Thread: The Transgender Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

The Transgender Thread

Yeah...our own thread to discuss stuff and not derail other topics. All three of us. ha ha.

So...yeah. This thread is for the discussion of various issues that fall under the 'transgender' category. I specifically picked transgender because it's an umbrella term that kind of encompasses everyone, whether you're transgender, transvestite, gender queer, etc., etc. And, of course, people who aren't transgender are more than welcome to jump into the discussion (I'm sure that was obvious, though).

I guess I'll start. The gender issues have become pretty damn intense lately. I would say worse than usual, but they've always been pretty bad. It has kind of ebbed and flowed at times, and right now it's really getting to me. I'm sure getting dangerously close to my 30s doesn't help, because I really feel that ticking clock in the back of my head. I've lost my 20s already, and I don't want to end up losing another decade if transition is indeed what I end up doing. What scares me almost as much is the idea that I'm not transsexual, that maybe it's some other sort of gender disorder, because this really, really hurts, and I'm very much leaning toward the idea of transitioning. But ultimately, I have to do what's best and if that means not doing it then I'll have to face it if and when it comes to that.

In the meantime, I'm in limbo because I don't have insurance at the moment so I have to wait to start seeing a therapist again. And when I do, I want to make sure I see someone who specializes in gender this time. No more screwing around with people who don't know what they're doing.

Anyway...that's enough venting from me. So...yeah. Talk away.

Edit: Just saw this right after starting the thread. Man, I don't know whether to be angry at, or feel bad for, this kid. I'd like to blame this on youthful ignorance (which it very well might be), but unfortunately, I think most of this country (or at least a huge portion) probably agrees with her.
    Last edited by theruiner; 01-12-2012 at 05:06 PM.