Page 10 of 123 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: Rammstein

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    What the hell is that one labelled Morgenstern? Sounds live but really weird.
    Apparently this happened at a show in Finnland during the Reise, Reise tour where something went wrong right before they went into Morgenstern so they tried to fill the gap for things to work again by improvising. At least, that's the story on various message boards.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    The name's ManBurning, not BurningMan,

However, Ryan posted the link 4 posts above.
    Ryan: "fuck da police!"

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Correct on the piece before on morgenstern.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The Paris shows were filmed for a DVD, btw.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    They ALWAYS claim there will be surprises, since none of them know about a thing called the internet, especially message boards and fan clubs it seems, so the fans already know about everything. Prohibiting setlist.fm to put up a setlist of your shows won't stop that either.

While I love this band and I've been following their career for more than 12 years now... hell I even had a great time talking to Richard at some point, I really have to say that they are the most unoriginal and creativity lacking band to ever grace my iPod when it comes to offering anything other than a proper concert. Yes, they pretty much outdo themselves with this tour and give us a great setlist with some rare songs (not too rare of course) and amazing effects (although none of them are new, just re-arranged and very well put together). Yet there's absolutely no fan service apart from some anachronistic signing sessions and aftershow meet & greets that rarely produce any benefit (interviews, information on upcoming stuff, etc.) for people that didn't get the chance to score a backstage pass.

Most of the time I try not to blame it on the guys themselves, but more on their management and especially Manuel Fialik. It just pisses me off, since there is so much to do and explore for this band. Rather than coming up with something really cool and interactive (not counting an overpriced box set and some dildos) they churn out the same old stuff year after year while altering it just a tiny little bit. They seem lightyears behind what everyone else does to incorporate the media into their presentation.

Why? Only because it still works and money keeps flowing (yeah, I'm guilty as well)? I just can't belive how unpersonal and way over their heads this band is, was and probably will always be. As amazing as the recent shows were I couldn't believe my eyes how blindly some people are whorshipping this band as the second coming of christ. I've never seen a merch table going out of stock so quickly and so many people walking home afterwards with a shiny orange R+ bag containing lackluster designed shirts and heavily overpriced posters. Stuff like that really killed the otherwise great experience for me.

I'm really just ranting and letting some steam off, since I've had several discussions with fans over the course of this tour and the last one in 2009, but please, the opportunities are almost neverending, yet none of them are taken. Still people (especially on those countless facebook groups) are behaving like this is the first band they've become a fan of and clinging onto every little piece that other bands would consider absolutely obligatory. No wonder you barely meet anyone who's seen them live and bought their CDs before 2004...

I like what I like about Rammstein, but I just can't ignore what really annoys me and the recent discussions in the Tool & Puscifer threads on Maynard's dick-ish behaviour towards his fans just let that pop back into my mind. Doesn't look like a german-thing to me anymore, which I was blaming it to be for some time.

Maybe I am a spoiled asshole for pointing these things out, but hell, it's like watching your best friend selling under value. I don't want them to hop into the audience and hug everyone or come up with some witty anecdotes, but please: Surprise us! I know you can!

[/BITCH-MODE OFF]
    Sorry for the giant quote box, but I had to ask...
    Are you referring to their albums or just the touring situation? I've always wanted to check out more from these guys but never really got around to it. Picked up the album with Du Hast on it back when it came out and that's all I've got. Is their new material crap and just more of the same, or were you just talking about their live show setlist (or both?)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Damn dlb. I think you take this a bit serious. Its just a band.

You can't please anyone these days.

I'm not trying to be a dick to you or anything, but it's just entertainment.
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 03-09-2012 at 10:12 AM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Haha, fuck! What did I start? Didn't mean to cause such a hassle.

Of course it's just a band and I didn't want my rant to sound too serious either. It' just that some people I've come across at the gigs and the internet lately were getting on my nerves so severely with them clinging onto everything this band is offering, while most of it is what every other band is doing without announcing it as the next big thing like Rammstein do. It's just a feeling I developed over the time of being a fan and I won't harass you guys any longer with it. It's just gotten worse since the LIFAD tour and I wanted to get that out of my system and see if someone else feels the same. Nothing more. And it's good to see that there are people thinking the same (to some extend). And while they still might seem shiny, new and exceptional for people outside of Germany, they've gotten pretty repetitive in my book. I still enjoy their concerts alot (heck, they're among the best shows I've been to), because that's what they do best!

@Wolfkiller: Dig deeper. They are worth it! I wasn't complaining about their music really (both tour and records). That remains a question of taste and is totally up to you. I was only voicing my opinion about the awfully boring and cheap way they present themselves outside of their concerts and albums. With such big production and self confidence I expect a little bit more. Sorry, if it came across a bit too harsh. I tend to encounter some barriers from time to time when trying to express what's truly on my mind and writing it down in another language. Take it easy one me.

