Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: The X-Files

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I got mixed up! TWD today and X-Files tomorrow. Although episode five apparently leaked a few days ago.
    i don't think we get Walking Dead here till the 21st, but in some places it seems to have come out on the 14th

edit: my bad, it was just a walking dead promo.
    @Ryan , can you tell me where to find tonite's x files? PM me!
    Last edited by elevenism; 02-15-2016 at 10:49 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Just saw episode 2. Much stronger than 1. Loved it, but both my wife and I were a bit freaked out as we're expecting our first baby in about 2 months time...
    Perfect time to watch The Fly!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    i don't think we get Walking Dead here till the 21st, but in some places it seems to have come out on the 14th

edit: my bad, it was just a walking dead promo.
    @Ryan , can you tell me where to find tonite's x files? PM me!
    you should be able to watch it on Hulu for free, but i'm not sure as i have a hulu subscription.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    ...well that was pretty underwhelming, especially "bringing back" The Lone Gunmen.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Yeah WTF was that? what a waste...

If they can't even be consistent with 6 fucking episodes then it's probably a good thing we don't have a full 20+ episode season. Jesus christ this is ridiculous.

If they're just going to dick around I don't think I'd even welcome another batch of episodes.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Yeah WTF was that? what a waste...

If they can't even be consistent with 6 fucking episodes then it's probably a good thing we don't have a full 20+ episode season. Jesus christ this is ridiculous.

If they're just going to dick around I don't think I'd even welcome another batch of episodes.
    It's a shame because I really loved episodes 2, 3 and 4. This episode just reminded me of Californication.

So I guess Reyes will appear in My Struggle II? Hopefully not in another placebo-high hallucination....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Seems like Carter was trying to ape the "funny" writers while also making a statement, and none of them worked out too well. Wasn't as bad I was expecting it, to be honest, I'd still say My Struggle I was the weakest episode so far.

Reyes is in the next one for real, I heard, but so are the two new agents, and this worries me. I could swallow them as a one-off parody of M&S, but as recurring cast members - or God help us the new leads if the series gets picked after this season -, nah, no thanks.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Yeah, if they're trying to backdoor launch X-Files: The Next Generation... they can gtfo.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I don't know what people want from this show. It wasn't a bad episode though nothing super amazingly outstanding. I didn't mind the new agents who look like other agents. It tackled a real subject with a decent lack of supernatural elements. I'm fine with that. It was better than most of the original series' religious episodes by far (sans maybe Miracle Man and Revelations).

I really enjoyed his hallucination trip and the dancing. Was a good laugh. I'm glad Lone Gunmen weren't "back" per se. Expending my belief on CSM is bad enough.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well this show is all over the place.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    i fucking loved it.
    But here is my problem.
    We were kinda lead to believe (in ep 2 especially) that we were headed for some sort of epic (and i use that word the way it was originally intended,) goosebump inducing "miniseries" centering around william, adding massive new revelations that explained everything about the original series, and bringing back the series' quasi religious undertones while bringing it into the realm of real world conspiracy theory (mchale's alex jones character's rant was fairly spot on and obviously meant to be realistic,)
    Then episode 3 happened and i loved it, but i was thinking "be careful, there isn't time for this!"
    episode 4 was, at it's heart, a MOTW episode with a TINY bit of revelation. and i;m thinking oh shit! the clock is ticking!

and i adored episode 5, especially "miller and einstein."

this whole thing has started to feel like a regular x files season. Which would be great, but...it isn't.

So how do they wrap up the story begun in episodes 1 and 2 in 43 minutes or whatever?!

This thing doesn't know what it wants to be: a "miniseries" or "some x files episodes."

These new x files have been fucking amazing, but those are my issues with it.

I'm feeling a possibility of a silver lining here though: what if we get a episode 6 cliffhanger followed by "To Be Continued...?"

AND, tv has surprised be before. many times i've been wondering how the fuck things were going to be wrapped up in one episode and come away very satisfied.

