those who bought it, those who got it for free and came to a show… all of you. Truly. You turned a free record with little to no promotion in to something bigger than we ever expected. The shows have been amazing, the interactions with all of our supporters just as great. It's because of this that we can honestly promise to keep giving you that raw shit as long as we can. Thank you thank you thank you.

As you may know, #RTJ2 is dropping October 27th. We are very excited about this. Once again we are giving you this record FOR FREE. We want anyone who wants it to have it, especially those who don’t feel like they can afford to spend cash on that type of thing or maybe even aren’t sure we are worthy of it. Take it, test it out. Enjoy.

For those of you who DO want to pay for it we have many glorious options for you which we will list below. Many of these are limited and you are getting the first crack at copping them. We think you’ll be as pleased with what we are presenting as we are.

Again, thank you for everything. We can’t wait to give you this music and play it for you at our shows.

No bullshit,
    Jaime and Mike

Bonus Packages
    'I'm On The Fucking List, Asshole' Package: $7500

Run The Jewels will put you on the all access guest list plus 1 for any Run The Jewels show anywhere and up to 10 shows. You (and not your plus 1) will be welcome in our back stage before, during and after shows as well as be allowed to hang for soundcheck and load in if you find that sort of thing interesting, have full access to our backstage rider which includes a deli meant tray, various cheeses, a bottle of Henessey, grey goose and various energy bars. We will share our weed with you and let you yell at our tour manager. We will pretend to like you and will introduce you to our friends as our “friend”. Run The Jewels requires a half an hour before stage time to not have to deal with you and your fucking yammering in order to do our pre show stretches, vocal warm ups and crying.

RTJ2 4xLP
    RTJ2 T-shirt
    RTJ2 CD
    Signed Poster
    Stickers
    1 of every merch item we are selling on tour
    Tears
    Deli tray
    Yelling
    The Show and Tell Package: $25,000

Run The Jewels will fly to your town and accompany your child to show and tell at his or her school on an agreed upon date (and in the United States) where we will answer any questions the children have about marijuana, rap music and global politics. Run The Jewels will also read the story of your child's choice to the class as well as take a picture with your child and his or her classmates. We will also provide personal bully protection for 24 hours as well as write and record a song with your child. El-P will explain the true nature of the world and teach your child how to curse and smoke (if desired), killer mike will teach your child how to fight and organize local community action.

RTJ2 4xLP
    RTJ2 T-shirt
    RTJ2 CD
    Signed Poster
    Stickers
    Autographed class picture with run the jewels
    Hot wheels car
    Housesitters Deluxe*: $35,000

Run The Jewels will spend an agreed upon weekend at your house where we will smoke all of your weed, listen to your stupid fucking music, and let your mother cook for us.
    Also contains:
    RTJ2 Original Master Vinyl Acetate (4xLP Master and 4XLP Instrumentals)
    RTJ2 Test Press (only 20 in existence)
    Limited Edition 4xLP with Instrumentals
    Poster and Stickers
    CD
    Run The Jewels T-shirt.
    The Meow The Jewels Package*: $40,000

Run The Jewels will re-record RTJ2 using nothing but cat sounds for music. You are free to profit from this album in any way you see fit up to 100k in net global profit or 3 years (whichever comes first).
    Mystery Time Supreme! Package*: $50,000

Run The Jewels will start a private detective agency and make you an employee for a month where you and run the jewels will work together to unravel local mysteries but mostly just smoke weed in the back of your van. Run The Jewels will also show you the secret handshake as well as create a theme song for the company that you can name as long as its not a fucking stupid name. Also included:
    RTJ2 4xLP
    RTJ2 T-shirt
    RTJ2 CD
    Signed Poster
    Stickers
    One Rental Van (30 days)
    Walkie Talkies
    Marijuana
    The Jewels Candygram Package*: $55,000