@Conan: No offense taken and thank you for the upload! That's the stuff that I'm talking about and while I consider LIFAD a pretty weak album it's nice to see how the songs developed and which ideas they were being tossed around during its making. Especially with Donaukinder, since it remains one of my all time favorite Rammstein songs aswell.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    They ditched Fialik, apparently.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Really? According to their webiste he is still in charge at Pilgrim management.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rammstein GbR,
    consisting of: Richard Kruspe, Paul Landers, Till Lindemann, Christian Lorenz, Oliver Riedel, Christoph Schneider
    Rammstein GbR
    Milastr. 2
    10437 Berlin
    Germany
    Contact to service provider and editorial office:
    E-Mail: info@rammstein-management.de
    USt-IDNr.: DE 173213819

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Dlb - I would quote your post but I think it's a bit long for that! I think the fact that Rammstein can seem aloof and disconnected is one of the reasons they are so worshipped, you can never be found out to be a dick head this way, I don't think people want to think too much!

Anyway, I have been getting photos from the London 02 gig emailed to me via some friends and I'm quite jealous as I couldn't go
    Last edited by WorzelG; 03-10-2012 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Typo

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Thanks for the clarification! Based on all the album rankings from page three, I ordered Mutter and Reise Reise (this beat out LIFAD thanks to my love of Amerika).

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

Some more general comments (haven't had time to digest or properly enjoy these yet since I've been drunk/hungover most days and uploading footage from the New Order gigs I've been going to. Things are finally starting to slow down) -

I love the demo vocals for the title track LIFAD demo, they sound a lot like the ones from Mein Teil which I think was reported before LIFAD came out.

Also, the instrumental "Waidmann" demo... holy fuckballs batman! That marching sound!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    You are gonna love mutter

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Wut!!11111111111111111111

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    You are gonna love mutter

was directed at Wolfkiller, not at you Ryan

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Fuck, I thought Mutter proper demos leaked too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So is the MSG/Montreal DVD or whatever it was still happening?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    As of winter '11 and the German Metal Hammer the DVD is never heard of again while the management is not giving an answer whether it is just postponed or scraped in favor of a MiG-DVD. Personally I'd hope for a MiG-DVD even more than for a new record.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I'm hoping for blu ray.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 03-17-2012 at 11:28 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    RAMMSTEIN will perform with MARILYN MANSON his world hit THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE live at this year's Echo Award show! The German music award ECHO will be broadcasted live in the ARD on March, 22nd at 8.15 pm. All fans can witness the performance at the same time via Live-Stream.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Just listened to the Los Plugged version, if anyone was interested in this, its a fan made thing and nothing official or a demo.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Can't believe they hit the stage with Manson and performing such an old song. I'm curious how they will bring Till into the mix.

While I enjoyed their performance in 2005 the Echo awards are pure garbage. Prepare for a major server crash when the R+ fans hit the live stream.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Alright guys here is a lil update on what I am trying to find and share with you guys.

Off that list there is Mein Land Keyboard solo. I cannot find for the life of me. I am going to just speculate that the instrumental version is the keyboard version. If I happen to find it then I will share, and I hope if any of you guys find it you will do the same.

Now on to what I happen to stumble across. I have found a third Mein Land demo with an alternate intro and ending. It is described as Mein Land demo 3. It could be fan made for all I know, but Ill upload it and you decide.

Now on to my next find in which I call Mein Land full. For those who got the single, the intro is cut off from the demo version. this version has the complete intro and is the final cut of the song. so for those anal completest like me, its a nice find. If its official or not is also a question in the air, but a nice addition.

I will have these uploaded tomorrow along with my Eisenmann findings and the eifersucht demo.

I am sharing these because I feel that these demos should be heard and not hoarded like what seems like the russian fan base is doing. I know they have a crystal clear copy of Stirb Nicht Vor Mir, but are holding on to that like it was the holy grail. Which it seems to be in the Rammstein demo hunt.

So look for the link tomorrow. If any mods dont want me to post links, just throw me a PM and ill figure another method to get these out to you guys.

Edit: I dont know if you guys follow Made in Germany radio on facebook, but they have uploaded 4 cd's worth of extended versions. Before you go and download, these are fan made versions of concert arranged songs. Bad editing in my opinion. For example, the version of Reise, Reise is a mix between Studio and Volkerball. Its sort of poorly put together as you can hear the cuts and crowd noise and such. Also they are tagged, you hear "Radio Made In Germany" twice on the song. That right there fucks with me a bit and a total distraction. Kind of lame if you ask me.

So if you are interested in those for some reason I can upload those for you as well. They are considering making Orchestral versions of those, and I am interested, but if 'Radio Made In Germany" is on them, fuck that.

sorry for the whiney rant.

EDIT 2: I just found the keyboard solo lol. awesome. tommorow guys I promise.
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 03-19-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?8rsoqq01rxf51r9

there ya go, enjoy!

I didnt add the mein land full version, because it really a waste of space. I deleted it myself. but I added lots of goodies.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    i found Stirb nicht vor mir demo easily, but i think it's not worth sharing because it sounds like taken from a warped tape, right?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I have it to, but we all want this one

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Russians only posting fucking samples??

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Yup. I don't understand why they can't just release it. Its not like they are sitting on a CD full of reise, reise demos.