Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Light Burns

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Still not over The Damning Well dissipation... BLB was cool but didn't quite hit the mark for me.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Wes has mentioned on twitter that there will be a tour end of this year or beginning of next.
    Awesooome. I really need to start paying attention to my Twitter again...Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by _incoma_ View Post
    Still not over The Damning Well dissipation... BLB was cool but didn't quite hit the mark for me.
    I still can't forgive myself for going to a Filter meet and greet and COMPLETELY FORGETTING to ask Richard about The Damning Well, despite that being the only thing on my mind for a couple of weeks prior to the show. :P

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Love the news, the cover and the song!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I'm obsessed with Scream Hallelujah. Between that and I Want You To, this album is looking to be one of the best of '12.

Edit: not to mention How To Look Naked and the title track.
    Last edited by imail724; 06-10-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    I still can't forgive myself for going to a Filter meet and greet and COMPLETELY FORGETTING to ask Richard about The Damning Well, despite that being the only thing on my mind for a couple of weeks prior to the show. :P
    I actually met Richard Patrick last summer and the first thing I asked him about was the "lost" Damning Well material. He sort of laughed and said most of the original ideas ended up on various other albums (Anthems, CM, etc.). But then he did say that he hadn't spoken to Danny Lohner in a while and that he needed to "get back in the studio with him". Not like that is ever going to happen...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    That's about what I'd heard about it all, too. It's a real shame, because I feel like The Damning Well could have turned out to be one of the best "supergroups" out there. Part Filter, APC, NIN, BLB, all rolled into one.

What if it's being turned into the secret new project "FACPilteNINBLBr??"
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 06-11-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I absolutley love this new track and I Want You To. Buuut, I am really excited to see what happens with "TMYRYGTF" considering that track was a 8 min instrumental released a few years back.

anyways, glad to see an album come out in this day and age with more than 9 songs!

01. How to Look Naked
    02. We Light Up
    03. I Want You To
    04. The Girl in Black
    05. The Colour Escapes
    06. Tiger by the Tail
    07. Your Head Will be Rotting on a Spike
    08. Torch From The Sky
    09. Because of You
    10. Splayed
    11. Scream Hallelujah
    12. Bakelite
    13. Burn the World
    14. Grinning Like a Slit
    15. The Moment You Realize You're Going to Fall

And for those who have not heard the new song:

http://www.noisecreep.com/2012/06/01...llelujah-song/

Last edited by Reznor2112; 06-15-2012 at 11:27 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That's pretty damn cool. I have always wondered what could have been. It was totally the only other supergroup at the time other than Tapeworm and A Perfect Circle that seemed worth paying attention to. Hope some of those old demos make it out someday.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    As many times as I've listened to "Iodine Sky," I've NEVER heard those lyrics said at the very end. I don't know how I missed those. They completely change the tone of the song for me.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    As many times as I've listened to "Iodine Sky," I've NEVER heard those lyrics said at the very end. I don't know how I missed those. They completely change the tone of the song for me.
    Iodine Sky is so haunting sounding and somber. It gives me a feeling of dread when I listen to it. I love it. Walking outside in pitch black with it on your headphones and that's it makes the experience even better.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 06-16-2012 at 08:07 PM. Reason: ugly typos

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Iodine Sky is so haunting sounding and somber. It gives me a feeling of dread when I listen to it. I love it. Walking outside in pitch black with it on your ehadphones and that's it it makes the experience even better.
    That's kinda when I heard them for the first time. I was walking home from work one night, just me and an empty street, music cranked up (since it's a quieter song. I usually try not to completely zone out if I'm walking around at night). Then I could barely make it out, even at like, 75% volume. I had to turn it up all the way and really LISTEN to hear it. It was haunting as hell. That's part of what I love SO much about BLB's quieter/instrumental stuff. "The Moment," "Drowning Together, Dying Alone," "I Am Where It Takes Me," and "Iodine Sky" are absolute masterpieces in general, not just from the band. I really can't wait to see if any others show up on the new album.