Run The Jewels will show up at your door step dressed in clothing made of candy to rap both albums to you personally over the beats of your choice and wish you a happy birthday (or any other occasion). We will then spend the day playing contact ultimate frisbee with your family and friends, ending at dusk where we will build a small, possibly illegal bonfire and drink until one of us urinates where we are sitting.
    RTJ2 4xLP
    RTJ2 T-shirt
    RTJ2 CD
    Signed Poster
    Stickers
    Box of candy
    Paper towels
    Lasting traumatic memories
    The Fuck Boy Revenge Package*: $100,000

Run The Jewels will fly to your town, stalk and ultimately take revenge upon anyone in your life who has ever wronged you through a series of humiliating and vicious tactics designed to bring shame upon their name and the name of their children. We will then train your enemies pet to love you. This offer does not include murder. Also includes:

RTJ2 4xLP
    RTJ2 T-shirt
    RTJ2 CD
    Signed Poster
    Stickers

A polaroid photo of your mortal enemy cowering and begging for forgiveness
    1 clump of your enemies hair
    1 pet*
    *offer applies only where available
    The We Are Gordon Ramsey Package*: $150,000

Run The Jewels will self produce a new episode of Kitchen Nightmares with Gordon Ramsey, with Mike and El both playing Gordon Ramsey. We will travel to a restauraunt with you of your choice, completely uninvited, and attempt to force them to change their menu. All the while verbally abusing and insulting the entire staff to hilarious effect. Also includes:
    RTJ2 4xLP
    RTJ2 T-shirt
    RTJ2 CD
    Signed Poster
    Stickers

The We Are Gordon Ramsey Supreme Package*: $200,000

The We Are Gordon Ramsey Package with the addition of: Run The Jewels will film a follow up episode in which we will return to the resturaunt a year later and check on its progress.
    The Self Righteousness For Sale Package*: $350,000.00

Run The Jewels will spend 6 months pretending to care about whatever you care about. We will travel to no more than 3 events of your choosing and make eloquent, timely speeches on your causes behalf. We will shoot a heartfelt, informative video for your cause as well as co-author an info packet to be distributed on your causes behalf that includes an original song called “WE’VE GOT TO BRING _ _ _ _ _ _ _ TO AN END”. This offer does not extend to terrorists or cops.
    Run The Jewels Retirement Plan Package*: $10,000,000

Run The Jewels will retire from music, making only one song a year for you personally. Every song title will be your name with a number next to it. You are free to exploit these recordings however you feel like. Includes:
    All run the jewels publishing from any new song created during our retirement
    2 fake gold 36” chains
    2 green hands
    A sticker
    *run the jewels reserves the right to take your money and not fulfill any of its obligations as outlined in any package priced at 35k or more.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    There's already a Kickstarter campaign to raise the $40,000 for Meow The Jewels. El-P said if it gets the money he'll donate it to charity AND remake the album with cat noises.

If I had $1000 lying around, I'd get my cat in on the action. Who else in the world would be able to say their CAT was a guest artist on an El-P production.
    Last edited by botley; 09-17-2014 at 08:18 AM.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I want the show and tell package so that El P and Killer Mike can freak out my daughter at school.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    "Oh My Darling Don't Cry" is completely and utterly ridiculous. Easily one of my favourite things I've heard this year. If RTJ2 is like this front to back I don't think I could handle it.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Close Your Eyes (And Count to Fuck) featuring Zack de la Rocha.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    Close Your Eyes (And Count to Fuck) featuring Zack de la Rocha.
    Fuckin' shit. This is awesome. I was gonna wait and avoid any early listens, but now I HAVE to listen to the rest. Kinda bummed I missed out on the Super Vinyl package, but I'm holding out to see if any make it to the record store here in town.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I think I just might have to see them next month. If anyone in the LA area who wants to go to the Pomona show, hit me up.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Update: Meow the Jewels is happening!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

I'm so fucking excited for this.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    RTJ2 pre-sale downloads just got released!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    RTJ2 pre-sale downloads just got released!
    Oh shit Friday just got awesome

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    "You can all run naked backwards through a field of dicks"

He has reached perfection with that one.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    This album is hilariously awesome. I've had it on repeat all day. Every track is a killer.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    great album. the beats are amazing.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    This is gonna be on heavy repeat for the next coming week.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I need to listen to it more to let it sink in but, so far this album has surpassed my expectations and its been able to live up to the first album. I just wish there was more to listen to, I guess that is where meow the jewels will come in.

