161 Post(s)
    Anddddddd.....

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Man I love this song. They shouldn't save it only for Moscow.

Edit: even though Till fucks it up a bit here.

Last edited by Ryan; 06-29-2016 at 05:11 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I love "Moskau" too. Criminally underrated song in their discog.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    So has there been any full shows live streamed? Or has it just been a few songs here and there?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Only bits and pieces thus far, I believe.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Till is a victim of Russian propaganda. Jeeze, and we were only just talking about Moskau:

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/mobile...da/573961.html

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Till is a victim of Russian propaganda. Jeeze, and we were only just talking about Moskau:

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/mobile...da/573961.html
    Link leads no where?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Link leads no where?
    It works for me:

Rammstein Lead Singer Says He's Victim of Russian Propaganda

• The Moscow Times
    • Jun. 30 2016 17:01
    • Last edited 17:01

Till LindemannFranco Greco / AP
    Till Lindemann, the lead singer of German metal band Rammstein, claims he has been the victim of Russian propaganda, the Deutsche Welle news agency reported Thursday.
    The vocalist said that a fake photograph of him wearing a Putin T-shirt has been circulating in the Russian media. The shirt had a picture of a skull, not of the Russian president, according to Lindemann. The photo was taken in Moscow after his band played a show in the capital, Deutsche Welle reported.
    Lindemann also said that the Russian media deliberately misquoted him as saying that “[German Chancellor] Angela Merkel cannot boast of having such popularity as Putin,” and that he likes the Russian president for being “a strong leader, not a marionette.”
    The Russian media also misreported him as saying, “All these political attacks on your country are unfair.” The vocalist claims that all he said was “Moscow — great city.”
    A number of Russian news sites have since printed refutations of their original articles, but not in all their foreign versions.
    The photo also showed Lindemann holding an iPhone with a gold-plated bust of Putin emblazoned on the back.
    The company that makes these phones, Caviar, did give Lindemann the phone in the photograph but they edited their photo to show him wearing a Putin T-shirt and distributed it on social media. They have since published an apology on their website.
    Lindemann has hired a lawyer, and emphasized that he “in principle doesn’t make any political statements.”

Facebook
    Twitter

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/a...da/573961.html

They photoshopped Putin onto his shirt and attributed some pro-Putin and Russia quotes to him that he didn't say.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    That's stupid haha.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Saw the show in Quebec City last night. All I an say is what a show! Totally worth the trek across the country. At one point as I was standing there in the crowd 5 hrs before the band was about to start I thought to myself "this is insane, what's doing with my life, I'm getting too old for this shit" but once the band came on and the music started all those feelings went away. I immediately remembered why I spent all this time and money to see a band I've seen a half dozen times before, none of that matters when you're in the zone and the music starts. I'm addicted to concerts, no way I'm ever gonna stop!

With that said, this makes show #6 for me. It wasn't my favourite show of theirs that I've seen live (that goes to the show I saw in 2001 in Toronto for the mutter tour), but this may very well have been my favourite set list of all the shows I've seen. As nice as it would be to get something like eifersucht or alter Mann, or some other deep cuts, I'd say it was pretty damn good in my books.

highlights include the new song Ramm 4, which was my first time hearing it in his live setting, and what an awesome experience that was. The setlist started off on fire! From there it was Riese, Reise, Hallelujah, and zerstoren. I also really enjoyed Seeman and Stripped. Glad I didn't read any of the setlists before hand.

To top it all off, after I checked out of my hotel this morning as I was walking to thread station, I ran into Flake who was just casually walking down the street. That was pretty cool.

Really glad I was able to catch them this festival run. Looking forward to another round of Rammstein in the near future!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Saw the show in Quebec City last night. etc.
    That's awesome! I also went up for that show. Gojira absolutely destroyed – what a tight fucking band! – and obviously Rammstein delivered, as you said.

Still dislike "Ramm 4" but the spectacle of the thing is the whole point and that was awesome, so whatever, I got over it pretty damn fast.

Forgot the setlist so I was genuinely surprised at "Hallelujah." Such a great and underappreciated song in their catalog.

"Zerstören," "Sonne" (those flamethrowers!), "Du Hast" and "Engel" were definitely my highlights. IDGAF about saying DH was a highlight when Till fucking shoots a giant firework, it sends flares above the crowd to pyro cannons on lifts on either side of front of house, then the flares immediately head back to the stage for some more bangs. Holy shit!

The lighting rig is totally insane on this tour. The pieces constantly move, between AND during songs. The stage is never dull whatsoever; they got extra cool during "Feuer Frei" when every layer of lights seemed to have something different but complementary happening. I was in a great spot to see both the stage at decent size and the screens, so I caught basically everything. The screens ended up being important for "Stripped," as Till opens the song by singing all demented into the camera normally pointed at his crotch!

