Page 52 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 3665

Thread: Rammstein

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    The Percy MIG show is still a go for release.
    How do you know this?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Richard said three DVDs are to be released, the garden, the documentary, and the Percy gig. They packaged the first two together.

Now as of when the Percy gig is going to be released, who knows.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    I can't get beyond how awful Skills in Pills seems to me every time I give it a spin: does it grow on you?

Also, why did Rammstein not give the record any space to breathe and perform out there on its own before jumping back in with their own stuff?
    I'm confused and irritated with Rammstein right now. This is TR gatecrashing HDTA with HM all over again.
    It's limelight-hogging: side projects should get treated with a little more respect if they are wanted to be taken seriously.
    I don't know if I'd say it grows on you; I loved it at first listen and @Ryan seemed to as well (probably the most vocal fan of it on here), in general I haven't seen too many people saying their minds changed aside from "Well, I expected one thing, got another, now that I know what I should have expected, I can appreciate it for that." Don't beat yourself for not digging it and definitely don't force yourself to sit through it if you really hate it. Nothing wrong with not being into a side project at all.

I think it's safe to say that the In Amerika release would have been planned out for a bit now, considering how long that footage has been around. They've said they're going in studio this next year, and that could take a few years before we hear anything new, plus touring, so I don't think they're really hogging any space, just co-existing. Richard's had his Emigrate stuff and that seems to have been treated just about the same. Also it's worth nothing that from how Till and Peter have made it sound, Lindemann was more or less a "behind the label's back" type of deal, and have both said they already have a few songs sitting around and would love to do a second record, but that it'll be significantly harder to do now that their labels are aware of what they're doing. They also mentioned how touring really hadn't been a thing they'd thought about until people started asking for it, so really, I don't think it's a lack of respect at all, just that their expectations for the project were probably smaller than it turned out and that it happens to have been right around the same time as Rammstein doing stuff.

There was an interview with Till where he sounded really creatively reinvigorated from doing Lindemann, and I think it's just a good chance that doing this sort of woke him back up a bit and made him want to do more work in general. I'd say it's best to not see it as a bunch of separate entities that are clashing and see them as related and brother/sister projects that are coexisting. Hype from one builds hype for the other; time spent on one saves up energy for the other; press for one builds press for the other.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    ... Lindemann was more or less a "behind the label's back" type of deal, and have both said they already have a few songs sitting around and would love to do a second record, but that it'll be significantly harder to do now that their labels are aware of what they're doing...
    Labels are going to encourage the duo now that it's a bestseller!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey so, I don't know if it's a little bit off topic or too late but I'd like to know any some sort of information about Strib Nicht Vor Mir Demo.
    If anyone has the high quality demo, or I think I came across a link (which is no longer available) for a beta instrumental, or who might have the demo in a high quality version!

(I may have asked this question in the past so sorry if repeating myself :P).
    Last edited by Xendar; 10-06-2015 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Reasons

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Its like the holy grail of Rammstein's demo. Pretty much hoarded in the trading community. God knows what else exist out there. I gave up my search and such. As I have no leverage nor contact to even try to obtain it.

Because if I ever got my hands on it, Id share that shit here in a heartbeat.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Can someone remind me, what's so special about that demo again that it needs to be kept locked away in a vault? That song isn't even any good...
    Now if there were high album quality recordings of Sehnsucht or Mutter demos out there, I could understand hoarding them... But Strib Nicht Vor Mir?? Seems like an odd choice of a song to keep among yourself if you have it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    When Stirb Nicht kicked in on the credits of the In Amerika documentary, I thought for a second that it would be the demo version just so that they would troll the hoarders. But, no, it was just instrumental.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Can someone remind me, what's so special about that demo again that it needs to be kept locked away in a vault? That song isn't even any good...
    Now if there were high album quality recordings of Sehnsucht or Mutter demos out there, I could understand hoarding them... But Strib Nicht Vor Mir?? Seems like an odd choice of a song to keep among yourself if you have it.
    Basically, the Stirb Nicht demo that is out there is just Till on vocals and sounds much better than the version on Rosenrot. A low fidelity copy is out there in full, but the Russians leaked about a 30 second sample of an extremely high quality version, but not the rest. We are looking for it still.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Correct, also the context of the song is different. In the demo, its more of till talking about being alone and waiting for the person that is out there for him.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    back together recording!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

@Ryan
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 10-08-2015 at 01:26 AM.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Last edited by Wolfkiller; 10-09-2015 at 01:08 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    For that price, no thanks.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    I'm hoping everyone else feels the same way and it goes on sale before it sells out.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Fish On -

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Damn, beat me to it. Uploaded 42 minutes ago to youtube!
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 10-09-2015 at 02:48 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    That actually reminded me a bit of some stuff I've seen in iamamiwhoami videos.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I dont know if it was because of the beauty of the titties or the overall quality, but that was a much better video than Praise Abort.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Given the ending, I take the remix for Fish On will include some sort of accordion?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Oh, "G-Spot Michael" is auf Deutsch.

