Page 44 of 74 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 2211

Thread: Random Movie/TV News version 2.awesome

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

It's not a reboot or a remake, it's a sequel. Kiefer Sutherland is in it, reprising his role from the first one.

I love Ellen Page but this... I'm not feeling it. The meh is strong with this one.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post

It's not a reboot or a remake, it's a sequel. Kiefer Sutherland is in it, reprising his role from the first one.

I love Ellen Page but this... I'm not feeling it. The meh is strong with this one.
    I'm with you on this. I too love Ellen Page as she's part of my Bullet Club but I'm not going to see this. Did hearing Jane's Addiction though.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Yeah that looks like some Final Destination piece of crap..

Didn't even see Kiefer in the trailer, is he the film's Luke Skywalker or something?

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post

The OG is one of my favorites.
    i'm not really feeling it either but perhaps it will be reasonable.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Yeah that looks like some Final Destination piece of crap..

Didn't even see Kiefer in the trailer, is he the film's Luke Skywalker or something?
    Maybe. I think he's the enticement that's supposed to bring us in theaters to see this.

Here's how I think it's going to go down: in the third part of the movie: Nelson is going to learn about the experiments of those poor, naive students and he's going to come in all like "Are you out of your freaking little minds? First, I was doing that stuff 30 years ago without all the fancy equipment. Second, it was the worst idea ever because we were haunted by wrongs from our past that we had to right somehow. And third: it's déjà-vu all over again. Fuck that shit".
    @elevenism The original one is one of my favorite movies too. That cast was awesome: Kiefer, Kevin, Oliver, Baby Julia and the less talented Baldwin.

And that fantastic Dave Stewart song! Here it is, in all its VHS end of the 80s glory:

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    "Nothing can stop me now because I don't care anymore"

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

"...again"

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I need for this to be released now!
    The wait is killing me.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    That part with the cars racing looks amazing. Like Speed Racer but darker.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I actually got into Ice Age. I'm a bit surprised that it lasted this long though. It's actually okay for the most part overall. On the other hand, I kind of see why there are also lots of people that weren't into it, or hated it, especially by the time Continental Drift and Collision Course came out. It also helped me see why even a lot of the hugest Ice Age fans just stopped after Dawn of the Dinosaurs, while mostly preferring the original and The Meltdown.

I also stumbled upon Home Alone and re-watched it along with Home Alone 2 to also see the jokes and references that flew over my head as a child, plus nostalgic goodness.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    I actually got into Ice Age. I'm a bit surprised that it lasted this long though. It's actually okay for the most part overall. On the other hand, I kind of see why there are also lots of people that weren't into it, or hated it, especially by the time Continental Drift and Collision Course came out. It also helped me see why even a lot of the hugest Ice Age fans just stopped after Dawn of the Dinosaurs, while mostly preferring the original and The Meltdown.

I also stumbled upon Home Alone and re-watched it along with Home Alone 2 to also see the jokes and references that flew over my head as a child, plus nostalgic goodness.
    the first Ice Age film is sweet and fun, but i didn't enjoy the second one, and assumed the other sequels were terrible.

home alone 1 & 2 are x-mas time tradition for me and my wife. two years ago for her b-day (which is four days before x-mas) i gave her a blu-ray set with both movies and a replica of kevin's puffball beanie.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Whoops. I got this mixed up with the What are you watching? thread.

Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    home alone 1 & 2 are x-mas time tradition for me and my wife. two years ago for her b-day (which is four days before x-mas) i gave her a blu-ray set with both movies and a replica of kevin's puffball beanie.
    I just thought of doing that as well. Thanks for letting me know, as I'll also look into that.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Macauley Culkin is alive and well. He's at a more healthy weight. He was too skinny before.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @Boots oh my god the pen in his pocket

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Did anyone watch the new Dirk Gently. Really surprised me and it ended up being one of my favourite series last year. Hoping season 2 is as good.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Netflix co-founder brings us MoviePass, a monthly subscription service that allows a person to see one movie per day for only $10 per month. When you sign up, they give you your own MoviePass debit card. You can only browse showings the day of. Enter your zip and see what movies are playing at theaters by you. Find something you like, head to the theater and open the MoviePass app connected to your account (you have to be within a certain distance of theater to pick your movie ticket). Select the movie you want and the app will have the amount for the ticket transferred to your debit card so you can use the card to purchase the ticket at the theater. No IMAX or 3D and no preorders and only 1 person/ticket limited to 1 movie per day. If your boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife/plaything wants a ticket, they need to have their own account.

http://www.businessinsider.com/moviepass-faq-2017-8

Official site:
    http://www.moviepass.com
    Last edited by neorev; 08-17-2017 at 09:46 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    No IMAX, 3D, or preorders....soooo, basically if you wanna catch that mid-tier rom-com three weeks after it's out!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well I rarely watch IMAX and don't like 3D and never real had to preorder tickets to see a movie. I can wait for during the week instead of opening day to see a movie. So this works for me. It's $10 per month to see as many movies as you want! That's less than a single ticket. Yeah, I guess if you're a movie nut that needs to be the very first to buy a ticket and see a movie, yeah, it's not for you. But for the rest of us folks who are like "Hey I didn't see Dunkirk yet, I'll just use my MoviePass." I'll take $10 for as many movies I want over $12-15 for a single ticket. I don't need to see the movie opening day or weekend. If I am that die hard to see something, I'll just pay for it and still keep my MoviePass. You'd be lucky to see a single movie for under $10. Yeah, maybe at 6-8am with the old people or at some shotty theater. But $10 per month is a bargain and will get people out to theaters to see movies they normally would have waited to watch at home. This would only mean more $$$ in concessions for theaters. And we all know that theaters aren't doing too well with less people going to the movies.
    Last edited by neorev; 08-18-2017 at 11:23 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Stand By Me but not The Goonies?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    This has never been so accurate. Talk about great timing!

Now I have to watch All the President's Men again.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    ^ That's a really long and clunky title though. Hopefully they shorten it closer to release.

Last edited by onthewall2983; 08-30-2017 at 10:22 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    That's a really long and clunky title though. Hopefully they shorten it closer to release.

I prefer the title the way it is. After all, it's Lynne Ramsay. She's pretty much one of the best filmmakers working today.