Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Is there a US pre-order/release
    It's through Pledge Music

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/rammstein

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post

1. Documentary Rammstein in Amerika – running time on DVD: 2h // TV Cut-down: 1h30
    This documentary by Hannes Rossacher tells the story of Rammstein in Amerika by focusing on the chronological development of events in the band’s history in North and South America. The film contains a great deal of unreleased footage from the band’s personal archives.
    The first two-thirds of the film portray the band and their rise in the US and Latin
    America up to 2001; their simultaneously regretful and disenchanted “Farewell to Amerika” following the events of 9/11; and their explosive return to a sold-out Madison Square Garden.

The film accompanies the band on their various visits to the Americas throughout the past 20 years.
    The film can be broken down into the following chapters:
    1990 – 1993 EAST GERMANY: Where does Rammstein come from? The bands in which they played in East Germany. Life and making music in the East.
    1993 FIRST US TRIPS: After the Fall of the Wall – impressions from the band’s first outside encounters.
    1994 RAMMSTEIN: Formation of the band. Development of the show concept.
    1996 BIZZARE FESTIVAL / USA / BOB BIGGS: First contacts with record labels in the US. Finding an agent. First club shows.
    1996 SUPPORT TOUR WITH KMFDM
    1996 DAVID LYNCH/LOST HIGHWAY: Cult and credibility.
    1997 DU HAST / RADIO / MTV: Commercial success.
    1998 FAMILY VALUES TOUR: Language and life on tour.
    1999 HEADLINER TOURS: Life on tour. Getting arrested. Concept of morals and art in the USA.
    1999 MEXICO / KISS / SAO PAULO: From feverish excitement about Rammstein in Mexico to the worst show ever in Sao Paolo.
    2001 PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TOUR & 9/11: Farewell to Amerika.
    2002 INTERNET / MUSIC-VIDEOS / TRIPLE X – The media landscape is changing.
    2008 “LIEBE IST FÜR ALLE DA” – Album Recordings in the USA.
    2010 USA – COMEBACK IN TRIUMPH: Madison Square Garden.
    Alongside the documentary footage, the film features a vast number of US and
    Canadian artists and interview partners, such as Iggy Pop, Chad Smith (Red
    Hot Chili Peppers), Moby, Melissa auf der Maur, Marilyn Manson, Kiefer
    Sutherland, Steven Tyler, Jonathan Davis (Korn), CJ Ramone, Scott Ian (Anthrax), Slipknot, System of a Down, KISS, and Taylor Momsen.

2. “Live from Madison Square Garden” – 18 tracks LIFAD Tour, Running Time on DVD: 01h41 // TV Cutdowns: 22/44/58 Minutes
    Live from Madison Square Garden, New York City / Concert Film. Filmed by 14
    cameras (PedDolly, Steadicam, Jib, Flip Cameras).

After 10 years of absence, Rammstein returns to the US. Following a tour in Latin America, the band plays their only show in the US at New York’s Madison Square Garden. The show sells out in 30 minutes.
    Tracklist:
    1. RAMMLIED 4:56 10. DU RIECHST SO GUT 5:03
    2. B******** 4:17 11. BENZIN 4:44
    3. WAIDMANNS HEIL 3:59 12. LINKS 2 3 4 4:54
    4. KEINE LUST 3:54 13. DU HAST 4:15
    5. WEISSES FLEISCH 4:47 14. PUSSY 8:50
    6. FEUER FREI! 3:37 15. SONNE 5:02
    7. WIENER BLUT 6:03 16. HAIFISCH 6:14
    8. FRÜHLING IN PARIS 6:03 17. ICH WILL 4:10
    9. ICH TU DIR WEH 6:40 18. ENGEL 7:38
    3) Making of “Liebe ist für alle da” – Running Time: 20 Minutes
    November 2008:
    Over the course of six weeks Rammstein record their 6th Album, “Liebe ist für alle da,” in Sonoma, California.
    A film by Paul Landers.
    *This disc is compatible with NTSC players

pre order link in description

That sounds bloody sexy!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Hmmm, I dunno... After watching that video of Rammlied, the prerecorded playback of the "Ein weg, Ein ziel, Ein motiv" section kind of sounds properly live to me and not prerecorded... anyone else notice that? It sounds more natural.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Interesting question, i never thought there would be any NEED for tape-backing Rammstein songs except for obvious woman choir samples in Du Hast, Engel, etc.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Interesting question, i never thought there would be any NEED for tape-backing Rammstein songs except for obvious woman choir samples in Du Hast, Engel, etc.
    They tended to use a lot of playback for LIFAD songs, like the "BUCKSTABUUUUUUUU" line and Wiener Blut ("DUNKELHEIIIIIIT"). As well as for Waidmanns Heil "STERBENNNNN" and in the aforementioned part for Rammlied. But in this video it doesn't really sound like it, which I prefer actually. The less playback the better.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    The one I question is the chorus to ich tu dir weh

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Hmmm, I dunno... After watching that video of Rammlied, the prerecorded playback of the "Ein weg, Ein ziel, Ein motiv" section kind of sounds properly live to me and not prerecorded... anyone else notice that? It sounds more natural.
    Honestly, Till's entire vocal sounds so perfect that I think it's studio fixed/re-recorded. I certainly don't doubt his ability, but when you consider how rough he sounds on Volkerball – which has a much rougher production compared to this new one anyway, even on the other instruments – this seems much less "live" in comparison to me.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Only way to compare is to listen to the bootleg. Or on YouTube videos.

