Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26

Thread: The Transgender Thread

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Oh my god, this post makes me so happy. Welcome to the light, my friend. It's wonderful over here.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So I (MtF) went full time on Monday and I actually feel a bit stupid that I didn't do this earlier. The change was basically only at work, since I was out to most people in my private life for over a year and since October, I've been 50/50 with girl mode/boy mode after work. Most people at work didn't really care (I mean that in a positive way), the rest seemed a bit cautious, but I can understand that and to be honest, I was nervous and cautious, too. Name changing in all the administrative directories etc. was surprisingly uncomplicated, now my old name is only left on my ID, driver's license, bank account and with all the insurances. Here in Germany you can't really change those until you've gone through a long (3-12 months) and costly (1000-3000€) lawsuit. The corresponding law is insanely outdated (late 70's) and parts of it have been declared illegal in the last 20 years. But since this year is federal election year, I don't see an updated law coming in 2017 and I'm not waiting until that is going to happen.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    That's so awesome! Congrats!

I'm kind o f in the same boat you were in. The only place I am in guy mode anywhere is work. Everywhere else I am living as myself pretty much completely. That should change in the next three to four months (hopefully, fingers crossed).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thank you I'm keeping my fingers crossed, too, that everything will work out for you as well!

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    New Single - Blackthorn

i wrote & recorded the music & lyrics for this song back in november, and my friend Nina did her incredible vocals a couple weeks ago. this song is extremely close to my heart, as it deals with issues of being trans and feeling stuck, like you can't do anything about it; longing for the transformation that will allow you to be who you are. it's a daily struggle for me and expressing it this way was so cathartic. i hope you enjoy the song and consider buying it to help me donate some money to Center on Halsted, who help support the LGBTQ youth community of chicago (all proceeds for the first 30 days go straight to them).

Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    Great tune. And your production skills never cease to amaze me.
    This is something really special man. It's an issue i am SO grateful i've never had to deal with because it sounds AWFUL.
    You've captured the sound of what i'd IMAGINE it would feel like.
    And the donation program is awesome. I'm damn proud of you.

Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Oh and @kleiner352 , i'm just now seeing this and i'm GODDAMN proud of you!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Happy day of visibility to all, hopefully someday we won't need to worry about being seen.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Hey, here's a new picture for Trans Day of Visibility. It's a bathroom selfie, which I guess is pretty lame, but when I try to take selfies by holding the phone close to me I look absolutely terrible. Not that I look all that great here. I am NOT a photogenic person at all. I swear I look much better than this in real life, guys. XD

http://imgur.com/a/6Uz4S

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Hey, here's a new picture for Trans Day of Visibility. It's a bathroom selfie, which I guess is pretty lame, but when I try to take selfies by holding the phone close to me I look absolutely terrible. Not that I look all that great here. I am NOT a photogenic person at all. I swear I look much better than this in real life, guys. XD

http://imgur.com/a/6Uz4S
    Bathroom selfies are not at all lame, my female friends do them all the time, one of which actually did a photo series of bathroom selfies. I don't do them, personally, but totally get it. I am also totally not photogenic (I found that many photographers hate having pictures taken!) But I think especially in the current political/societal climate, bathroom selfies are such a powerful thing.

I'll prob take a selfie before the day is up, too.

Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    just made a request to start seeing a therapist at Intra Spectrum right near me to talk about the potential of transitioning.

i'm so nervous but also excited.

also realized that my first tattoo, which is on my chest, is going to look AWFUL if/when i get boobs. :/
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 04-19-2017 at 04:42 PM.