Edit - ah, the chorus is in English.

Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Please, jebus, make that PA remix the jazz version from the video!
    You got your wish.
    Last edited by slave2thewage; 10-10-2015 at 04:04 AM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    What an odd song...

Also, some guy on YouTube made 8 bit versions of Fish on and Praise Abort. Fish on works quite well in 8-bit, but Praise is almost unrecognizable.

Last edited by ManBurning; 10-10-2015 at 04:40 AM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    - G-Spot Michael is better than entire parts of the album but I get why it wasn't included since I'm guessing they had something of an "Everything's in English" rule. Regardless the start of it made me think Rammstein and Die Antwoord had some weird miscarriage of a song and I never knew I wanted to hear that.

- What a weird video

- Till with a beard and septum piercing is truly upsetting (then again I don't get the septum thing at all and have been suffering through this fad for a good year now, so it's more my problem)

- The little comedy bits between he and Peter in Praise Abort and now this with the violin are great and I'd love to see a more out-and-out comedic video for something, Golden Shower and Cowboy would be great ones for that.

- I'm really hoping we get more videos and definitely a more serious one for something like Yukon or Home Sweet Home. Yukon's a song that feels like it'd fit the same style as the Ohne Dich video.

- That's two songs in a row where their video version is better than the album counterpart. Anyone got a link to the lounge version PA remix?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, the septum does not really fit Till, but this beard actually suits him.
    G Spot Michael, is pretty odd, especially this high pitched voice that sings, as I understood Fick Mich, Bitte Bitte Fick mich is pretty annoying, yet the chorus sounds nice.
    Also, I doubt we will get any news from Lindemann for a while now since Rammstein is awakening from their long hiatus, and now it's time to return for the pre-production, but I would love to see some video clips on the serious songs as well, if they ever pick up Home Sweet Home, I bet it's going to be such a pretty and an emotional video.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xendar View Post
    Well, the septum does not really fit Till, but this beard actually suits him.
    G Spot Michael, is pretty odd, especially this high pitched voice that sings, as I understood Fick Mich, Bitte Bitte Fick mich is pretty annoying, yet the chorus sounds nice.
    Also, I doubt we will get any news from Lindemann for a while now since Rammstein is awakening from their long hiatus, and now it's time to return for the pre-production, but I would love to see some video clips on the serious songs as well, if they ever pick up Home Sweet Home, I bet it's going to be such a pretty and an emotional video.
    The beard does fit him very well but it just makes him look like such a dad if that makes sense, which he is, but still, it's just odd compared to how I'm used to him.

How much does Till really have to do with pre-production exactly? Genuinely wondering, is he involved all that much in the actual music process or is it the sort of situation like Tool where he comes in a bit later once they have things to offer to him for lyrical inspiration? Would definitely be interested in hearing about it. I know they have the whole "we operate as a democracy" approach, but I'd still like to know if Till contributes much in the actual musical and songwriting aspects or not.

HSH is one I'd be somewhat surprised to see a video of considering how personal it apparently is to him, but it would potentially be an incredibly strong one, for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    The beard does fit him very well but it just makes him look like such a dad if that makes sense, which he is, but still, it's just odd compared to how I'm used to him.

How much does Till really have to do with pre-production exactly? Genuinely wondering, is he involved all that much in the actual music process or is it the sort of situation like Tool where he comes in a bit later once they have things to offer to him for lyrical inspiration? Would definitely be interested in hearing about it. I know they have the whole "we operate as a democracy" approach, but I'd still like to know if Till contributes much in the actual musical and songwriting aspects or not.

HSH is one I'd be somewhat surprised to see a video of considering how personal it apparently is to him, but it would potentially be an incredibly strong one, for sure.
    That's true, it is somewhat unusual for me to see Till with a beard as well, but at the same time it's nice to see him a bit differently, more aging, but it's sad at the same time.
    And yeah, I don't really know how the pre-productions are going with Rammstein and how much Till is involved with the recording of the songs, so you're probably right in this one.
    Last edited by Xendar; 10-10-2015 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Dot

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I Love G-Spot Michael. Surprising to hear German lyrics though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A question, I like extending songs, and I have already extended most of Lindemann songs (I just finished G-Spot Michael), can I post it here?

(Oh and it's not on Youtube and if I am unable and someone is still interested, send me a pm)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone know somewhere I could order the vinyl collection from that will deliver to the United States?