Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Dark Souls 2 reveal.

TAKE MY MONEY DAMMIT

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    it looked nice, although, I was expecting a nex gen title so the visuals are slightly underwhelming... at times.

Also, whoever is playing in that is just kicking ass so it never REALLY felt like dark souls.... they had to cut to a death reel...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    it looked nice, although, I was expecting a nex gen title so the visuals are slightly underwhelming... at times.

Also, whoever is playing in that is just kicking ass so it never REALLY felt like dark souls.... they had to cut to a death reel...
    dude I was cringing while watching that guy play. He needs to learn how to Dark Souls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In the retail version of Dark Souls 2, which is due out on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in March 2014, that won't be the case. In the retail version, the Mirror Knight — the 20-foot humanoid tank with the plated armor and the magical lightning sword — will not eject an AI-controlled enemy from his oval mirror shield. He will eject a human-controlled character.
    full article

fucking CHRIST

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    gah.. I only just got to Sen's Fortress.. must.. hurry..

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Man, Sen's fortress is one of my favorite game areas ever.

It's so fucking daunting for the first 20 tries. But I swear if I went back right now I could take it pretty quick. The best example of the games learning curve.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Man, Sen's fortress is one of my favorite game areas ever.

It's so fucking daunting for the first 20 tries. But I swear if I went back right now I could take it pretty quick. The best example of the games learning curve.
    Ha! I thought blighttown was terrifying the first few times. But yeah, ds is all about learning the lay of the land and the patterns of enemies. The most dangerous and scary thing in dark souls is the unknown. Now I'm rolling around the swamp with glee (and a lot of purple moss)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    What made Blighttown so interesting for me is the sense of despair it instilled. The first time through, I went through The Depths and thought I'd reached the limit of my sanity. It's dark, there are terrible monsters lurking around every corner, and you're bound to get cursed. After finally defeating the Gaping Dragon, I opened the gate only to see that the tunnel went further down... and it was nothing but darkness. Going further down to see this depressing, decrepit underground city built on top of this poisonous swamp was just debilitating. At the time I didn't know about the back entrance, so I thought if I wanted to leave, I would've had to go all the way back through the maze of The Depths.

Many hours later, finally beating the boss and getting out of Blighttown and going back to Firelink to see the fucking sun again for the first time in a dozen hours gave me the most surreal sense of accomplishment I've ever had in a game.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Thats a great summary. I think why so many people are nervous about the sequel is because that shit is lightning ina bottle. To get it exactly right again would he almost surprising, especially after the game was kind of a surprise smash hit. Its also hard to capture that feeling in a preview video. You have to experience it yourself.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Thats a great summary. I think why so many people are nervous about the sequel is because that shit is lightning ina bottle. To get it exactly right again would he almost surprising, especially after the game was kind of a surprise smash hit. Its also hard to capture that feeling in a preview video. You have to experience it yourself.
    I have a bit of faith. Demon's Souls was incredible, and really laid the foundations, whereas Dark Souls took it to the next level (to the point that going back to Demon Souls is quite a step back). If they can manage a jump like that again it will be something else. Curious as to the 'summon up to 4 players' and the more traditional co-op hinted.. does that mean I could get invaded by up to 4 people too? I spend a lot of time hollow to avoid invasions in new areas, but do find solace in summoning help with the bosses.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I played Dark Souls first then Demons' Souls. It took me awhile to get into it, but once I did it was incredibly satisfying and addicting. Probably two of my favorite games this "generation".

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    So I've managed to defeat the first demon in Demon's Souls and am now getting endlessly killed in the mines - once you have lost all your crescent moon grass etc do you just have to go back and build up your stock from the first level?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    So I've managed to defeat the first demon in Demon's Souls and am now getting endlessly killed in the mines - once you have lost all your crescent moon grass etc do you just have to go back and build up your stock from the first level?
    I'd recommend going through 1-2 before going into the mines. Work across the bridges a few times and you can pick up a lot of grass.

also save/buy lots of arrows to take out the red dragon. There are lots of vids on YouTube.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Cool thanks, I'll try that, didn't realise you could go straight back in to the same place

