Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Simpsons

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    To be fair, the show has been ass for a decade, imho...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I found the latest episode to be strangely moving.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Simpsons stopped being top-notch quality around 2004. Downhill ever since.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Eh, it has it's ups and downs. You get some shit episodes, you get some decent ones. I can't imagine sunday night dinner hour without a new episode of the Simpsons. It's become somewhat of a tradition in our household.

Funny thing is, I only started to rewatch the show in 2010 again. I stopped around 2002-2003 because I was going though a "TV is shit" phase. I'm still in that phase, LOL. We refuse to have cable in our house. Part of it may be because it is familuar territory and I have been out of the "TV loop" for damn near a decade that the Simpsons is a safe haven for me, I know it well and I trust it. I don't have time to invest in every other "amazing" tv show under the sun these days. I go to work and come home and barely have enough time to make dinner let alone sit in front of a TV screen for a few hours a day. To me, my poison is the Internet, This thing just grabs ahold of my life and sucks it dry. But I always said, If ya have the 'net, you don't need TV. Plus the 'net is so much better than TV.

Sorry, for going off on that tangent, lol... to get back on topic...
    After meeting my girlfriend in 2010, I started watching again because she is the biggest Simpsons fanetic I have ever met, totally obsessed. So I got back into the show. While they are nowhere near as good as they used to be, they're still fun.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Seriously, are we still videotaping our TVs in the age of readily available video capture/editing software?
    Someone at Fox watches YouTube like an actual fox for stuff that's put up like that. I imagine clips like those are harder for them to get off.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    To add to the above: Yeah, it's a much much simplier process of uploading a video.

I (used to) do video game reviews on youtube, and I have all the equipment readily available to do a direct picture perfect capture of what is being shown on the TV, but it's a long, drawn out and painful process involved. Well, the way I did it anyway with games, maybe there isa simplier way of doing it with capturing an internet feed, but for the purpose of the conversation I would like to discuss the process I have done in the past.

-Set up DVD recorder
    -pop in blank DVD
    -play your game, press record
    - when finished, wait for the DVD to render into a DVD playback (done directly in the DVD recorder. takes up to 10-15 minutes)
    -take your newly rendered DVD to the computer and RIP the files (takes 2-6 hours depending how long it is and how fast your machine is)
    -Once the files have been ripped to the net you then have to edit them (if you are removing content such as commercials from a TV show)
    -Wait for the edited version to render (another 45 minutes to an hour).
    -FINALLY upload to youtube (once again, depending on your connection speed, the size of the video etc 1-3 hours, maybe longer)

So, in total, this process can take a whole day.

Point and shoot a camcorder at a TV screen and upload the video, do a little editing, upload... maybe 1-3 hours total work.
    Yes, it's the lazy way out, but if you just don't feel like investing the time into making someting perfect, it's an easy way out.

As time went on, and I decided it was too much work to deal with the professional looking recorded game screen captures, I moved onto my "lazy" alternative of set up a camcorder at a screen and point and shoot.

Then I realized I was somewhat of a perfectionist and the camcorder shots didn't do the videos as much justice as I would have wanted so my laziness became my downfall of my "video game" channel. Thus, I do not review games anymore for the sheer fact that I became lazy with my screen recording proceedure.

So, it's a price you pay for perfection.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    At the very least, though, people could set their camera/phone camera up on a tripod or maybe propped up with some books (poeple remember books, right?) so that the shot is steady and you don't hear their hands scraping the mic, yeah?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Last edited by Space Suicide; 11-17-2012 at 01:53 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I will find that ass, and I will marry it. Yes I will.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Last year at Christmas in Season 23 an episode called Holidays of Future Passed aired, and it was seriously one of the best Simpsons episodes i have ever seen.
    Best Simpsons episode i have seen since about 1996. It was one of the episodes set in the future. It made me think maybe the Simspons should change the setup , and just make episodes where Bart and Lisa and Maggie are adults.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Prepare for an assault on all your feels:

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    No way man! We're gonna keep on rockin' Forever! Forever! Forever!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    "I was 'stafarian since before you were born!"

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    ^that Hitchcock cameo is priceless

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Oh yeah, since nobody but me on here talks about current episodes, I just want to throw out there that (in my opinion of course), last week's episode was amazing! It was the most fun I had with a new simpsons episode this season yet, and the best since last year's Chrismas special.

It was the one where the hipster family moved next to the Simpsons from Portland. I think I enjoyed this episode so much because I live on the west coast (close to Portland and Seattle) and I got all the jokes and refrences they were trying to pull off and it was just that much more hilarious to actually releate to some of the jokes for once. Especially when the cloudy/rainy weather rolled in as well and Marge was like "they even brought this awful rainy weather" with them, hahahahah!

Tonight's episode has alot to followup on, but I'm not holding my breath for anything better than last weeks. I know the Simpsons formula now, for every shitty 5-10 episodes you get a really great one. So for every 22-23 episode, there might be 3-4 good episodes.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 12-17-2012 at 01:33 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quite possibly my favorite moment ever, of all time!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Didn't that movie used to have a war in it?

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    ^Hahahaha, one of the best characters, he's so unfortunate it's hilarious!

...speaking of "unfortunate"

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    That's basically how M. Night Shyamalan ended Unbreakable

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

F YEAH!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    'How bout' a crazy wedding... where something happens & Doo-Doo-Doo-Doo Doo-Doo'

The clip shows are the best.

'Have no fears - we've got stories for years!'

Yeah... but still funny.
    Last edited by Stereo75; 03-08-2013 at 01:07 AM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    ^Hahaha, good one Space!

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I'm also aware that current episodes aren't really being discussed in this thread, but just hearing about Richard Dawkins appearing on The Simpsons - Black-Eyed, Please sparked my curiosity. And even though his role was incredibly short, it really was something to see Ned Flanders in Hell. That is, aside from the time they had a Ned Flanders devil in Treehouse of Horror IV. I'll also have to admit that even if I haven't been watching The Simpsons consistently in quite a very long time, the first 5 to 10 years of episodes will always have a special place in my heart. I should make a mental note to eventually get those seasons on DVD.

And to add to the classic references. (And come to think of it, yes, Treehouse of Horror IV is one of my favorite episodes.)

And this is just another of one of my many favorite Homer Simpson moments and quotes from The Canine Mutiny.

Oh, and this part of Marge vs. the Monorail had me dying of laughter.

Last edited by Halo Infinity; 03-12-2013 at 04:26 PM.