Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Light Burns

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    They also just posted a picture of Wes writing out what appears to be a rough setlist. I can't seem to link it from my iPod, but it's on their Facebook if you wanna see it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    So I'm watching this Wes Borland Interview...

And at about 2 minutes, I thought I recognized the venue where they're setting up, so I do a little googling...

It's at the Cotillion, in Wichita, about 40 minutes from here, two days after my 17th birthday.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    according to Wes on Twitter, the new single will be heard next Tuesday!
    It will be "How To Look Naked"

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    new chapter coming at us in the next couple of days. Think they will release it together with the new song on Tuesday:

EDIT: oh, looks like that video IS already chapter 2. Thought this might have been a teaser for the upcoming music video.
    Last edited by dlb; 07-29-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So very sooooooooooon.

Gah, hurry up!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Huh, I've never seen an effect like that before. Pretty awesome! I wonder what the rest of Chapter 2 will be like.

Oh yeah, TWO WEEKS! And like, two days!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Also...

So far, we have two songs, one video teaser, and one teaser for another teaser? Am I missing anything relating to this release?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    4 songs actually: I want you to, scream hallelujah, splayed and now how to look naked

5 songs if you count the moment you realize you're going to fall and if it actually is the full song and not edited for the album teaser since on wikipedia it says 6:53 for its runtime.

I wonder if we will get a proper single and a music video (chapter 1 is pretty much a music video, but not a real single).

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    4 songs actually: I want you to, scream hallelujah, splayed and now how to look naked

5 songs if you count the moment you realize you're going to fall and if it actually is the full song and not edited for the album teaser since on wikipedia it says 6:53 for its runtime.

I wonder if we will get a proper single and a music video (chapter 1 is pretty much a music video, but not a real single).
    Shows how much attention I've been paying. Thanks.

So I've compiled this for another forum, and I figured I'd post it here, for ease of access if anything.

- How To Look Naked (full track premiere.)
    - Splayed (free track download.)
    - Scream Hallelujah (full track.)
    - I Want You To (full track.)
    - The Moment You Realize You’re Going To Fall: Chapter 1 (album teaser video)
    - The Moment You Realize You’re Going To Fall: Chapter 2 (pre-teaser teaser video)
    Last edited by Harry Seaward; 07-31-2012 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Stupid YouTube auto-embed

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    and we got the previews on amazon.de: http://www.amazon.de/Moment-Realize-...3764871&sr=8-1

funny thing is that they've since deleted the preview for the bonus track war.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    best track so far. love it!

anyone know which versions will contain War? Thanks

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Guess it is just for the digital version. Don't know if it's Germany or Europe exclusive, but my iTunes has "my gun" as track 16 while amazon.de has "war" as a bonus track.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Jesus. I'm gonna lose my shit once I can get to one of the upcoming shows. This album can't get here fast enough. Especially because I get the feeling that Wes is holding back the best songs for the official release.

Not that I think there's anything wrong with the ones we've heard so far. Just a gut feeling that even better things are in store.

Edit: I'll never understand why some "clean" copies of albums exist - like Cruel Melody. Who out there thinks their kid can handle all of the themes and images from that record, but just isn't ready for them to hear the F-bomb yet? I know this is the wrong place to bitch about that, I just wanted to say something after seeing the "clean" version in the iTunes store. :P
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 08-01-2012 at 04:44 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Edit: I'll never understand why some "clean" copies of albums exist - like Cruel Melody. Who out there thinks their kid can handle all of the themes and images from that record, but just isn't ready for them to hear the F-bomb yet? I know this is the wrong place to bitch about that, I just wanted to say something after seeing the "clean" version in the iTunes store. :P
    can you imagine a "clean" version of the downward spiral. hahahaha.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    can you imagine a "clean" version of the downward spiral. hahahaha.
    if you've ever heard the "clean pussy" edit of Closer, you'll already know how ridiculous that would sound. i think there's a clean version of March of the Pigs as well, on one of the promos.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Just pre-ordered from amazon. I completely forgot a new album was in the works until I stumbled across this thread, glad I did.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Aha, finally, it leaked!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    edit: nevermind, found it.

first impressions: the lyrics are really dumb. i mean, the lyrics from "Cruel Melody" weren't groundbreaking or anything, but they had some depth to them for the most part. this album... not so much. there's a lot of generic imagery and repeated motifs. the music is good though, and i like the way Wes delivers the vocals, so maybe it'll grow a bit more on me. i like the mix for "I Want You To" on this album as opposed to the one on the Underworld: Rise of the Lycans soundtrack. this one has less mud in the bass, so there's less distortion when you crank it up. i also really like "The Colour Escapes", and the little guitar jam breakdown at the end of "Torch From the Sky" is pretty sweet, nice and chill. i may post a more in-depth review later when i've had the chance to digest everything.
    Last edited by Demogorgon; 08-08-2012 at 10:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I cant wait to hear this. 6 more days :|

Those with it, MOAR DESCRIPTION!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    It's super good so far (track 4). Totally different from CM.
    Last edited by imail724; 08-08-2012 at 01:22 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Anyone care to help a brutha out? *Wink wink nudge nudge*

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Is this a legitimate "leak" or was it released in another country already?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Is this a legitimate "leak" or was it released in another country already?
    Leak, every failed link I'm finding is calling this a rough mix of the album.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Definitely sounds properly mastered to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just finished my first listen... it is very different from Cruel Melody, but still obviously Black Light Burns. To be honest, I'm not very impressed with my first listen. There were no songs I found myself liking but for "Bakelight" and, of course, the title track. I'd been hoping the album would be much better than some of the released songs--"Splayed", "Scream Hallelujah"--that I hadn't liked, but it's just not. At least, upon my first listen. Hopefully it'll grow on me, of course.

And is it just me, or is his vocal delivery getting worse? I know some of you will disagree with me, but he sounds very off-key and just plain terrible at times, especially in "Splayed" and "Scream Hallelujah"--and in a bad way.

Anyway, yeah, hopefully I'll be able to change my mind after subsequent listens!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    EDIT* Found it
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 08-08-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I certainly wouldn't argue against a link if anyone would be so kind.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    "Chapter 1" US tour dates are up on Facebook! As hoped, my pants have been shat.

"Black Light Burns U.S. Tour: Chapter One" Tour Dates (w/ Psychostick, The Witch Was Right):

09/13 – Lancaster, CA @ Industry Theater
    09/14 – Fresno, CA @ Babylon
    09/15 – Las Vegas, NV @ Bunkhouse
    09/18 – Austin, TX @ Dirty Dog
    09/19 – Little Rock, AR @ Juanita’s
    09/20 – Fort Worth, TX @ Tomcats West
    09/21 – Norman, OK @ Hidden Castle
    09/22 – Kansas City, MO @ Aftershock
    09/25 – San Antonio, TX @ Korova
    09/26 – El Paso, TX @ House Of Rock
    09/27 – Tempe, AZ @ Rocky Point Cantina
    09/29 – Sacramento, CA @ Boardwalk
    09/30 – W. Hollywood, CA @ Whisky A Go Go

For more information, please visit:www.facebook.com/blacklightburnsofficial.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Why do bands hit up the same cities and states every tour? Jesus Christ, no one ever books shit here rarely.