Likes Likes:  0
Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Record Store Day!!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Record Store Day!!

Its time again for the 2nd half of 2011's Record Store Day releases that will be coming out on Black Friday!

For those of you who dont know about RSD, let me give you a quick recap of the yearly event......

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Record Store Day is an internationally celebrated day observed the third Saturday of April each year. Its purpose, as conceived by independent record store employee Chris Brown, is to celebrate the art of music.The day brings together fans, artists, and the over 700 independently owned record stores in the United States, along with hundreds of independent record stores across the world.Record Store Day was officially founded in 2007 by Eric Levin, Michael Kurtz, Carrie Colliton, Amy Dorfman, Don Van Cleave and Brian Poehner and is now celebrated globally with hundreds of recording and other artists participating in the day by making special appearances, performances, meet and greets with their fans, the holding of art exhibits, and the issuing of special vinyl and CD releases along with other promotional products to mark the occasion.

As of last year, the guys behind RSD have now started doing a second day, being black friday, where more extremely limited edition releases will be shipped out to indie record shops around the world. If you enjoy collecting vinyl, head on over to the official RSD website and take a look at the .PDF file that goes over all of the releases for Black Friday.

http://recordstoreday.com/Home

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For me, nothing really is standing out as a 'must have' with the exception of the Type O Negative collection. The Nirvana 10" box set is pretty cool, but I have a feeling that its going to cost a butt load of money. what releases are you guys looking forward to?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Really looking forward to the new Wilco EP being released tomorrow. It's a couple of outtakes from the latest album, but they were only available on the Deluxe Edition, which I never got a chance to get.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Is it April yet? This "holiday" is greater than Christmas...

Here's a few that are more than likely to be released this year:

Mastodon/Feist 7" Split (Mastodon covers Feist, Feist covers Mastodon)
    Flaming Lips collaboration with Prefuse 73, Neon Indian and Lightning Bolt

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I've still never taken part in this, for whatever reason it's always fallen when I've been away or committed to something else. Perhaps this year…

What's the biggest/best RSD thing I've missed?