Page 21 of 123 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Thread: Rammstein

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Yeah, you're right. I was browsing through my videos (complete 2nd Berlin show and half of the Munich show) and the first time the backdrop changes from that ambient structures to the cell-like curtain is after Sehnsucht before Asche zu Asche. The cells stays until after Mein Teil where a industrial/factory looking curtain is introduced that stays until the end of the show (with the added propeller for the encore Mein Herz brennt).

So "Teppich" propably means backdrop. I was just asking since this is the first time I've heard/seen the backdrop being refered to as "Teppich" in German.

EDIT: Shit, shouldn't have dived too deep into these videos. Makes me really want to see them again!

Hopefully they'll have a few closing shows in Europe booked. I'm not too fancy for a festival gig, but I'd definately drive the way to Berlin again.
    Last edited by dlb; 05-16-2012 at 04:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    is it me or is till losing weight

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I'm still on a high from this show, I've been listening to Live aus Berlin on repeat in my car! Wish they'd played Seeman...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Man it is getting impossible to finish my Sehnsucht collection, the rest of the variants I need are only shipped within germany.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    I'm still on a high from this show, I've been listening to Live aus Berlin on repeat in my car! Wish they'd played Seeman...
    Seeman is awesome!

Right when I got home from the show, the first thing I did was try and see if it was convienent for me to hit another show on the tour. I have the long weekend off Sat-Mon, but the only show they are doing is the Denver, CO one on Sunday and flights are $700 each way, haha. Sooo.... I think i'll pass. But I really want to see this show again.

Hopefully we don't have to wait too long for them to be back, hell I've seen them 4 times in the last 3 years already from North American shows. It's getting to the point where, it's not summer unless there is a Rammstein concert planned, haha.

Richard said in an interview there might be 2013 summer festivals planned in Europe, if that's true I might have to keep the Rammstein yearly concert tradition up next year and plan a trip overseas.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Man it is getting impossible to finish my Sehnsucht collection, the rest of the variants I need are only shipped within germany.
    May I help you out? Which ones do you need?

On another note:

Does anyone of you own the Live aus Berlin VHS? I tried to track down a decent rip of "Bück dich" but apart from a few good (but not great) ones on Youtube and several downloaded videos in shitty quality I couldn't find anything. I find myself looking for it once in a while to no avail.
    Last edited by dlb; 05-17-2012 at 04:05 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Thanks.If you can help let me know. I need oli( non aus tour edition ). Schneider or till, depending on which one us waiting at my friends house.

I have a VHS rip of berlin . I'll upload when I get back from work tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    for anyone who has been to one of their shows recently, about what time does the band hit the stage? i get off work at 7:30pm with no chance of getting out early. i don't care about missing Joe Letz.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Joe performs a DJ set of Rammstein remixes to pump up the crowd. The second he finishes, the show begins. He's basically a movie trailer with no wait time between him and the beginning of the show.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    The band should hit the stage directly at 9pm and play til 11pm, give or take. Like mentioned above, there is no break between the DJ set and the band, as soon as he's done spinning the band appears out of nowhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The band should hit the stage directly at 9pm and play til 11pm, give or take.
    i figured that was the case. i just hope i make it in time.
    Last edited by batsy; 05-17-2012 at 11:44 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It might take you a while to get from Gotham City. Might need to find the batmobile.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    May I help you out? Which ones do you need?

On another note:

Does anyone of you own the Live aus Berlin VHS? I tried to track down a decent rip of "Bück dich" but apart from a few good (but not great) ones on Youtube and several downloaded videos in shitty quality I couldn't find anything. I find myself looking for it once in a while to no avail.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_Aus_Berlin

There is no uncensored DVD version of Live aus Berlin. However, the song "Bück dich" can be found on the Internet and on the Family Values Tour '98 DVD.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    I know, I know and I do have that Family Values video, but I really want a decent rip of the Live aus Berlin performance so I can include it in my DVD rip. Most of the videos on youtube are pretty bad in quality but I guess someone with proper equipement could get a decent result from the source material.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    I know, I know and I do have that Family Values video, but I really want a decent rip of the Live aus Berlin performance so I can include it in my DVD rip. Most of the videos on youtube are pretty bad in quality but I guess someone with proper equipement could get a decent result from the source material.
    Oh the performance on the DVD isn't the Live Aus Berlin one?

God that's way overdue to be re-released with Buck Dich on it on DVD.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Yeah, if I recall correctly, it was a marketing scam to get people to dish out the cash to buy both versions. I remember I fell for it too back when it originally came out, least I could have sworn I did, because I certaintly do not have a LAB VHS copy anymore, so i'm not sure what I did with it, but I do recall watching the Buck Dich version of that song on my TV and it wasn't streaming from the 'net so... I have no idea where that VHS copy went.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    here are the two versions which are of course pretty much the same, but still I'd like a decent one for my Live aus Berlin video:

Live aus Berlin

and Family Values:

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Conan should come through with his VHS rip. Hope the quality's awesome!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Sorry about that guys, I havent had the time. I will try to get up before I head out to band practice today. I hope I can find a site if not, Ill do dropbox

The quality is not perfect, but better than what it floating around. You can see this weird warp from the tape on the bottom, but it doesnt effect that actual show. This is how I got it, and if I had the proper gear, i would transfer my VHS to high quality.
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 05-19-2012 at 09:07 AM.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    take your time and don't worry! I've been searching for so long that I don't mind a little extra time waiting. You've already shared so much, we're thankfull for anything we can get no matter how long it takes.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Saw them in LA. it was entertaining. Don't think I'd pay to see it again tho. I guess I'm just not a big gimmick person. But it was good. I enjoyed it.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joymode View Post
    Don't think I'd pay to see it again tho. I guess I'm just not a big gimmick person. But it was good. I enjoyed it.
    Does not compute.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Reports are coming in that these kids played live before the DJ played before Rammstein came on stage:

http://herzeleid.com/forums/index.ph...473#msg1213473

"Denver was, of course, amazing. The kids who got so popular via this video played Ich Will and Sonne before the remixes started. Apparently they live in Colorado. The crowd loved them."

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Reports are coming in that these kids played live before the DJ played before Rammstein came on stage
    That's awesome! Hope someone got video.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    no words for this one.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Here are a couple of videos of those kids playing live in Denver before the Rammstein show

ALSO...

Everyone in the band except Christoph Look extremely pissed off and that they would rather be anywhere else in the world than taking a photo with 3 little children, haha.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Everyone in the band except Christoph Look extremely pissed off and that they would rather be anywhere else in the world than taking a photo with 3 little children, haha.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Since they hit the US thy all look like Snookie to me. Kinda reminds me of my last vacation to Australia.... all sunburned and shit. :P

But I think it really is a nice move to let these kids open up for them. Best moment of your life potential right there.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Reesh is the worst culprit. Fake tan much?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Damn, that is pretty cool.