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Cool thanks, I'll try that, didn't realise you could go straight back in to the same place
    Yeah each boss you beat leaves a check point ( apart from the final ones, I think).
    the eu special edition that came out had a guide written by some of the guys who did one of the main wikis. Check those out, I think both demon souls and dark souls are rare games where the wiki and community guides really add something. There are good progression guides too, whee to go and when.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Im also playing Demons Souls right now. Already, I think Dark Souls is the superior game but ill give it time. Dark Souls is just so much more streamlined and so perfectly foreboding.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    ok... this is weird. I'm at the end of Dark Souls, and I'm waiting to finally go into the last bit (behind the lordvessel or whatever), but I decided to buy the 15 dollar DLC first, and play through that before I go into new game plus.

WHAT THE FUCK. I'm not bad at google, I know how it works. I'm also not bad at video games, or even hard ones, because apparently I've made it to the end of this game, and everyone is saying "oh dear, it's so hard." I got the platinum trophy in Demons Souls. Give me a fucking break here.

SO WHERE THE FUCK IS THE DLC? I cannot figure out how to access ANY of it. Can someone, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEEEEEEEASE point me in the right direction here? I'm reaching rage levels I've never experienced before related to a piece of entertainment, and it has nothing to do with this game being too tough for me or some shit. I just want to know how I'm supposed to play the rather expensive expansion pack I just bought. It's one thing to throw you into a game and have the point be (more or less) "wander around, die a lot, figure things out, and explore." It's another thing altogether to charge me fifteen fucking dollars and then have the point be (more or less) "wander around, play the same game you've been playing, and maybe at some point you'll find out what you paid extra money for."

I cannot believe that I can't even figure this out with the assistance of internet searching! This is my saddest gaming moment, and if I don't figure this out, fuck buying part 2. I've never actually stolen a video game before, but I will figure out how to do it if I don't get something for my money here. Fuck you namco/bandai and fuck you From Software. This is the WRONG way to do DLC.

I'm sorry for the rant, but this is actually making me angry. At least if this was Demon's Souls, it would be obvious: it would activate the fucking broken world area in the main hub, like they were originally planning to do all along. AAAAAAAAARRGG. Back to googling
    Last edited by Jinsai; 07-13-2013 at 02:51 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    does this help?

I just got to Anor Londo.. Sen's fortress wasn't as hard as I was expecting.. though I did use a guide.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    ok... this is weird. I'm at the end of Dark Souls, and I'm waiting to finally go into the last bit (behind the lordvessel or whatever), but I decided to buy the 15 dollar DLC first, and play through that before I go into new game plus.

WHAT THE FUCK. I'm not bad at google, I know how it works. I'm also not bad at video games, or even hard ones, because apparently I've made it to the end of this game, and everyone is saying "oh dear, it's so hard." I got the platinum trophy in Demons Souls. Give me a fucking break here.

SO WHERE THE FUCK IS THE DLC? I cannot figure out how to access ANY of it. Can someone, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEEEEEEEASE point me in the right direction here? I'm reaching rage levels I've never experienced before related to a piece of entertainment, and it has nothing to do with this game being too tough for me or some shit. I just want to know how I'm supposed to play the rather expensive expansion pack I just bought. It's one thing to throw you into a game and have the point be (more or less) "wander around, die a lot, figure things out, and explore." It's another thing altogether to charge me fifteen fucking dollars and then have the point be (more or less) "wander around, play the same game you've been playing, and maybe at some point you'll find out what you paid extra money for."

I cannot believe that I can't even figure this out with the assistance of internet searching! This is my saddest gaming moment, and if I don't figure this out, fuck buying part 2. I've never actually stolen a video game before, but I will figure out how to do it if I don't get something for my money here. Fuck you namco/bandai and fuck you From Software. This is the WRONG way to do DLC.

I'm sorry for the rant, but this is actually making me angry. At least if this was Demon's Souls, it would be obvious: it would activate the fucking broken world area in the main hub, like they were originally planning to do all along. AAAAAAAAARRGG. Back to googling

Help?

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

Help?