But i have a strong feeling that season 11 has already been secretly planned, or a third movie has already been secretly planned. And good god, i hope i'm right.

edit: so ostensibly, Duchovny wants more, Fox wants more, Carter has already started WRITING more, but Anderson isn;t yet on board, according to various recent articles and interviews.
    Surely, SURELY she can find time for a movie at least though.
    Last edited by elevenism; 02-16-2016 at 06:49 PM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Yeah, if they're trying to backdoor launch X-Files: The Next Generation... they can gtfo.
    Yes they sure can.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I will not mind if they ditch Scully on favour of Einstein if it means the series can get a full season. It'd bring a new dynamic.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    I will not mind if they ditch Scully on favour of Einstein if it means the series can get a full season. It'd bring a new dynamic.
    no doubt. or perhaps mulder and scully could appear in some, but not all, episodes,
    i'm probably in the minority here but i LIKED dogbert and reyes.

But i dont think they would try to pull a full on "next generation." the series is still too fresh in a lot of our minds.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    It was a decent episode, but nothing special. I think alot of us are wondering where the hell the whole William angle went.

I mean, this was second to last episode of the mini series and that accomplished nothing minus a possible spin off.

I hope they wrap it up well in the finale.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They've mentioned William almost all season. He's got to factor in somehow.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Episode 5 WAS hinting so strongly at a rehash series launch with those 2 new people, one a skeptic, and one not, and the male who goes by "Miller" that it hurts, and it's only 5 minutes in. If this is where it's headed, I have some serious doubts on what's to follow...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Think Einstein and Miller are in the finale as well. Not sure how i'd feel if they went in that direction.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I honestly don't want to see another show titled "x-files" without moulder and scully.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I honestly don't want to see another show titled "x-files" without moulder and scully.
    Same here.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    People might not hate Doggett and Reyes as much anymore?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I always liked them though.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Wait, remember how when they first met Reyes she was trying to quit smoking? OMG MAYBE SHE'S CSM'S DAUGHTER!!!11

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I liked Doggett and Reyes. Doggett in season 8 was a pretty cool change of pace.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i quite liked this episode. it was fun AND serious, ridiculous AND grounded. i felt like it was well balanced, handled a delicate subject (terrorism) with a great amount of tact, and was interesting to watch the whole time. they used a TON of songs in it (my fav definitely being the use of "misery is the river of the world" by tom waits, the song that got me into him) which was interesting. yeah, the lone gunmen thing was a bit disappointing, but at least it worked. einstein & miller were great, it was a fun meta joke, and i adore lauren ambrose.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm like, 99% sure there's going to be more ep's to come. If they absolutely only had these 6 to wrap up the whole series, I don't think Carter and the writing team would be wasting any time with humor angles or MOTW episodes. Looking at it from that perspective, I can appreciate eps 3, 4, and 5 more objectively, and I think they've been pretty solid in that regard. My Struggle II I think is being advertised as a "season" finale, not a series finale, so that gives me hope as well.

I think a Miller and Einstein based spin-off or reboot seems way too on-the-nose to be a concept, but lord knows there's way more idiotic shit on tv. I guarantee it wouldn't get picked up for a second season if they did it.

I dunno, they've had 14 years to think about how to approach this the right way, I have faith that there's some good shit to come. I'm actually kinda mostly worried that Bill Davis will die of old age or get really ill or something before his time on the show is over. That would really suck.

Curious to see what they do with Reyes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    From what it sounds like, it's possible there will be more episodes.

Chris Carter says 'I can’t imagine there won’t be more'
    Fox execs seem keen on it too, if they can align everyone's schedules

Can't wait for this coming Monday for so many reasons!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Even with Duchovny on NBC, that wouldn't interfere with him doing more? Last I checked, Aquarius was renewed for a second season. Kind of unheard of to be on two network shows.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Even with Duchovny on NBC, that wouldn't interfere with him doing more? Last I checked, Aquarius was renewed for a second season. Kind of unheard of to be on two network shows.
    well, like i said, duchovny said he was down, fox is down, and carter has written more episodes.
    the only problem is anderson, who doesn't want to be away from london. she was raised there and calls it her favorite city in the world.
    so let's hope they decide to shoot in Europe.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    well, like i said, duchovny said he was down, fox is down, and carter has written more episodes.
    the only problem is anderson, who doesn't want to be away from london. she was raised there and calls it her favorite city in the world.
    so let's hope they decide to shoot in Europe.
    boohoo!

go and film more fucking x files gillian.