Definitely unforgettable. ... Where's that Made in Germany tour bluray?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Where's that Made in Germany tour bluray?!
    Yes, bring it onnnnnn!!!!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    RAMMSTEIN Is Working On New Music, Says Keyboardist CHRISTIAN 'FLAKE' LORENZ

August 26, 2016 0 Comments

During an interview with Kaaos TV conducted on July 2 at Provinssi in Seinäjoki, Finland, RAMMSTEIN keyboardist Christian "Flake" Lorenz spoke about the new song "Ramm 4", which opened the band's recent shows and which contains lyrics that seem to be a combination of various titles of previous RAMMSTEIN songs. Regarding why RAMMSTEIN chose to debut the track on the latest tour, he explained: "We wanted to show the world that we are still together and that we are playing and making new music."
    Lorenz was also asked about the progress of the songwriting sessions for RAMMSTEIN's next album. He said: "We have started to compile ideas for songs and develop them as a band. It is difficult to say how far along we are, because a lot of the time everything seems to be going well, and then there are days when we just want to start the whole process all over again. That is why there is no objective view about how far [into the making of the new album] we are."
    RAMMSTEIN last year released a 21st-anniversary box set, a numbered, career-wide collection titled "XXI". The set included the band's six studio albums, produced by Jacob Hellner and remastered onto 180-gram heavyweight double vinyl by Svante Forsbäck, as well as a separate rarities double LP, "Raritäten", including a previously unreleased version of the track "Los".
    RAMMSTEIN hasn't made a new CD since 2009's "Liebe Ist Für Alle Da".
    The band's frontman Till Lindemann last year released a debut album with his side project LINDEMANN.
    RAMMSTEIN guitarist Richard Z. Kruspe's EMIGRATE project issued its sophomore album, "Silent So Long", in November 2014 via Spinefarm.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    What's with the blocked video on Rammstein's youtube page?
    "This video contains content from UMG_MK, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Isn't UMG their own fucking label or whatever?

This video contains content from UMG_MK, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Have they announced any plans to release "Raritäten" in any other format for those of us who can't drop a couple hundred on a whole vinyl set, if you even want that?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post
    Have they announced any plans to release "Raritäten" in any other format for those of us who can't drop a couple hundred on a whole vinyl set, if you even want that?
    Nope. I highly doubt they ever would. You can buy the separate albums from the box on Discogs.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Nope. I highly doubt they ever would. You can buy the separate albums from the box on Discogs.
    Plus you can get all the rare tracks digitally elsewhere, except for the full band version of Los, although high quality vinyl rips of it have been made.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Plus you can get all the rare tracks digitally elsewhere, except for the full band version of Los, although high quality vinyl rips of it have been made.
    Don't forget there's a couple extended/alternate versions of the rarities too ("Das Modell" and "Donaukinder"). Then again, they're not exactly huge changes that make them better versions or whatever, so most can do without.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Don't forget there's a couple extended/alternate versions of the rarities too ("Das Modell" and "Donaukinder"). Then again, they're not exactly huge changes that make them better versions or whatever, so most can do without.
    What are the changes like in those two?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    What are the changes like in those two?
    The ones I have marked so far:
    Stein um Stein (delay effect in the quiet break)
    Benzin (extra "benzins" at the end)
    Spring (i forget the difference, it's an extra lyric somewhere)
    Te Quiero Puta (less/different ending yelling from the lady)
    Das Modell (shorter intro)
    Donaukinder (extended)

There may be other differences I haven't noticed yet. I think Space Suicide noticed a lot of these first.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Donaukinder (extended)

There may be other differences I haven't noticed yet. I think Space Suicide noticed a lot of these first.
    Any chance I could get mp3s of these? I only has Los.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I wonder what lyrics Till will use for the second album? He's done drugs, trannies, abortion, fat fucks, pissing... Will we get a scat song next?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Damn, now I don't know what to do with these extended/alternate versions from Raritäten. Should I add them to my Misc folder? Or replace the original album versions with these? Or add these at the end of their respective albums?

The only change I made anywhere is that I added the black box recorder intro of Reise, Reise to the beginning of that album.

Or maybe I'll just create a Raritäten folder and and put them all in that.

Scratch that, just doing it like this:

PPS - Does ANYONE have an mp3 of the Nymphomaniac version of Führe Mich?? I've looked everywhere and I can only find it as an "album only" track on iTunes - $16 for the whole thing which is ridiculous.

The song is arranged slightly differently and Till says "nymphomaniac" throughout it:

Last edited by Ryan; 09-09-2016 at 11:18 PM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Donaukinder (extended)

Man, that huge guitar riff that kicks in at 4:03 in original Donaukinder is totally gone from the XXI version and is replaced by kids/choir singing "wo sind die kinder?".

I love these alt versions. Weird how they didn't note it on the release notes or even on the box set itself.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Does ANYONE have an mp3 of the Nymphomaniac version of Führe Mich?? I've looked everywhere and I can only find it as an "album only" track on iTunes - $16 for the whole thing which is ridiculous.

The song is arranged slightly differently and Till says "nymphomaniac" throughout it:

Someone please find this before I shell out $16...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    someone please find this before i shell out $16...

pm coming your way!