Page 35 of 123 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 3665

Thread: Rammstein

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Its like if Gary numan and till had a love child, but all the talent was not inherited.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Nothing is more 'industrial' than a bunch of mid-40 something's working in an iron mill in slow motion

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    lol they even have their very own Flake etc.
    Probably done on purpose though their bald member should be thinner.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    At first I thought that was going to be a spoof on the Sonne video, ugh that was aful! I barely made it past the intro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If speaking of a Rammstein imitators,you should not forget about Völkerball (known also as Heldmaschine).
    They have their own songs,beside they sang Ram's songs.
    And to be honest,they are pretty good,they are much better than MAERZFELD.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Freshly surfaced family values pro shot footage.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Aroused by that.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    This is the same source that is on the VHS if anyone was wondering.

I always look at all the "bros" in the crowd and wonder if they even knew what the hell was going on and had any idea what awesomness was infront of them.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Has anyone heard any new, recent Emigrate news?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Besides just Richard is getting ready blah blah blah, not really.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post

Freshly surfaced family values pro shot footage.
    ... i really hope that means footage of the other bands exists, specifically Filter. that tour was the last time they were any good live, and the Hammerstein Ballroom show was pro recorded for radio. is the R+ footage from that venue?

the two bands were on different iterations of the tour, though. i just remember the TV special for the 2001 tour, which Rammstein weren't on.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I am not sure what the venue is on the video. I think its in the description.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    So almost 3 months since any posts, is it safe to assume R+ have officially disbanded???

(post 666 woot!)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Nah, they are taking a break. Long absence. I wouldnt be surprised if they announce that they are working on something next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Don't think any band has been rumoured to be splitting up so many times as Rammstein.

They have repeatedly stated that they are not splitting up and that they are still having fun doing this.

This is actually what I love about this band. They are completely quiet when there is nothing to say. And then they come back with new material and a tour and they're always amazing.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Till has stated a number of times that he would like to retire at 50 (which is only a couple of years away I think) but whether he will stick to that is another thing.

I do feel like their live shows need a total revamp. Too many of the same gimmicks are repeated. I saw them for the fifth time last year and I've been a big fan since Mutter was released but I'm not really desperate to see them again anytime soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Till is 51 already.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Yea. He did say that he wanted to stop once he hit 50. I think that this might be the last one. Who knows.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Ha ha ha well there you go then

I wouldn't be surprised if it just one more time around the block before they pack it in but who knows. Rammstein were actually the first professional band I ever saw back at Manchester Apollo in 2001 I think. It will be sad to see them go when they do.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Well, look who's finally finished his work:

While he goes on my nerve with his antics from time to time I still think he's the most interesting and creative member. Problably not the invention of the wheel all over again but I did like the last Emigrate album for what it was: catchy as hell with solid riffs.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Twilight View Post
    Till has stated a number of times that he would like to retire at 50 (which is only a couple of years away I think) but whether he will stick to that is another thing.

I do feel like their live shows need a total revamp. Too many of the same gimmicks are repeated. I saw them for the fifth time last year and I've been a big fan since Mutter was released but I'm not really desperate to see them again anytime soon.
    You know what? You're actually right. I think the LIFAD tour overstayed their welcome. They toured for nearly 4 years on that album, and in that time they came to many places they don't normally come more than once. I saw them in 2001 for the Mutter tour and was blown away. Then, then never came back to North America til 2010. 9 years later I saw them again for the first time in North America for nearly a decade and the show was awesome. Then they announced a whole string of North American tour dates in 2011 So I was like OK... let's travel for a few and I went and saw 2 back to back shows. Then they announced yet another string of North American dates for 2012 and I was like... uhm... ok.... is there new material or...? And it was the same show I saw the previous 3 times. My girlfriend and I both agreed we could "take a break from Rammstein shows for a while"

They used to be my all time fav band growing up, but then NIN claimed that spot. I'll still always love Rammstein, just not as much as I did growing up. I don't think I would travel to see another Rammstein show unless they got a whole new setup. The thing with R+ is they don't even change their setlist up at all between tour legs. So I think that's why it seems like it's stale after seeing it more than twice. They do everything spot on night after night, it's like a huge production and everything needs to be executed flawlessly for it to work, and I can understand why. They're dealing with alot of heavy equipment that blasts 20 feet flames, one wrong move and you're dead.

But, i'd still like to see them get some new tricks on their stage show. That's one of the best things about a new Rammstein album, they always have a brand new stage show to go along with it. If they just came back for 1 more album and tour i'd be happy. I remember saying that ever since "Reise, Reise" came out. I was like "damn, this band is too good to retire... just 1 more album please... 1 more album" and i'm still saying "Just one more album guys, one more album"

I'm gonna listen to some Rammstein now. It's been a while.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I would totally crave a club show tour around Europe. Each gig in a famous club, 2 nights back to back. Minimal pyro work but a bit more light trickery. That would be an awesome exit if they choose two quit any time soon. Ending it all not in a huge blast, but letting the candles slowly go out.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    I would totally crave a club show tour around Europe. Each gig in a famous club, 2 nights back to back. Minimal pyro work but a bit more light trickery. That would be an awesome exit if they choose two quit any time soon. Ending it all not in a huge blast, but letting the candles slowly go out.
    You've reminded me I was due to see them at The Astoria quite a few years ago in London, and they cancelled the day of the show because they obviously found out too late there was no way they could use their pyro at all. It was quite vexing especially as I really liked Clawfinger the support. I'd love to see this too, but I wouldn't hold my breath

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Well, look who's finally finished his work:

While he goes on my nerve with his antics from time to time I still think he's the most interesting and creative member. Problably not the invention of the wheel all over again but I did like the last Emigrate album for what it was: catchy as hell with solid riffs.

Can't wait for this!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Can't wait for this... era to pass as fast as possible. I hated the first Emigrate record to my guts. Hopefully they'll start new R+ album without too much side-project touring.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I manage to catch R+ every time they tour and have since 2004. Always love their shows despite the fact that once you've seen one setlist from the tour you've seen them all.

They have always thrown hints of a stripped down acoustic-y album/tour, it wouldn't surprise me if this was something they did in the future. If they were going to quit though, a huge bombastic Rammstein send off tour would have to be done. It will be very interesting to see what happens next with the band, although I wouldn't think anything will go down until mid-2015.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    The Emigrate record is out in early October already. I'm excited for the first single we will be hearing. Can't believe it's already 7 years since the last record.

Richard promised improved vocals and instrumentation... I hope he can meet those expectations.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    So Lemmy and Jon Davis are gonna be on the new Emigrate album... out Oct 17th

"Silent So Long" track listing:
    01. Eat You Alive (featuring Frank Dellé)
    02. Get Down (featuring Peaches)
    03. Rock City (featuring Lemmy Kilmister)
    04. Hypothetical
    05. Rainbow
    06. Born On My Own
    07. Giving Up
    08. My Pleasure
    09. Happy Times
    10. Faust
    11. Silent So Long (featuring Jonathan Davis)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    What happened to "I'm Not"?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Pretty sure we can count on bonus tracks and will most likely get b-sides with 1 or 2 singles.

Can't wait for this myself.