Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Light Burns

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post
    I got the physical cd from Amazon. The price increased by quite a bit though.
    Thanks, didn't think to check amazon since they said it would only be available from them and on tour. It's up to $21.87 on there and it's currently out of stock. I'll keep an eye on it and worse come to worse I'll just buy it as mp3 from amazon or itunes once I get my iPhone 5 next week. Pretty pissed at myself that I forgot it was coming out.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Didn't wanna bump LB thread...plus its more of a WB thing.

Old but Look how nervous this duder is. HAHA

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Pretty Awesome video from Feb 2013 in Russia

Set list looked fucking killer for that show!
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/black-...-6bdb2ec6.html

I Want You To
    Mesopotamia
    It's Good To Be Gold
    Cruel Melody
    The Colour Escapes
    The Hate of My Life
    The Mark
    We Light Up
    Scream Hallelujah

Its weird. The only song that I think sounds like shit is The Mark. The rest sound awesome. I think its the fact that the way the songs on Lotus & TMYRYGTF are played live EXACTLY how they were recorded and all the Cruel Melody songs had heavily tweaked Borland vocals (by D.Lohner) and they are performed so differently than the album. Obviously Wes' voice doesnt sound like it does on CM so he cant perform it that way. Id love to hear a rerecorded version of CM but done entirely the way Wes intended (like Lotus, TMYRYGTF, and Anvil Pants)
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 07-02-2013 at 07:09 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i didn't know his voice was tweaked for cruel melody. that's kind of disappointing. i assumed he had just changed vocal styles between albums.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Just got around to watching the DVD that came with Cover your heart, anvil pants. GREAT DVD. I really need to see this band live.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Apparently Wes Borland just released a solo album called Crystal Machete on youtube and spotify. I can't seem to find much about it, not even a tweet from Wes or anything.

http://www.theprp.com/2016/05/02/new...ystal-machete/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    i wish it was done under the blb moniker but hey, can't complain except where can we buy this thing other than crap mp3s???

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    New Wes Borland album. Entire official stream below.

"I set up my studio here in Detroit at the beginning of this year and started work immediately on a record. I gave myself 3 parameters:

1. No human vocals
    2. No distorted guitar
    3. No help from anyone except for mastering.

5 weeks later I was finishing my final mix. I sent it over to Howie Weinberg in Los Angeles for mastering and that was that. I really hope you like it. iTunes link is in my bio.

Get Crystal Machete everywhere digitally today and look for the Double LP early this summer. Limited to 500 copies in white vinyl."
    Last edited by Harry Seaward; 05-03-2016 at 01:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Somewhat BLB/LB related: Wes Borland & Queen Kwong's DIY Network show about them buying and rehabbing a run down house in Detroit is supposed to start this week.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post
    Somewhat BLB/LB related: Wes Borland & Queen Kwong's DIY Network show about them buying and rehabbing a run down house in Detroit is supposed to start this week.
    oh my god i want to watch that. i don't have cable so whenever i cat-sit for people who do, the first thing i do is put on either food network or HGTV/DIY.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Watched "Sight Unseen" last night and it's fairly entertaining as far as these type of shows go. Oddly, the show doesn't mention what bands Wes & Carre are in. I guess they want the average viewer to think they're just some artsy couple.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Was just married Calle, apparently. Congrats, I guess

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Was just married Calle, apparently. Congrats, I guess
    did you mean Wes just married Carre?

why "i guess" on the congrats?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    did you mean Wes just married Carre?
    Yes. That was my phone's autocorrect.

why "i guess" on the congrats?
    And that was me failing at English.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Yes. That was my phone's autocorrect.

And that was me failing at English.
    haha that's why i asked instead of outright accusing you of being an a-hole (which you're usually not )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wes posted on Instagram that there's a new Big Dumb Face album on the way, which is completely unexpected and awesome news. He also posted that new Black Light Burns will follow that.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Wes posted on Instagram that there's a new Big Dumb Face album on the way, which is completely unexpected and awesome news. He also posted that new Black Light Burns will follow that.
    BOTH of those pieces of news are extremely awesome.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    BOTH of those pieces of news are extremely awesome.
    i thought he had said he was DONE with black light burns, and i NEVER thought he'd do anything again with BDF. i loved crystal machete and i really like queen kwong so i was actually looking forward to more from both of those projects (i know they recorded a new QK album...anyone know when that's going to be released?) but i'll take whatever i can get from him.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    i loved crystal machete
    I had NO idea this even existed until i saw this! Thanks

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    God dammit that new bizkit album is never coming ��

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    take it to the shitty music thread, tony

wes is a guitar wizard and deserves better than fred durst as a collaborator.

@Haysey if you can still get it on vinyl, crystal machete sounds effin' GREAT on white wax.

edit: looks like it IS still available! https://www.edisonsound.com/product-page

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Its Chinese democracy all over again

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    i really like queen kwong so i was actually looking forward to more from both of those projects (i know they recorded a new QK album...anyone know when that's going to be released?)
    Was "expected to be released in Spring 2017" (sound familiar?), but it's been pushed. This seems like the last update on the subject:

https://twitter.com/QueenKwong/statu...764737/photo/1

I really liked this band when I saw them in 2015. Curious to hear what the new stuff sounds like (even though Fred Sablan is no longer with them). There is an older song called "Long Gone" that I've been listening to a lot lately. Also, a tune called "Oh Well" that they did live but never released.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Borland interview: http://www.nme.com/features/wes-borl...152011-2152011
    There will be new BLB at some point

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    finally got my hands on this beauty!

order of the black light
    2xCD / 1xDVD (cruel melody, cover your heart, the anvil pants odyssey), prints of wes' paintings, all housed in a hardcover book, and signed by wes and the other band members.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    is the Cruel Melody cd edited like the rest of them were? I still haven't found a copy, digital or otherwise, that doesn't edit out the language. Wes said at the time that it was a mistake, but he never fixed it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    is the Cruel Melody cd edited like the rest of them were? I still haven't found a copy, digital or otherwise, that doesn't edit out the language. Wes said at the time that it was a mistake, but he never fixed it.
    whoa, what? i know there's a "clean" version out there, but i didn't think it was all of them.

i will check when i have a chance and let you know. my digital copy doesn't edit out any language, though, so let me know if you want me to dropbox it to you.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    I don't have any idea what you're talking about and I've listened to that album more times than I can count since it came out back in, what, 07?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    whoa, what? i know there's a "clean" version out there, but i didn't think it was all of them.

i will check when i have a chance and let you know. my digital copy doesn't edit out any language, though, so let me know if you want me to dropbox it to you.
    My copy had the same problem. Except I think mine was a European copy and I just chalked it up to a regional thing? Digital copies from other sources are fine though.

Where in the fuck did you get that beautiful piece of art?? I looked for them for a while but couldn't find a single copy aaanywhere and eventually just gave up.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    My copy had the same problem. Except I think mine was a European copy and I just chalked it up to a regional thing? Digital copies from other sources are fine though.

Where in the fuck did you get that beautiful piece of art?? I looked for them for a while but couldn't find a single copy aaanywhere and eventually just gave up.
    had it on my wishlist on discogs for years. someone finally listed one (for only $40!) and i immediately jumped on it.