1 Post(s)
    not available in your area
    GODDAMN shithole I live in
    will wait for your recording, guys...

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    You're showing your age if you're saying RIP Peel :P
    I was alive in 2004, and that makes me *OLD*?!?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    <3
    I have to admit, when I first saw the title, I read "Trent to take part in Masterchef".

I have to admit that I would actually like to watch TR doing something like cooking a favorite recipe.
    That might make for some interesting Television. Something out of the ordinary.

But back on topic Im looking forward to hearing this interview...whenever someone can get it up.
    Thanks.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by princessomega View Post
    I have to admit that I would actually like to watch TR doing something like cooking a favorite recipe.
    That might make for some interesting Television. Something out of the ordinary.

But back on topic Im looking forward to hearing this interview...whenever someone can get it up.
    Thanks.
    http://cookingwithrockstars.com/arti...brian-viglione

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know its off topic...but thanks for that link DigitalChaos!
    I NEVER knew that existed...interesting.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    if you are in the UK (it's probably blocked overseas) here is the link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/introduci...ideo/#p00nf05m

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidcalm View Post
    if you are in the UK (it's probably blocked overseas) here is the link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/introduci...ideo/#p00nf05m
    Yep. Blocked. Can someone rip the video and share? I can try to do it tomorrow, if nobody else can.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Anyone ever heard of Tunnelbear?
    *cough*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    there's a copy circulating on youtube...missing a few minutes at the beginning...

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    i will rip it later today if nobody else has done so by then
    can't rape my cell modem for that right now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    *cough*
    hey, thanks for the tip!
    installed it and watched the video! very nice interview (nothing really new but anyway)
    something seems to be wrong with their camera, faces look 1.5 wider than their actual size

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    *cough*
    nice, i hadn't heard of this one before. I will definitely take some free proxy action! If only they had a Canadian node too. Really needed one of those lately. Any suggestions there?

Ripping now

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    So which of you wants to be the uploader?

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Also, this file is a pain in the ass. I cant figure how to reencode the FLV without the sound massively drifting. I have the interview cut out and the aspect ratio fixed but this sound drift is killing me... Someone else will have to take a stab at this. As it stands now there is a 1 hour 750mb FLV that plays just fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ha!
    "The Head of the label who I won't mention... STEVE GOTTLIEB"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Awesome. I chuckled at that. Heard a lot of what was said before, but still, interviews like that are why I love TR.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    *cough*
    *spit* I have it but I felt lazy yesterday and didn't feel like watching/ripping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by princessomega View Post
    I bet it would involve pork.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I extracted the stream and created the following video and audio-only files.

The video was broadcast at the wrong aspect ratio (everything looks squished). I saved the file such that QuickTime Player 7 will playback the video in the proper aspect ratio, so I recommend using that for playback.

BBC Introducing... Masterclass 2012 - Trent Reznor (Video) - 28 min, 297 MB http://www.sendspace.com/file/y9199f
    BBC Introducing... Masterclass 2012 - Trent Reznor (Audio) - 28 min, 25 MB http://www.mediafire.com/?ddsfcjjjz6xcxxz

Technical details:

Direct RTMP stream rip with Replay Media Catcher. Demux to elementary streams with FLV Extract. Remux to proper MPEG-4 container with mp4box. Because it required both editing (trim start and end) and aspect ratio correction (during playback, NOT re-encoding), I made the changes in QuickTime Pro and saved the movie in a QuickTime container which can perform both without re-encoding.
    Last edited by TheBang; 01-23-2012 at 06:11 AM. Reason: new version of video

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thank you, TheBang! And thank you for correcting aspect ratio, it was really crazy to watch online version

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    tahnks yo

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    That was good - thanks for posting

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    So, I just assumed that the proper aspect ratio for the video was 16:9, but upon further reflection and testing, it looks like it should actually be 4:3.

I've reuploaded the video again, with the corrected playback aspect ratio information. Again, only QuickTime Player 7 will read this playback information properly. I recommend that you redownload the new video file if you downloaded previously.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y9199f

If you are using a different player, you'll want to set the movie playback dimensions to approximately 640 x 617.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Anything new in this interview, or just rehashing whatever has been already said recently about music industry, soundtracks, etc. ?

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I extracted the stream and created the following video and audio-only files.

The video was broadcast at the wrong aspect ratio (everything looks squished). I saved the file such that QuickTime Player 7 will playback the video in the proper aspect ratio, so I recommend using that for playback.

BBC Introducing... Masterclass 2012 - Trent Reznor (Video) - 28 min, 297 MB http://www.sendspace.com/file/y9199f
    BBC Introducing... Masterclass 2012 - Trent Reznor (Audio) - 28 min, 25 MB http://www.mediafire.com/?ddsfcjjjz6xcxxz

Technical details:

Direct RTMP stream rip with Replay Media Catcher. Demux to elementary streams with FLV Extract. Remux to proper MPEG-4 container with mp4box. Because it required both editing (trim start and end) and aspect ratio correction (during playback, NOT re-encoding), I made the changes in QuickTime Pro and saved the movie in a QuickTime container which can perform both without re-encoding.
    And this is why I failed.
    Out of curiosity, was there some massive audio shift in the FLV for you or did mine somehow get screwed up?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Out of curiosity, was there some massive audio shift in the FLV for you or did mine somehow get screwed up?
    No, there wasn't, but I did experience audio drift before with the New York Times interview last year, which I was never able to correct properly. So, I was dreading the drift on this video after your comments, but pleasantly surprised when there wasn't any.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    @TheBang

Thanks for the upload! and it it looks better now after correcting the aspect ratio.