Page 73 of 123 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,190 of 3672

Thread: Rammstein

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    It appears so. I'm not really a fan of the very minimalistic approach they have taken with this record's art and lack of title. But I guess at the end of the day, it's the music that really takes the main spotlight. As long as that's good, the rest shouldn't matter. So far I'm digging what I hear in the clips.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    So much for Tallymann, haha.

The clean white artwork reminds me of the Made In Germany era.

...no deluxe edition with extra tracks?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Yeah, the art it's similar to "Made in Germany".

It's not the first time they had "minimalistic" art "Reise, Reise" comes to mind...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I wonder what the special edition on the website will be.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Wonder how hard vinyl presses will be to get of this when they hit pre-order.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I wonder what the special edition on the website will be.
    It appears that is just a "gate fold" version with the photos and the booklet part of the cardboard fold out (think of made in Germany packaging). The normal seems to be a tradition jewel case with a pull out booklet.

Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Yeah, the art it's similar to "Made in Germany".

It's not the first time they had "minimalistic" art "Reise, Reise" comes to mind...
    Yeah, but even the Reise, Reise cover had a certain charm to it. This one just seems... really lazy.

@Erneuert -regarding the "bonus track's" - Yeah, what gives? They said they recorded 16 tracks in total. I was hoping for a deluxe edition with the extra tracks. We know for a 100% fact they there is a stupid version of Ramm4 that was recorded though, because it was played during the Europe stadium tour teaser video.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 04-19-2019 at 12:37 AM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Maybe we’ll get proper b-sides on the upcoming singles for a change rather than remixes?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    That's true, they said they were going to have 5 or so music videos. Was just surprised to not see a B-side on the Deutshland single. Ramm4 would have worked well on there.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    I’m actually surprised they haven’t announced a butt plug flight case version akin to the 2009 dildo box, especially since there is a song called Sex on the album.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Give it time good sir, give it time. Once the "Sex" single comes out, expect a full blown sex toy box set lol.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    One of my colleagues is out for rehearsals now, and it's the first time in a while that I've actually had gig envy.

Not that anyone would have thought otherwise, but you guys are in for a great show.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Preordered the vinyl. This all looks nice!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    One of my colleagues is out for rehearsals now, and it's the first time in a while that I've actually had gig envy.

Not that anyone would have thought otherwise, but you guys are in for a great show.
    I've been a fan since 1997 and it's always been a dream of mine to see Rammstein in Europe, so I am pretty choked I couldn't make this stadium tour. I have no doubts that this show is going to be amazing in every aspect. They always tone their shows down a bit when they come to North America. So I'm with ya on this one. I have gig envy of anyone lucky enough to see one of the European stadium shows this summer.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Yeah, but even the Reise, Reise cover had a certain charm to it. This one just seems... really lazy.
    Yep, but after the highly-elaborated-so-produced "Deutschland" video, i don't mind....

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Yep, but after the highly-elaborated-so-produced "Deutschland" video, i don't mind....
    So that's why they skimped out on the artwork! They blew their art budget on the video! Makes sense now.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Second I read "I pre-ordered the vinyl" on this thread I immediately did too.

It's surreal in my brain that it's an actual option to do after 10 fucking years.

Even when I hold this in my hand and even after I've heard the album 10 times it's still not going to register for a good while that it's even real.

Hell yeah.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    So this will be the first R+ album proper not to have a title track.

...unless there is a hidden, untitled track at the end. heh heh

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
    Second I read "I pre-ordered the vinyl" on this thread I immediately did too.

It's surreal in my brain that it's an actual option to do after 10 fucking years.

Even when I hold this in my hand and even after I've heard the album 10 times it's still not going to register for a good while that it's even real.

Hell yeah.
    The scary thing is, that totally didn't feel like 10 years. 10 years on paper sounds like a fucking long time, but in reality, it goes by pretty goddamn fast. At least for me anyway. When I was younger the thought of waiting 5 years was excruciatingly long, let alone 10, but that really didn't feel like it was that long ago. Now that's a scary thought.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    The scary thing is, that totally didn't feel like 10 years. 10 years on paper sounds like a fucking long time, but in reality, it goes by pretty goddamn fast. At least for me anyway. When I was younger the thought of waiting 5 years was excruciatingly long, let alone 10, but that really didn't feel like it was that long ago. Now that's a scary thought.
    Ditto. When I thought about TDS being released in 1994 back in 2004 it felt like a century to me. Now it’s... well, it’s best summed up by the band:

Save each other from heartache
    for the time that you are together is short

For even if you are united for many years
    one day they will seem like minutes to you

Heartache

Save each other from togetherness
    Last edited by Erneuert; 04-21-2019 at 01:32 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Going to see Rammstein at Milton Keynes Bowl in the UK in July and I hope to fuck the weather holds up. Last time I saw them was at Download Festival 2016 (I think) and it was nicknamed Drownload as it just pissed down all day (in fact I think it pissed down all weekend but we were only there the one day thank God), it was a really miserable experience, couldn’t dance due to shoes just sticking in the mud and nearly coming off

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Ditto. When I thought about TDS being released in 1994 back in 2004 it felt like a century to me. Now it’s... well, it’s best summed up by the band:

Save each other from heartache
    for the time that you are together is short

For even if you are united for many years
    one day they will seem like minutes to you

Heartache

Save each other from togetherness
    First of all, holy shit I didn't realize that was THE WHOLE SONG there.
    I originally thought "that's a very nice part of the song he quoted there" until I looked it up to see what the rest of the lyrics were. Then my second thought was "This sounds WAY better sung in German. Sounds like crap reading the English"

I miss herzeleid.net That place was the bomb in the early 2000s. That used to be my mainstay until Jobarr basically got lazy and gave up on it.
    I also used to rock those free @herzeleid.net e-mail's like nobody's business.
    Ah, the good old days.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 04-21-2019 at 02:06 AM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    First of all, holy shit I didn't realize that was THE WHOLE SONG there.
    I originally thought "that's a very nice part of the song he quoted there" until I looked it up to see what the rest of the lyrics were. Then my second thought was "This sounds WAY better sung in German. Sounds like crap reading the English"

I miss herzeleid.net That place was the bomb in the early 2000s. That used to be my mainstay until Jobarr basically got lazy and gave up on it.
    I also used to rock those free @herzeleid.net e-mail's like nobody's business.
    Ah, the good old days.
    Yeah, the lyrics always seemed shorter to me in English.

I think the passing of time thing also feels a lot different now with the internet where you can easily go back to a particular virtual place in time on forums, etc, back to old archived 2002 ETS and such, whereas that didn’t exist in 1994. At least not to the extent that we have it available now. That time period feels like a relic.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Preordered the vinyl. This all looks nice!
    Where did you order your copy from?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Does anyone else keep getting reminded of That’s My Heart by Lindemann when you look at the song title Diamant?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Does anyone else keep getting reminded of That’s My Heart by Lindemann when you look at the song title Diamant?
    No, but my brain keeps seeing "Dammit"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Love Rammstein! Loved every album they have done and excited for the new one!!

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    No, but my brain keeps seeing "Dammit"
    lol.

your heart is a diamant, a bleeding treaaaaaasure...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Where did you order your copy from?
    Good old amazon. 30 EUR.