Page 2 of 123 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Rammstein

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I'm more than happy to say that this band is finally rocking again. Saw them in Munich and then in Berlin last week and I could not have hoped for a better setlist and show. I really don't know which band I saw back in 2009. it just doesn't stand a change against Rammstein in 2011. I totally forgot about LIFAD and the respective tour. Made in Germany is what it's all about now and they seem to enjoy it more than ever.

if only that new video and song weren't that terrible. "Vergiss uns nicht" on the other hand is a pretty good track though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Would love to go, but 100+ for a ticket is pretty steep.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    will be going to both florida dates. taking my lil brother to pop his concert cherry. I cannot wait. and a hundred bucks isnt that bad really. who knows, this might be the last time we see them for a while. im sure after this tour starts their well deserved break.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    will be going to both florida dates. taking my lil brother to pop his concert cherry. I cannot wait. and a hundred bucks isnt that bad really. who knows, this might be the last time we see them for a while. im sure after this tour starts their well deserved break.
    Wow, jealous of your brother's first concert being a Rammstein show. You do know you are setting the concert bar pretty damn high to be met after taking him to this show eh? Seriously, Rammstein's live show blows everything out of the water.

But yeah, They have been touring machines for 2-3 years now. Looking forward to them actually taking a nice break and getting back into the studio to make some more music.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    WTF'NF is with the $150 floor vs the US $80. Insulting..

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally View Post
    what date?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Vancouver.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Anybody else doesn't feel LIFAD very much? hasn't grabbed me as other albums, includig Rosenrot which was actually awesome...
    I'm actually the complete opposite. Rosenrot is my second least favorite album, with Sehnsucht taking the number one spot. LIFAD and Herzeleid tie for my favorite, followed by Reise, Reise and Mutter​.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally View Post
    Yeah, I know do they think all of us Canadians are made of money? Just Because Vancouver is the most expensive city in the world to live in doesn't jusify the concerts being the most expensive as well. What's even more strange is if you look at the arena seating chart for the Rammstein show at rogers arena, every single seat in the WHOLE ARENA is open! Now at $100-150 each, that's being goddamn greedy. Especially selling those tickets behind the stage, who in the right mind would want to pay to not even see the stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    I'm actually the complete opposite. Rosenrot is my second least favorite album, with Sehnsucht taking the number one spot. LIFAD and Herzeleid tie for my favorite, followed by Reise, Reise and Mutter​.
    I don't like Rosenrot at all. It's my least faviourte album. I am very surprised you dislike Sehnsucht though, that's a masterpiece!
    That's my faviourte album by them, was the first album I heard from them back in 1997 when they were first breaking through the scene, and I was 14 when I got that album, so for me that album defined my teenage years growing up.

I would have to order the albums from best to worst like this: Sehnsucht, Herzeleid, Mutter, LIFAD, Reise Reise and Rosenrot.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 12-02-2011 at 01:23 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    For the type of show Rammstein puts on $150 is up there, but not out of this world. Hell for a Christmas present for my fiancee's brother I got him and myself Watch The Throne floor tickets. Set me back over $500 lol.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Are we ranking albums in here?

1. Mutter
    2. Sehnsucht
    3. Reise, Reise
    4. LIFAD
    5. Rosenrot
    6. Herzeleid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If we're ranking, here's my list:

1. LIFAD Special Edition (the bonus tracks win it for me)
    2. Reise, Reise
    3. Mutter
    4. Rosenrot
    5. Sensucht
    6. Herzeleid

I love all of their albums, so don't take it as me saying Herzeleid sucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't really have a rank, but I will say that Rosenrot sounds exactly like it is - an album full of B-sides. When it's good, it's really good, but when it's bad, it's pretty bad (I'm looking at you, Stirb Nicht Vor Mir). Reise, Reise, LIFAD, and Mutter are all my favorites, but I listen to all of them, depending on my mood.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    the german Rolling Stone has a 12 pages feature on Rammstein. you can check out one of the interviews (Christoph, drums) here:
    http://www.rollingstone.de/magazin/f...schneider.html

it's in german though, but he declares "Mutter" has their best album and the peak of their career. he also goes into detail why their US-tour in 2001 was quite a dissapointment and why the band was nearly facing a breakup twice.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    I saw these guys about 12 years ago with Mindless Self Indungence. Shit I'm getting old. I will be attending the Target Center show for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Unfortunately the ticket prices are too high for me to afford at the moment. Shame, cause I'd love to see these guys at least once in my life, been a fan for years now.

