Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    I like 3 more than 2. I'll take any Jurassic Park I can get
    I like 3 more than 2 too

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    So far all of the announcements and this poster have told us literally nothing aside from "There's dinosaurs in a park, y'know, like the first one" and I'm still way more excited than I should be.
    That's how it should be!

We don't need to know ANYTHING else other than this is a Jurassic Park movie, and there will be dinosaurs.

I'm going to stay as far away from the trailers as possible when they come out. I do not want to know a SINGLE thing going into this movie.
    I find I enjoy movies a lot more when I don't watch the trailers. Sometimes it gets hard trying to avoid them, when you have the internet and all, and in your daily news feed everyone is sharing the new trailer, movie news sites are all reporting on and reviewing the trailers and every message board you go to is talking about them. But, it pays off in the end.

This is something I started doing in the last 2 years to movies I know I am going to see for sure, and it's paid off enormously. I find trailers are only there to entice people who were on the fence about seeing the film. Like, for a movie I know nothing about, of course i'll watch the trailer, something I know i'm going to see on day 1... not so much.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'll keep an open mind about this film. 3 really, really jumped the Megalodon for the series. (See what I did there?)
    Megalodon is mid-to-late Cenozoic, it's about as dinosaury as a hamburger.

Apologies for the nerding.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Megalodon is mid-to-late Cenozoic, it's about as dinosaury as a hamburger.

Apologies for the nerding.
    Well, then!

You just ripped my bad joke to shreds and then made a funnier remark. Touché.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Shouldn't this thread be renamed "Jurassic World"? Anyhow, since it's a slow day, here's the trailer's trailer:

YO BITCHES, STAR-LORD IS IN THIS. THOSE DINOS DON'T STAND A CHANCE!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    YO BITCHES, STAR-LORD IS IN THIS. THOSE DINOS DON'T STAND A CHANCE!
    I'm kind of amazed how Chris Pratt went from the chubby dude in Parks and Rec to the muscular leading man in some mega-budget blockbusters. Good for him.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Looks decent, I'll bite.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    The Apatosaurus and Stegosaurus look great, but could do without the bullshitamimuses/raptors. And what the hell is going on with that mosasaur? It looks bigger than Liam Neeson's cock.
    Anyway. Not expecting this to be anywhere near Crichton-tier, but it looks like it could be fun.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    This looks good. I might give it a shot.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I think it looks pretty awful and the trailer gets everything wrong that I hated about part 3... T-Rex not the main villain, dinosaurs as monsters rather than animals... and that last shot while it was cool seems like total bullshit.

I'm still looking forward to it and hope that it's more in the vain of part one and features some decent action rather than a Bay-esque CGI-fest.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Im so excited! It comes out on my 25th birthday and Ive been following the development since 2003. Im really impressed with Colin has done. Not at all worried about the CGI in trailer as they have a few more months to tweak.

Trailer is fantastic!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    this looks like a monster turd. people excited for this? lol, never ceases to amaze me.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    this looks like a monster turd. people excited for this? lol, never ceases to amaze me.
    Sadly I agree. I know it's only the trailer but it has all the making of a by the book action film... as opposed to the original which really felt like an adventure film. You got all your cliches, power money hungry top dog, older teenager not impressed to be going on a lame trip. Not to mention that the aerial camera glide to that pool thing looked like like uninspired cgi. They created a brand new dinosaur? does it shoot bees out of its mouth?

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Yeah, I wouldn't want to judge hastily, but the mention of the main antagonist as a "genetically modified dinosaur" really doesn't sound good. Really, a GMOsaurus ? That's a weak plot point... In Jurassic World : Apocalypse, I hear they crossbreed dinosaurs and humans to create a new kind of super soldiers.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    looks like the introduction to the world and visuals of exploring the whole place will be amazing. the story of that genetically modified dino seems tacked on an potentially lame.

ive said it since jurassic park 1 and still believe it strongly - as long as there's dinosaurs eating people im in.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I hold high hopes for this, the people involved know what they are doing.

Read about the production before making snap judgments.

They ARE using practical effects alongside the CGI and the GMO plot will be explained well Spoiler: (and it's very similar to a T-rex - http://www.dreadcentral.com/wp-conte...rld-2015-1.jpg)
    Last edited by Dream; 11-25-2014 at 06:55 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I really liked the trailer until the genetically modified dino business. I know Spielberg has been wanting to do that in JP4 for years- I think the original idea years ago was "dino-commandos" with guns, so its good they didn't do that. Hopefully the crossbred dino works and doesn't come across too lame. But all the stuff leading up to it I thought was nice. The open, technologically advanced park with a lot of people in it has the potential for some utter chaos.

One thing that seemed weird: why are raptors in racing cages, and why aren't they attacking Starlord?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Millionaire View Post
    One thing that seemed weird: why are raptors in racing cages, and why aren't they attacking Starlord?
    I heard that Spoiler: They are trained as pets? Why would someone think it's a good idea?

I really like the trailer too and if the genetically modified dino doesn't suck, it has the potential to be a good movie. I hope it's not going to be a turd like the third movie. :/

Oh and I don't think they ever showed the dinos as "monsters", on the contrary, during the first two movies, they showed them to be quite intelligent animals. The way I've always seen JP is that it's the human who are the bad guys for bringing back extinct animals to make money off of them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Apparently he's a Raptor trainer and he's their master, seems plausible considering they are distant relatives of birds of prey, I guess he's kind of like a falconer. It would be in their best interests to train them after what happened in the first film.

The tone of the leaked trailer was better IMO, it was unfinished and a low quality cam though.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    I heard that Spoiler: They are trained as pets? Why would someone think it's a good idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Spoiler: Apparently he's a Raptor trainer and he's their master, seems plausible considering they are distant relatives of birds of prey, I guess he's kind of like a falconer. It would be in their best interests to train them after what happened in the first film.
    That seems...cool and stupid at the same time, but I'm down for it.

Could you give a rundown on what was different in the leaked trailer? Its probably going to be a chore to hunt it down by now.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    It looks cool enough. Not sure about the genetically modified dinosaur deal, that could easily turn out to be terrible

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    SIGN ME UP. Even if it's a bad movie, FUCK does it visually radical, even if it just turns out to be Chris Pratt: Velociraptorer.

I have a whole list of things I want it to be, but if it doesn't meet expectations, then I at least want it to be laughably dumb.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Could you give a rundown on what was different in the leaked trailer? Its probably going to be a chore to hunt it down by now.
    I can't really remember most of it. It didn't feel as stilted as this one though, I think they could have edited it better.

Spoiler: There was a different raptor scene showing off some practical effects.

Spoiler: There was a scene with Dr Henry Wu from the first film and the book.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    the trailer was pretty goofy...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I dunno. IMO, still not as stupid as the whole idea of people rebuilding and opening the park, practically asking for new trouble. They never learn, right? I know it's not gonna happen, but I'd welcome a cameo shot of Dr. Grant or Dr. Malcolm saying "told you so!"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I dunno. IMO, still not as stupid as the whole idea of people rebuilding and opening the park, practically asking for new trouble. They never learn, right? I know it's not gonna happen, but I'd welcome a cameo shot of Dr. Grant or Dr. Malcolm saying "told you so!"
    Greed is a major theme in the book, I think it will be in this movie too.

Spoiler: I've read that the genetically modified dinosaur was created because after 10 years of operation the novelty has worn off and visitor numbers have started to decline, hence the need for bigger better attractions.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    The concept art is pretty cool though.

On the whole, just the central concept of a film is rarely enough to make it or break it, it's how it will be handled. So, genetically modified dinosaurs, sure, ok. Let's see how it goes.