Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Oh well, least you tried!
    @Jinsai

Ashen Ones, the first DarkSouls3 DLC, Ashes of Ariandel, has been announced.
    Ashes of Ariandel will be out on October 25th and will feature a brand new region to explore, new bosses to rage about, new armor, weapons and magic to help you try to survive and new multiplayer features.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    LOOKS AWESOME

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I can't wait!

Some observations:
    It looks like we are going to explore New Londo from the looks of the trailer.

At the beginning of the trailer it looks like the Oolacile Township has been completely demolished (aesthetically it looks like Oolacile Township but it could be any place).

It looks like one of the areas is a mix between The Undead Burg, Sens fortress and the Painted World (where we fight The Iron Golem, the Gargoyles, and Priscilla mixed together).

The Dead woman with the broken sphere looks like Gwynevere, and the broken sphere might symbolize that the Dark Moon Covenant has been destroyed/corrupted.

The Boss towards the end of the trailer looks like an amalgamation between Kalameeet and The Gaping Dragon (from the bottom of the depths).

Also one of the other shots of broken cities looks like Earthen Peak; with a windmill on the broken tower (I highly doubt it since DS3 hardly ever referenced DS2).
    And one of the boss fights looks to be another Moonlight Butterfly or it could be a some regular enemies like the lesser Moonlight Butterflies from the Crystal Cave.
    Last edited by ziltoid; 01-23-2017 at 04:20 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Mmmmmmmmm oh yessssssssss.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Anyone play the ringed city? I just beat the first boss fight. After 5 tries alone I gave in and summoned one person and an NPC. The first fight was brutal and awesome. I can't wait to go at it again tomorrow.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Completed Dark Souls 3 last year and haven't ventured back into it with the DLC yet. I keep meaning too, but this years game's have just been so good so far, i just haven't had the time

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    How long did it take to beat your first dark souls game? I'm well over 100 hours but I'm trying to get all the trophies and treasure chest and I farm all the enemies till they're gone.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    How long did it take to beat your first dark souls game? I'm well over 100 hours but I'm trying to get all the trophies and treasure chest and I farm all the enemies till they're gone.
    If I remember correctly, you can't get all the trophies on your first play through... you need to go into NG+. That's the thing with these games, it can seem like you'd want to hold off to collect everything, but then you start going into NG+ cycles to clean up and get the spells you cannot get in one go-through. NG+ ramps the difficulty up significantly, but the difference between NG+ and NG++ is way less drastic... so if you can get through NG+, you can rampage through most of NG++.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I have Dark Souls 3 and have never made it past the first boss. I bought this game like a year or so ago lol. I really did try.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ton View Post
    I have Dark Souls 3 and have never made it past the first boss. I bought this game like a year or so ago lol. I really did try.
    Try again! Iudex Gundyr isn't all that difficult but he's a perfect simple example of the boss structures in this game series.

I bought the Season Pass finally on Xbox One's Thanksgiving/Black Friday sale for a whopping $10.00 so I finally got to download Ashes of Ariandel and The Ringed City.

I beat the entire Ashes of Ariandel Expansion today and was mildly impressed. Not a bad addition but nothing that wowed me. The frozen tundra and mountain like terrain was a cool departure. The Valorheart set from the Champion's Gravetender boss isn't bad at all!

I started The Ringed City and made it to the first bonfire.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Damnit! I wish my PC wasn't overheating otherwise i'd have picked up the DLC for DS3

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    How was the Ringed City? I finished the base game, but haven't done the DLCs.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    How was the Ringed City? I finished the base game, but haven't done the DLCs.
    Havent gotten that far yet. Let’s just the map and area is very vertical as in you’re constantly dropping in height via immense falls.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN!!

Bloodborne 2? An all new game??? Whatever it is, it's FromSoft so i know i'm already in!

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I'm excited for whatever the new mystery game is, but I'm even more excited to play through Dark Souls 1 again remastered.... now with fixed online co-op and 60FPS gameplay.

Nothing on the horizon of upcoming games is getting me as hyped as this.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm excited for whatever the new mystery game is, but I'm even more excited to play through Dark Souls 1 again remastered.... now with fixed online co-op and 60FPS gameplay.

Nothing on the horizon of upcoming games is getting me as hyped as this.
    Blight Town might be semi-playable. That was a nightmare.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Blight Town might be semi-playable. That was a nightmare.
    Blighttown in 60FPS! No frame-rate-excuses!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My favorite trilogy ever! Also Bloodbourne is amazing as well.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Should someone make a Sekiro thread ? Anyone extremely excited for this ? This will be my first time being a fan of video games when a“ soulsborne” game comes out. : )

There’s a lot of new information that has came out this week. I haven’t looked at the videos just listened to the audio. Lol . Won’t put any spoilers down but the new information sounds really good.
    Last edited by Rdm; 03-09-2019 at 09:19 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    Should someone make a Sekiro thread ? Anyone extremely excited for this ? This will be my first time being a fan of video games when a“ soulsborne” game comes out. : )

There’s a lot of new information that has came out this week. I haven’t looked at the videos just listened to the audio. Lol . Won’t put any spoilers down but the new information sounds really good.
    It has my interest and I definitely want to buy it but it’s coming out at a time that won’t be good for me. I’ll definitely buy it but not on launch. Just one more game to sink time into when I don’t have time enough already.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 03-09-2019 at 09:44 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Bought Dark Souls III: The Fire Fades Edition for my PS4 yesterday, since I had it on and beat it via Xbox One digitally, as playing Sekiro made me want to re-visit it. Now I own both Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin and Dark Souls III: The Fire Fades Edition in physical forms (I own 360 Dark Souls and Xbox One digital complete editions of the aforementioned). I don't have PSN but anyone that is bored or wants to help give me a shout, I'll activate a trial. I've been doing it solo (so unheard of right?) and just beat Vordt Of The Boreal Valley and the Lothric High Wall area.

Yes, I am one of those assholes who owns the same shit in multiple formats. I still wanna buy Dark Souls: Remastered soon though. Waiting for a sale.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I bought DS3 twice (one for PC then for PS4 with all the DLC) i regret NOTHING!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yea, I did the same thing.

I bought Fire Fades for my PC and played it for a while. Then I ended up jumping between Bloodborne, Dark Souls 1 and Demon's Souls for a variety of reasons (community events etc) and Farron Keep annoyed me enough I just didn't go back (I was just so over poison swamps at that point, a brand new one was argh).

When I finally buckled down with DS3, I bought it for PS4 because I just liked the feel of having so many Soulsborne on console.

I eventually went back to PC when I got a new gaming laptop that was a decent step up from my PC. Some of the scenery is orgasmic at times.

And I can probably tell this same story about a ton of games.

Just like how I started Tales of Berseria on PC, then bought it on PS4 and now I'm probably halfway through it on PS4. Inevitably I'll replay it on PC. I also have another copy of this game for PC from Humble Bundle...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I might play DS3 with DLC since I didn't finish the DLC sometime this summer...looks like there will be a lull in games then.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    DLC is well worth your time.

A lull in games you say?...i might finally be able to start clearing my back catalogue!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    DLC is well worth your time.

A lull in games you say?...i might finally be able to start clearing my back catalogue!
    Exactly...I need to play Metro Exodus first probably.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    No Gwynevere. What a shame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    No Gwynevere. What a shame.
    Pff, Dragon Rider for life.

Mentioned