Also-
    1. Reise, Reise
    2. Mutter
    3. Rosenrot
    4. Sensucht
    5. Herzeleid
    6. LIFAD

Thinking about it, Rammstein is one of the few bands I can think of that have never put out an album that I dislike.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Just get seats. You don't want to miss this show.

I can't rank the albums because I love them all. I don't see why rosenrot gets so much hate.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I want more Rosenrot songs played live. And Donaukinder.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I would love to see Rammstein again (went to May 13th in Edmonton 2010), but i just can't afford to buy tickets right now, not only is it too far in advance it's too close to Christmas where most of my money is going to other things and i highly doubt someone would splurge that amount of money on me. Tack on travel cost and accommodation to Vancouver... not looking too likely, is it still not sold out or what's the deal? this time i would want floor as i was up on level 2 at the back of the stadium where you need binocs to see the band... a lottery winning would be awesome right about now.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I want more Rosenrot songs played live. And Donaukinder.
    I'm surprised not to see more Rosenrot songs on the setlist, especially after they did that poll about "What Rosenrot songs do you want the band to preform on their best of tour" and only mann gagen mann made the cut. I'd like to hear spring, Rosenrot, Hilf mir or Feuer und Wasser live. But more importantly, I wish they brought back Wilder Wein, that's my all time faviourte Rammstein "B-side". Feuerrider and hallelujah are great too.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I would love to see Rammstein again (went to May 13th in Edmonton 2010). is it still not sold out or what's the deal?
    Well, come again!! You said yourself It's rather far in advance, that gives you a few months to save. Seriously, who knows when the next time Rammstein might be back to Canada again, they took a 10 year hiatus to come back, and they are getting old. I wouldn't suspect them doing this for much longer, you really should catch another show while they are basically in your backyard.

Regarding the sales, yeah I just checked and floor are STILL available. You seem rather surprised that this show hasn't come close to selling out yet. On one hand so am I. In fact I'm a little dissappointed it's taking this long to sell as well, but if you read my post earlier in the thread I make some solid speculations on why I think the show isn't selling out, christmas time, too far in advance, price is too high are some factors and actually NO PROMOTION what-so-ever! We have a free paper every week that has concert listings and whats going on around town and they don't have the show listed in there for whatever reason. So, I bet there are some people that still don't even know about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone own the iTunes digital booklets for Mein Land and/or Made In Germany? I'm buying these physically and don't wanna spend double just for a pdf. Thanks!

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    PMed you the one for Mein Land.

I also need the one for MiG.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I just ordered mein land from a German store that didnt kill me. Lame that I have to wait 2 weeks for mig.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rammstein...I really donīt get the hype.
    The lyrics suck, the tickets are way to expensive.
    I paid 40€ for NIN two years ago, and they had to travel from the USA, Rammstein wants 55 up to 77€ and they are german.
    I really donīt know how people actually can pay so much money for bad lyrics and moneyloving freaks.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Well, I couldn't resist... I bought tickets to the Tacoma, WA show as well just now. Least these ones were only $70 each as opposed to the $155 ones in Vancouver. One Rammstein show is never enough! Floor for Vancouver and seats for Tacoma, 2 difference prespectives, should be good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    the german Rolling Stone has a 12 pages feature on Rammstein. you can check out one of the interviews (Christoph, drums) here:
    http://www.rollingstone.de/magazin/f...schneider.html

it's in german though, but he declares "Mutter" has their best album and the peak of their career. he also goes into detail why their US-tour in 2001 was quite a dissapointment and why the band was nearly facing a breakup twice.
    If you could possibly find or do a translation for this, I'd be extremely thankful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ima just fuck a scalper up the ass day of the show.. Or my friends may have got me a tik most likely

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I am very surprised you dislike Sehnsucht though, that's a masterpiece!
    That's my faviourte album by them, was the first album I heard from them back in 1997 when they were first breaking through the scene, and I was 14 when I got that album, so for me that album defined my teenage years growing up.
    Masterpiece? I strongly disagree with that. The first time I tried listening to Sehnsucht, I found myself skipping through every track and wondering at the end of the CD why almost every song sounded similar. It seems very clear to me that they were deliberately trying something a little more radio "friendly" on that album just to get a broader fanbase and it worked, but it comes off too distanced from the rest of their catalog. I'm willing to give it another shot, but I feel my opinion will remain unchanged.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Mutter sounds much more radio-friendly than Sehnsucht. And no less than half of Sehnsucht songs were already written by the time they went on tour for Herzeleid and were performed live simetimes during 95-96

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Sehnsucht, similarly to LIFAD, has some great songs but doesn't flow very well