So, it isn't just me. THIS IS INSANE

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So, it isn't just me. THIS IS INSANE
    Lot of pre-requisite bullshit to even play it. Crazy to figure out even how.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is the single greatest Ps3 game. One of my all time favorites. You can nit pick the story all you want because the mechanics and absolutely insane level design more than make up for it. I have been playing this game on and off since it came out. The pvp is still interesting to pick up and play after all this time.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I've grown to love this game (and Demon's Souls), and they certainly rank on my favorite games from this generation. After getting all the trophies for Dark Souls, I decided to boot up Demon's Souls again and see how it ranks up, and while there's a lot of charm there, Dark Souls is an improvement in almost every way.

But it IS easier (sorry to people inferring otherwise) and far less frustrating... for varying reasons that I'd say are both good and bad. It's a great thing they did away with the world/character tendency bullshit, the areas are generally much better designed, the sense of wonder and mystery is just way more genuine... I like the guild covenants, but they need to be condensed a bit and a bit more focused. There's less cheap superlong extended sections that are a shot in the dark until you finally learn what to do.

And THANK YOU for getting rid of most of those awful "drop into the dark pit and hope you land in the right place despite awful platforming detection" segments.

but the PvP is broken. Backstabbing lag attack bullshit NEEDS to be taken into consideration, especially in a game that ENCOURAGES gamers to grief-kill other players. In fact, maybe offer people the option to NOT be invaded by some cheap bastard who is just going to bum rush you and stab you in the back over and over again (or spell spam you).

I have some ideas of how they could improve it past that... but otherwise, I'll still be happy with more of the same, and Dark Souls 2 is still the game I'm looking forward to the most. And I'd like the option to play with my friends... though I know they're not about to allow that.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Dark Souls II Collector's Edition revealed

ummmm... I'm a pretty big fan here, but I'm not going to throw down 120 dollars. Besides, the only thing I really want here is the steel case and the cloth map. I'll be able to download the soundtrack if I want it, a more detailed map w/ pertinent waypoints and information will probably come out online (or be included in a massive strategy guide) and I really don't care about having a 12" figurine.

I'm still more excited for this game than I am for the prospect of getting a next gen system.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    the open beta for Dark Souls 2, which launches this saturday (I think?) can now be downloaded on PSN to the first 30,000 people

grab it while you can

38QQ-8DNE-97AA

...even if the network test will only last for 3 hours or so, and will probably crash constantly as this is really nothing more than a stress test. I'm still all about it.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    the open beta for Dark Souls 2, which launches this saturday (I think?) can now be downloaded on PSN to the first 30,000 people

grab it while you can

38QQ-8DNE-97AA

...even if the network test will only last for 3 hours or so, and will probably crash constantly as this is really nothing more than a stress test. I'm still all about it.
    Thank you so much I redeemed it through this website https://store.playstation.com/accoun...e/cam_index.vm instead of the dreaded psn store.

To redeem click the link then go to account management after logging in and select Redeem Playstation networkcard or promocode and typed in the code.

I missed out the first round and thanks to you I'm in this round.

I love the souls series and Darksouls is the only game I got the platinum trophy for. Well worth it in my opinion.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Fuck me the code only worked for the first 90,000 people as a first come first serve basis. No luck with the code. If you got in Jinsai I wish you the best.
    I guess I'll just settle with Enb Videos on youtube for now and hopefully a twitch stream like the last time.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    Fuck me the code only worked for the first 90,000 people as a first come first serve basis. No luck with the code. If you got in Jinsai I wish you the best.
    I guess I'll just settle with Enb Videos on youtube for now and hopefully a twitch stream like the last time.
    you registered it remotely outside of the PSN... have you double checked your "history" (on PSN, in the PS3 storefront) to see if the file is there to download?

The file won't "work" until Saturday at 11pm Pacific time, but did you get the download?

If you redeemed it, you should be able to access the downloadable file
    Last edited by Jinsai; 10-24-2013 at 11:57 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    No it says network card code has been used. I tried it multiple times over the past days so I know its been used by the allotted 90,00 people.
    Its too late for me to do anything now. I guess I'll just wait for march when the game is out which isn't too much to wait.

For now this will do:
    and this : http://www.youtube.com/user/epicnamebro