Everyone cleans shit up for live releases, from pantera to halford.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    It took them five years to release this stuff, even after explicitly promoting the recording back then.
    Let's guess why ^^
    Rammstein are propably done for. Being a fan for the past couple of years has felt like watching a guy trying to produce crude oil by clinching stones really, really tight in his fists.
    Meaning to say: It felt pointless, bizarre and shameful. "Mein Land" was a great tune to go out with, I give them that. LIFAD was mostly a letdown for me, but I can see why some people like it, too. Matter all facts: Something was off with them during that period. The way they acted (or, at least, were promoted) alienated me.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrie_Schnee View Post
    It took them five years to release this stuff, even after explicitly promoting the recording back then.
    Let's guess why ^^
    Rammstein are propably done for. Being a fan for the past couple of years has felt like watching a guy trying to produce crude oil by clinching stones really, really tight in his fists.
    Meaning to say: It felt pointless, bizarre and shameful. "Mein Land" was a great tune to go out with, I give them that. LIFAD was mostly a letdown for me, but I can see why some people like it, too. Matter all facts: Something was off with them during that period. The way they acted (or, at least, were promoted) alienated me.
    Wrong. They're going into the Studio in September and hope to have a new album out by 2017.

I think LIFAD was one of the best albums they've done. I even like it more than Mutter. Different strokes for different folks.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Wrong. They're going into the Studio in September and hope to have a new album out by 2017.

I think LIFAD was one of the best albums they've done. I even like it more than Mutter. Different strokes for different folks.
    My sentiments also.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Also, I hope it's explained, in the making of LIFAD, what the significance of Till's live getup was with the feathers, light in mouth and red butcher's thing. From an artistic standpoint.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Hopefully it isn't the behind the scenes we have all seen before.
    Where was that released again?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    It's on YouTube. You see Richard playing ich tu dir weh. They tall about San Fransisco and Ollie hating it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So, I've never listened to Rammstein, thinking them too gimmicky or not interesting or whatever, but I've heard Haifisch on the radio 5 or 6 years ago and enjoyed it, so now I decided to give their music a try. And holy shit, Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da is one of the best albums I've heard in my entire life, and I'm not even into industrial / metal music. The additional songs on the Deluxe Edition are amazing, too.
    Though I'm now scared to check out the rest of their work, fearing I'll be somewhat disappointed.
    Last edited by Kunstmord; 08-18-2015 at 02:17 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunstmord View Post
    So, I've never listened to Rammstein, thinking them too gimmicky or not interesting or whatever, but I've heard Haifisch on the radio 5 or 6 years ago and enjoyed it, so now I decided to give their music a try. And holy shit, Liebe Ist Fur Alle Da is one of the best albums I've heard in my entire life, and I'm not even into industrial / metal music. The additional songs on the Deluxe Edition are amazing, too.
    Though I'm now scared to check out the rest of their work, fearing I'll be somewhat disappointed.
    to be honest, I think LIFAD is their weakest album despite being a great album

be prepared to be amazed by their other albums!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

You won't be disappointed.

Also, check out Till's recent solo work all in English:

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Start from the beginning and work you way through.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    You won't be disappointed if you do the exact opposite of what Conan just said and go backwards.

The shock from LIFAD to Herzeleid is staggering. Don't do it.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Honestly, Till's entire vocal sounds so perfect that I think it's studio fixed/re-recorded. I certainly don't doubt his ability, but when you consider how rough he sounds on Volkerball – which has a much rougher production compared to this new one anyway, even on the other instruments – this seems much less "live" in comparison to me.
    They used alot of pre-recorded vocals on that tour but it's mostly being done live and only really audible during Rammlied, Bückstabü and Wiener Blut. Other than that Till is in top form most of the time and he remained so on the MIG tour aswell throughout the years to come. I have a lot of issues with recent Rammstein live shows but one thing you can not argue is that Till is always prepared 110% apart from some minor incidents. The live mix on the other hand... well, every release so far sounds a little different and the timesof "rough" Rammstein are long gone if these times were ever there due to their very strict and precise sound.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure Stein um Stein from Volkerball had pre-recorded vocals in chorus

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I'm pretty sure Stein um Stein from Volkerball had pre-recorded vocals in chorus
    Definitely, yes.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    It's on YouTube. You see Richard playing ich tu dir weh. They tall about San Fransisco and Ollie hating it.
    How long does it go for? Just found this -

On September 25, Island/UMe will release RAMMSTEIN IN AMERIKA in 2DVD and 2Blu-ray packages, pairing the incendiary Madison Square Garden concert, expertly filmed and recorded in 5.1 surround, with a feature-length documentary film directed by Hannes Rossacher. A 20-minute film about the making of Rammstein’s sixth album, Liebe ist für alle da, is also included.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I think that's it. If it is, bummer

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Shit sauce!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I can't find it anywhere. I remember the short because they interview Ollie on a bus, they show studio pics that are in black and white. They said they made the record in San Fransisco then back to Berlin. It might be on the made in Germany stuff, not sure. I'll search for it when I can get a chance.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I can't find it anywhere. I remember the short because they interview Ollie on a bus, they show studio pics that are in black and white. They said they made the record in San Fransisco then back to Berlin. It might be on the made in Germany stuff, not sure. I'll search for it when I can get a chance.
    This reminds me of that interview where you see Richard (for like 20 seconds or something) perform Ein Lied in a studio or something like that. I really wish they showed him playing it all, I'd love an alt version of that song to listen to!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    So lucky I caught that live, though it would have been nice if they still included rein, raus in the setlist.