Also, looking through their wiki and stuff, I never realized how many of the new songs were played on previous tours and stuff. He must have been sitting on a LOT of re-usable material, which is both good and bad. I was really hoping for an all-new album, but it's only inevitable that bands might re-use certain songs on later albums if they don't have a place in the current cycle, or even use parts from songs from other projects, like The Damning Well. Bottom line: More Black Light Burns is ALWAYS good, no exceptions.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    For those of you that have never heard it:

Edit: I've seen a video of him performing this track live, but I can't seem to find it... He played it by himself with a looper pedal and his guitar (+effects, of course). I love that sort of thing.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Live version of The Moment (in which you) Realize You Are Going to Fall

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Damn it! I knew it was one of the clinic vids. Good find!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    "Download the new Black Light Burns track 'Splayed' for free @ http://www.blacklightburnsofficial.com/"

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Fucking finally. Downloading now.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Can't fuckin' WAIT for this album. I went ahead and pre-ordered that limited vinyl...I'm not big into vinyl, but with it being limited, numbered, autographed with invisible ink, and having a download of the album (plus "maybe some bonus stuff"), I couldn't resist. My apartment's gonna have a blacklight for my Bioshock 2 posters, so this would just look really good in a frame nearby.

Edit: Also, it looks like they launched a new forum on cruelmelody.net. No activity yet, but eh, I signed up.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 06-28-2012 at 06:57 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    damn i really cannot wait for this to drop. Splayed is really good. I like that it is also a departure from Cruel Melody with a different sound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry if I missed it but when is the new album being released? I loved Cruel Melody and really looking forward to this!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Splayed is very cool. Digging it. Can't wait for full album.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by THE JOHNNY ROOK View Post
    Sorry if I missed it but when is the new album being released? I loved Cruel Melody and really looking forward to this!
    August

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    New video posted!

Black Light Burns, The Moment You Realize You’re Going To Fall: Chapter 1.
    Directed By Agata Alexander

http://blacklightburnsofficial.tumbl...-realize-youre
    Also: HOLY SHIT. It's already one month away.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 07-13-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    don't know if posted already, but amazon Germany has some snippets up:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B008...274127&sr=8-18

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Thanks, I'm loving those previews.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    sounds great, so War is a bonus track for the European version then?
    Hoping it's a hidden track or something cos it's one of my faves

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Awesome! That definitely pushed my enthusiasm for the album even higher. I'll definitely be purchasing this.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    It doesn't sound as coherent as cruel melody, but very interesting indeed. As I already enjoyed hallelujah and splayed I think I will be more than happy with this one!

I also get a huge kick out of that promo video. Especially when he's coming out of the waves. My love for this guy is totally restored. Wes used to be one of my ultimate teenage heroes back in the day and I remember being ultimately flattered talking to him and his brother on various occasions on the Eat the Day-message boards, but then I kind of thought I had outgrown him only to discover that he was not standing still at all. This guys' creativity just blows me away eventough I'm not 100% behind everything he does. August can't come soon enough.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    It doesn't sound as coherent as cruel melody, but very interesting indeed. As I already enjoyed hallelujah and splayed I think I will be more than happy with this one!

I also get a huge kick out of that promo video. Especially when he's coming out of the waves. My love for this guy is totally restored. Wes used to be one of my ultimate teenage heroes back in the day and I remember being ultimately flattered talking to him and his brother on various occasions on the Eat the Day-message boards, but then I kind of thought I had outgrown him only to discover that he was not standing still at all. This guys' creativity just blows me away eventough I'm not 100% behind everything he does. August can't come soon enough.
    He has great talent and has creativity through the roof. Baffles me why he went back to Limp Dickshit for a while before we could get this gem. I know he had no label but come on.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Heh, I thought this was pretty cool. I didn't know he'd popped up on this show. Or that he collected skulls.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I will reserve judgment until I hear the entire thing, but the two songs I have heard from the new album so far have been disappointing. Splayed is particularly horrible.

Edit:

Oh God I just listened to some of those previews and those goth vocals + 90s alt.rock riffs are not doing it for me at all. But in particular those vocals ugh.
    Last edited by aggroculture; 07-14-2012 at 06:14 PM.