Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    The problem for me so far is that this feels like a JRPG version of the modern western RPG... I can't claim to judge it yet, but that feels weird

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Not sure if I'd consider that a problem. But, I definitely get that vibe as well.

Mmmm Pork!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Played a bit briefly before stopping to make food and watch The Flash. I made it to the first camp. I'm loving it so far. Exceptional.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm up to Chapter 2. I really love how alive the world is. The combat feels like an improved version of Lightning Returns'. Overall, I'm very impressed so far.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Chapter 3. Got to Lestallum. Holy shit. It amazes me how you can have a huge city full of people within an open world. So much detail.

My timing is a little off in combat when defending. But, I'm having an absolute blast with this game.

My main gripe is the camera during combat. It has a habit of getting out of focus and I'm not able to really see what's going on. Focusing on an enemy does away with it. A little annoying though.

Always something to do. I've mostly been doing side quests. Just taking it all in.

Mmmm Pork!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Not sure if I mis-leveled or what. Lvl 22 and I'm getting wrecked in combat. Am I missing something or should I start over?

Mmmm Pork!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    So... As a big fan of 7, 8, 10, and thirteen and story basis how is this stacking up?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    It is... pretty good!
    The combat is the worst thing, its not terrible, but its just.. a bit messy, for every good idea there is a button mapped just a little bit wrong or a system that doesn't quite get explained right. buuuuut..
    The world, the driving about, even the characters, the rest stops, the town (I'm only in Ch3) feel like Final Fantasy. The landscape is open, but feels more like an actual place than most open world games, the music! oh the music is stunningly good. The story, like most FF games, is a bit.. naff, but really that is never FF's strong point, but the cast is good and you do start liking them after a few hours.
    So best game since.. X? XII? IX?! It's light years ahead of FFXII that is for sure. I hope the combat gets better, either through progression or even a patch..

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Just reached chapter 6. Still feels a little early to compare to older games. Better than XII though ; ). I'm in the minority of people who liked XIII, it seems. I probably won't compare games until I finish or get closer to completion.

World is vast. A massive fuck ton of things you can do. Combat took a lot of getting used to. But, I'm finally getting it. Gotta think more defensively this time around. Camera is a little wonky. That's really my main gripe so far though.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    On chapter 8 now. 40 hours on the clock. Even if it turns into garbage after this point (which seems to be a risk with most games these days) 35 hours of that was the best Final Fantasy since the PSX era, 3 hours was me getting annoyed at a dungeon and 2 hours was the intro. This is a good game.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    About 30 hours in and just hitting chapter 8. Definitely a good game.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I like how they're setting up Noctis like this sort of Prince Hal sort of character. Kind of awesome

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    At the end but feel very underpowered...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I finished it (and toppled the Adamantoise) over the weekend. Kind of wish they fleshed out some of the areas you visit from Ch. 10 onwards. Chapters 12 and 14 could've been incredible if you were actually allowed to explore the environments.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    What lvl were you when you finished. Hit 14 as lvl 40. Struggling.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I finished with Noctis at 70 and the others at 68. The last chapters were a breeze. Adamantoise was pretty easy too (despite taking 1.5hrs to beat). Hardest part of the game was the Costlemark Dungeon (optional Royal Arms location).

Best way to level up is craft a spell with 7 or 8 Rare Coins infused. You get about 10000 exp per cast. Then sleep at the Galdin Quay hotel for a 2x bonus.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm really liking this, I didn't know what to expect from early impressions and everything. It really is a fun game, the combat kind of reminds me of Dragon Age 2 (or Inquisition), but in a good way.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Well shit... I might have screwed up. Sold all of my rare coins... Who knows what else I sold. Figured it was nothing. How bad did I screw up?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I finally finished this over the weekend. Gosh, I did not enjoy that ending. Went a bit too FF13 at the end. BUT, it doesn't stop the fact that the whole middle section is excellent, and if I get time, I'd really like to do some of the post-game stuff. But yeah, it felt more of an obligation to finish it than anything else.
    I might be being a little harsh, but I finished the Last Guardian the night before and that had a masterful ending that played into everything great about the game, FFXV on the other hand felt like it was reaching for something that missed the point of the middle section.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Digging it so far, haven't played an FF, since X. The world is beautiful to look at. I love the characters already. I sick at fishing though. That cat is going to starve to death before I can catch the right one.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    http://www.playstationtrophies.org/n...-In-March.html

Don't know much about it but A King's Tale is going to be free on PS4 and Xbone in March. Guess it was a pre-order bonus from some retailers. I haven't bought XV, don't think I have time for a FF right now, but I'll play a short, free FF beat 'em up.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Anyone trying out (or going back to) Final Fantasy XIV now that they've removed the 14-day limit from the trial?

Getting ready to dive-in as WoW has been driving me nuts the past few months.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Anyone trying out (or going back to) Final Fantasy XIV now that they've removed the 14-day limit from the trial?

Getting ready to dive-in as WoW has been driving me nuts the past few months.
    I've been debating on whether or not to go back. I'm a little behind. Missed the last two or three updates. No clue what the expansion adds or anything either.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Final Fantasy XV is a game that had so much potential and completely fucked it up in the final act. Oh man... I still can't believe how awfully the story was delivered, or how terrible and forgettable the final battle was. It went from being a game that I loved, despite some minor quibbles here and there, to being "WTF is this shit?!"

I even watched the movie (the one with all the story that they excised and put all the CG budget into), and then started to feel that maybe I was coming closer to understanding what the fuck was going on...

I still don't get it though, and I'm kind of mad. Also, the end-game content was so lazily slapped together it's laughable. All those weird doors in the dungeons that you're curious about? You get the key to open them, and then you get the WORST level design ever.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, the story was poorly executed. Luckily, the gameplay and the world made up for it.

I didn't have a major problem with chapter 13 as much as some. The change in style was pretty abrupt and out of place though.

There's a good story there. They just missed the mark and failed to capitalize on what they had. Too many potholes. Some were intentional for the season pass...

I might replay so I can see what the new patch did.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Yeah, the story was poorly executed. Luckily, the gameplay and the world made up for it.

I didn't have a major problem with chapter 13 as much as some. The change in style was pretty abrupt and out of place though.

There's a good story there. They just missed the mark and failed to capitalize on what they had. Too many potholes. Some were intentional for the season pass...

I might replay so I can see what the new patch did.
    The story just didn't need to be so convoluted and spread across different mediums. Honestly, I'm not even sure I understood what the central villain's motivation was...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    The story just didn't need to be so convoluted and spread across different mediums. Honestly, I'm not even sure I understood what the central villain's motivation was...
    I got that. It was everything leading up to the revelation of who the bad guy is and why he does what he does.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Final Fantasy XV out for PC early next year...looks fucking beautiful. (hopefully XII announcement soon as well)

(posted today).

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    While I'm not holding my breath, this has the potential to be really good (and maybe get it on Switch Squenix?!) http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/08/22/f...ile-adaptation
    A 'greatest hits' / lets fix the story pace version of FFXV would get me to actually engage in the world a bit more than I did on PS4.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    XII HD is pretty damn good. Makes up for the disappointing XV, in a way.