Any idea if there will be instrumentals this time around without buying the vinyls?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    I need to listen to it more to let it sink in but, so far this album has surpassed my expectations and its been able to live up to the first album. I just wish there was more to listen to, I guess that is where meow the jewels will come in.

Any idea if there will be instrumentals this time around without buying the vinyls?
    No idea, I thought they offered instrumentals on their WAV download page but it seems like this isn't the case. Maybe they will be eventually released in a European CD just like RTJ1's.

I may be biased, but RTJ2 is one of the best albums I've heard all year.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Ok. So RTJ2 is amazing but am I the only one here who is more excited for Meow the Jewels?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    "Lie, Cheat, Steal" on Conan:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    [begins hyperventilating]

RTJ and Massive Attack in the studio. Together.

Also, obligatory statement about Meow The Jewels being equally exciting.

Edit: Speaking of which! From RTJ's latest e-mail update -

MEOW THE JEWELS UPDATE

We just had the Meow The Jewels Lottery Draft where our producer friends (Just Blaze, Geoff Barrow, Prince Paul, Dan The Automater, Nick Hook, Zola Jesus, Skywalker, Gaslamp Killer, El-P, Massive Attack and more) battled it out for what song they had to remix with cat sounds. More updates coming really soon.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 03-12-2015 at 07:40 PM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    didn't see a Run the Jewels thread (sorry if I missed it) but saw that fiasco at SXSW where some guy ran the stage and tried to punch El-P? The news articles covering this are running with vague details. I was curious what happened.

The only video I saw has most of the fight happening off stage. Running on the stage in a hostile way at all is no longer anywhere near ok after Dimebag. These festival stages need to up their security...

the CoS article seems to imply the guy was trying to punch Killer Mike? It seems pretty clear that Killer Mike is trying to push the guy back while he goes after El-P? Maybe CoS doesn't know which one's El-P
    Last edited by Jinsai; 03-17-2015 at 12:29 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hey guys, I was there, watching in the food truck food court behind the Spotify House, which was far less exclusive and had a perfect view of the stage, haha.

So, the guy hopped on stage, went after El-P first, grabbing his shirt, and then Killer Mike tried to pull him off and then he came at Mike trying to take swing at him. Mike shoved him off stage, and according to a few people around me who jump up on the fence to look over, Mike's crew stomped the dude, whith one guy commenting, "holy shit, that's guy's head is leaking!"

The rapping only stopped for about 90 seconds and music for like 30 seconds before they recovered. Killer Mike was understandably furious and was yelling out, "your mama should be ashamed of you! fuck boy! fuck boy!" and then got the whole audience to chant "fuck boy" before labeling him a "bitch nigga." Then they continued the show. El-P apologized for brief interruption saying, "I have no idea what the hell that was," and Mike responded, "yeah we do, it was a fuck boy." El-P laughed and said "Oh, I guess we do." And then they launched into "Close Your Eyes" and it was awesome.

Mike at some point after that took some pills, joked that he wanted something stronger than ibuprofen and told everyone to pray that his shoulder didn't fuck up again and force him to pack it in early.

It was a weird incident, but the show was fantastic. And yes, with only a easily scalable fence, security wasn't exactly top notch.

Finally music outlets are reporting on it. I know looking at the comments section of any website is toxic, but geez, the comments on this story are just mean: http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archive...jewels_12.html
    Last edited by The Doctor; 03-17-2015 at 10:36 AM.