Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: The X-Files

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    absolutely, i loved that one as well, classic x-files vibe and good crazy storyline, all around well done except maybe for the mulder and scully being too close but that's nitpicking here.
    That's exactly how I feel. But then again, I'm in the camp saying that Mulder and Scully should not have hooked up in the first place.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i'm damned excited to hear that you guys liked it. i forgot all about it and we're about to give it a look-see
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-20-2018 at 05:34 AM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So I caught a funny little mistake in the episode. they call one of the characters a "trustee," and then it shows him dressed like a jailer/sheriff's deputy at work and living in a house in the free world.
    For the record, jail trustees make food and mop the floors and do the laundry and are still inmates in inmate clothes. They get a few extra privileges like extra food and sometimes time off their sentences, but they damn sure still live in the jail and they damn sure aren't dressed as jailers.
    They make it so jails don't have to hire minimum wage staff, and also give the inmates an incentive to stay out of trouble.
    I know it's not a big deal, but I love catching little errors like this.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-20-2018 at 06:32 AM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    So....i watching the x flies for the first time starting from the start. At the time of writing this, im on Paper Clip. It's interesting so far

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Probably one of the most ridiculous episodes I've seen since Jose Chung's From Outer Space. It's clearly an homage to that.

Great episode!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Probably one of the most ridiculous episodes I've seen since Jose Chung's From Outer Space. It's clearly an homage to that.

Great episode!
    Yes! another good one for season 11, very entertaining and it could possibly have turned into the series finale if made more seriously.
    I think this season is already way better than 10 after only 4 episodes, let's hope it continues this way.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The last two episodes have been pretty close to perfect for me, given what you could expect from a renewal like this. On par with the Were-monster episode from 10.

I wasn't crazy about the first two episodes, they felt like a borderline parody of itself, and not in the good way (like this last episode was). But it's certainly promising as the episodes have been getting progressively better, week to week.

The direct references to the current state of affairs is a little jarring as they've stayed away from that in the past for the most part, but I understand the sense of responsibility to incorporate it.

Feel a lot more engaged in the show again now than I did weeks ago, that's for sure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Great episode!
    That's actually the episode that got me hooked on the show all those years ago. This one was great, shout out to Darin Morgan.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Yeah, the fourth one was my favorite so far this season.
    And the Richard Nixon posted that said "They Can't Lick Our Dick" was a hoot.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Great episode!
    IMO From Outer Space is the best episode of the entire series, definitely my favorite.

The Dreamland and Max episodes are up there too, along with the Were-Monster episode from last season.

X Files is at its best when it doesnt take itself too serious.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So ok. After watching episode 5, I have a question: can someone explain to me what in the fuck is going on?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Ok, I'm 20 years behind the ball...

Did Cigerette Man really kill JFK?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Ok, I'm 20 years behind the ball...

Did Cigerette Man really kill JFK?
    And MLK, yes I like to think so.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    not a bad episode, not super satisfying either but it deals with william so it's expected i guess, they are not gonna make it all nice and easy to follow.
    It was interesting to finally meet him i guess since he is supposed to be so important to everyone.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So I'm in the UK and that means Episode I has just aired this week. Being behind like this does mean I've seen some of the negative criticism already, but accordingly my expectations have been lowered.

Actually I have to say I did enjoy it. I forgot how much I love those guys, and it's just nice seeing them running around and (hopefully) having fun while they make it. I did get a bit muddled as I have to admit I remember very little from the previous series, and it wasn't the best episode was it? There was too much to be squeezed into 40 minutes so it felt clumsy and uneven, and perhaps a sharper script might have helped things along, but whatever - it was enjoyable enough. I also couldn't help noting how Gillian stands out as a much better actor than a lot of the people around her.

Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    So I caught a funny little mistake in the episode.
    And yes! Seeing this reminded me of a very clear error in the scene where Skinner meets Cigarette Smoking Man in the car. From one angle Skinner has his finger on the trigger, but when CSM is in shot he grips the handle with all fingers and it looks a bit odd.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    uh?
    https://www.amazon.com/Every-Third-T...David+Duchovny

i had no idea mister D was into music too... and he has 2 records out it seems.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    So, anybody enjoyed episode 6? I sure did!
    That spooky kid quite changed since his big screen debut.

this season keeps delivering, it's shaping up to be the best one post mulder abduction.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    So, anybody enjoyed episode 6? I sure did!
    That spooky kid quite changed since his big screen debut.

this season keeps delivering, it's shaping up to be the best one post mulder abduction.
    I agree! I liked season 10, but was somewhat disappointed by a few of the episodes. This season started out a little bumpy, but the last 3 or 4 episodes I've watched have truly felt like classic episodes (at least to me), as if the show never left. I've been very pleasantly surprised in the recent episodes. It's just a shame that Gillian is leaving now that they've finally found their footing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    no more love for the x-files ETS???

the last 2 episodes were also quite good imo, i am amazed they managed to keep it at this level of quality. more please!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This season has far surpassed the last. Loved the most recent episode.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    This season has far surpassed the last. Loved the most recent episode.

Same! The episode last night felt like it could've been in season 3 or 4 by its quality. It reminded me of Die Hand Die Verletzt from season 2.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Same! The episode last night felt like it could've been in season 3 or 4 by its quality. It reminded me of Die Hand Die Verletzt from season 2.
    I thought it had a bit of a Chinga feel to it.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Oh my god, the latest episode is fucking BEAUTIFUL. It's full of symbolism of the meta variety. It also revisits the religious undertones I've always noticed in this show. It gave me the feels and made me tear up a little.
    I have a funny feeling that episode 9 may well serve as a better series finale than ten. I hope I'm wrong, but I expect 10 to be action packed and full of revelations rather than reflection and emotion and such.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The episode from a few weeks ago reminded me of the Metalhead episode of Black Mirror. Even the style of how it was filmed reminded me of an homage to Black Mirror.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Up to Ep 8. Loved nearly every second of this season, pure gold. I could pass on episode 1 and I imagine e10 will be similar but the non-arc ones are absolutely the height of their art.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Up to Ep 8. Loved nearly every second of this season, pure gold. I could pass on episode 1 and I imagine e10 will be similar but the non-arc ones are absolutely the height of their art.
    Yeah, I'm watching it now live. It's a mix match of nothing and a continuation of the boring My Struggle storyline. Not impressed. Both the last seasons should've stuck to Monster of the Week episodes. It's what everybody wants anyways.

The Mythology is tired and since it ended (season 6) and ended again (season 9) the last two seasons felt like supplemental material tacked on. They had no real weight. I love this show to pieces but CSM being in both seasons I couldn't even suspend belief enough if I tried. So I just basically just flat out ignored he even died in season 9.

These seasons are also too short to tell a cohesive mythology storyline. Either dedicate every episode to it or don't do it at all. I'd take the latter.

Spoiler: Skinner just killed Reyes. Her character was quite good in seasons 8 and 9 and I hate how they handled her in these. Weird and lame death.

Spoiler: Didn't mind the ending but the lead up was muddled.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 03-21-2018 at 07:58 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Im not feeling this episode at all. Not a good way to end the series if this is the last one.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Jesus. I'm a hardcore apologist for this show, but good god, that was pretty fucking weak.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Soo is Skinner dead then?

Surely CSM is still alive, at this point gun shots are nothing compared to what he survived in season 9 lol

Of course William is still alive.

Scully is pregnant again, for real this time?

Yeah this finale was dumb.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I want CSM's missile proof vest