Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48
Results 1,411 to 1,435 of 1435

Thread: Random Movie/TV News version 2.awesome

  1. #1411
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,090
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)


    NNNNoooooOOOOOOooooooo

  2. #1412
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,006
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    WHAT??

    Oh, wait, of course, it's Fox.

  3. #1413
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,090
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    WHAT??

    Oh, wait, of course, it's Fox.
    welcome to the bad place, i guess.


  4. #1414
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,090
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)


    my friend alex and i just showed my wife predator & predator 2 (with predators in between as i had never seen it) and we were all excited that there's a new one coming out directed by shane black (who played hawkins in the original), but this trailer does not have me feeling much of anything except bored. hopefully it's just a poorly thrown together trailer and the movie is better, but jeez.

  5. #1415
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,858
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post


    NNNNoooooOOOOOOooooooo
    I'm REALLY upset about this

  6. #1416
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    5,864
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Hey at least FOX is bringing back that shitty Trump pandering Tim Allen show though, amirite?!

  7. #1417
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,202
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Fox also cancelled Lucifer and The Exorcist. This is not random or based on viewership. This is by design.

  8. #1418
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, GA
    Posts
    6,303
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    FOX.... what a shitty channel. They went from showing groundbreaking shows like Married... with Children, In Living Color, Cops, Martin, The X-Files, and Firefly and now resort to shit to pander to the lowest common denominator. John Leguizamo was right. They should've called it.... FUX.

  9. #1419
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,678
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    A few shows i was watching got axed this year, Ash vs. Evil Dead, The Expanse and Designated Survivor.

    Boooooo.

  10. #1420
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, GA
    Posts
    6,303
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    ABC is also cancelling a bunch of shows as one of them is... unsurprisingly Inhumans: https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/inhumans-canceled-abc-deception-the-crossing-kevin-probably-saves-the-world-1202802149/



    This just in: NBC has picked up Brooklyn Nine-Nine: https://news.avclub.com/nbc-saves-br...ine-1825975174
    Last edited by thevoid99; 05-12-2018 at 12:12 AM. Reason: to avoid double-posting

  11. #1421
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,006
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Did Fox give a reason for these cancellations? B99 was such a particularly strange one because it's a live-action comedy that people actually talk about, with a lot of celebrity fans. I wonder if it was a political thing, with B99 being a mildly left-wing show. Other parts of Fox are so well-known for being grossly right-wing that I wonder if they're doubling down on that across the network.

  12. #1422
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,090
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    This just in: NBC has picked up Brooklyn Nine-Nine: https://news.avclub.com/nbc-saves-br...ine-1825975174
    was just coming here to post this! SO RELIEVED!

  13. #1423
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    5,864
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    It definitely is a weird time in TV. Networks are so starved to be viewed positively on social media that they’ll pick up a show that will undoubtedly lose them money. I’m not bagging on the show, but there’s one solitary reason FOX let it go. Ratings were steadily going to the basement and there’s nothing to say it won’t continue that way. I’d be amazed if it went to another season next year.

  14. #1424
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    2,547
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Good. I heard he was a real asshole to everyone on set.
    They recast the role with Sean William Scott. I like him but not sure he's right for this role.

  15. #1425
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,090
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    It definitely is a weird time in TV. Networks are so starved to be viewed positively on social media that they’ll pick up a show that will undoubtedly lose them money. I’m not bagging on the show, but there’s one solitary reason FOX let it go. Ratings were steadily going to the basement and there’s nothing to say it won’t continue that way. I’d be amazed if it went to another season next year.
    but you also have to take into account that the nielsen rating system is vastly outdated. most people our age don't actually watch tv shows as they're on tv. they stream them on hulu or watch them on demand or even DVR them to watch later, and nielsen doesn't take any of that into account (as far as i know?), not to mention that i highly doubt they have a properly accurate representation of demographics.

    idunno, i think ratings metrics are a lot less reliable than social media buzz these days, especially in the 18-34 range.

  16. #1426
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, GA
    Posts
    6,303
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    They recast the role with Sean William Scott. I like him but not sure he's right for this role.
    I'm sure he can do a better job. The guy is a much better actor than people give him credit for as he was one of the few things in Southland Tales that I liked as he was also great in The Goon.

  17. #1427
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    862
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Did Fox give a reason for these cancellations? B99 was such a particularly strange one because it's a live-action comedy that people actually talk about, with a lot of celebrity fans. I wonder if it was a political thing, with B99 being a mildly left-wing show. Other parts of Fox are so well-known for being grossly right-wing that I wonder if they're doubling down on that across the network.
    Presumably...


  18. #1428
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas Panhandle
    Posts
    5,082
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Damnit. The crossing is cancelled too. I swear to god I KNEW I shouldn't have got into it. This happens every time with shows like this: the event, the whispering, etc. Like every fucking year.
    At least Colony is still on, amazingly.

  19. #1429
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, GA
    Posts
    6,303
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Well.... already in its first screening at Cannes. There were a shitload of walkouts over this film but goddamnit. It's not Cannes if there's no walkouts. Lars von Trier has returned and he's meaner than ever. I will totally see this:


  20. #1430
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    5,864
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

  21. #1431
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    5,864
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Holy fuckin' shit!

    This new clip....holy fuckin' shit...again!

  22. #1432
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    372
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Those Walmart Deadpool photo-bomb blu-rays are hilarious. I managed to grab the Terminator and Fight Club ones.

  23. #1433
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    372
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Wow thanks for the heads-up on this one! Looks excellent!

  24. #1434
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    862
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)


    How strange is that art style. Especially after the last Thundercats revival - that looked really good, too - failed. Maybe it's a sign of the times.

  25. #1435
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    372
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post


    How strange is that art style. Especially after the last Thundercats revival - that looked really good, too - failed. Maybe it's a sign of the times.
    Reminds me of those Kid Teen Titan shows. Not my thing, but, apparently the guy tweeting likes it so there's that.

Posting Permissions