Page 4 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Rammstein

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I really hope the deathstars do not support them down here in the us. I hope someone else will come in and support.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Mine just arrived from amazon with the "A/D" defect. I don't mind though really.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Bump for those who missed it -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Exchange of the Super Deluxe Edition
    DATE: 2011 Dec 5th

Following dispatch of the MADE IN GERMANY 1995-2011 Super Deluxe Edition, we unfortunately became aware that part of the production run contains serious defects. If you discover one or more of these defects in your box, you can exchange the affected part of the box. Below is information on what to do.

1. Some CDs and DVDs were incorrectly sorted, leading to duplication of and/or missing DVD/CDs. Duplicate DVD/CDs can be exchanged.

2. The inner edges of the box have not been deburred and are therefore quite sharp. This was intentional on the part of Universal. Anyone who is bothered by this can also exchange the metal box itself.

3. On some of the boxes there is also evidence of marks and/or printing errors on the box packaging and the metal slipcase. If you discover this error, you can exchange your box or slipcase.

4. There is some evidence of stained cloths. The cloths are there to protect the contents from rust stains, and so are intended to be stained at a later point. Anyone bothered by the current stains can have the cloth exchanged.

5. RAMMSTEIN had intended a different binding to be used on the 240-page photo book, one that allows the book to be opened more easily and lets the photos flow into each other cleanly. The book will therefore be reprinted to the appropriate standard and anyone who wants to can exchange the book.

As it currently stands, the Super Deluxe Edition in no way meets the standard of quality which was desired by RAMMSTEIN and assured by the manufacturer. RAMMSTEIN has carefully followed the entire production process; the above errors appeared in the few areas which are outside the control of the band.

Universal Music is therefore immediately offering anyone who purchased a defective Super Deluxe Edition the opportunity to exchange any faulty components, postage free, and has pledged to correct the defects quickly and without any fuss.

Anyone wishing to avail of this offer should please send an email, specifying the defect, to the following address:

rammsteinbox@universal-music.de

or call the following number:

+49 30 52007 2355 (10am – 6pm CET)

According to Universal, you will immediately receive further information on the processing of the exchange.

Universal has said that the exchange and shipping of the correct CD/DVDs and/or photo book will take place as quickly as possible. As the components now have to be produced again, the exchange may take several weeks. Please notify your defects to Universal as soon as possible, as Universal has only agreed to take the items back until March 15th 2012.

We regret the inconvenience and are very irritated that our agreements and specifications were not complied with by Universal and their suppliers.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    hehe

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    hey ryan what was your defect? I just got my Mein Land single in the mail today. I should be getting my box on the 27th.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    am i the only one who looks at this package for Made in Germany and asks why anyone would spend money on that? i enjoy the band too, but i really don't see the price justified whatsoever.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    am i the only one who looks at this package for Made in Germany and asks why anyone would spend money on that? i enjoy the band too, but i really don't see the price justified whatsoever.
    Yep, you are the only one. I've been trying to get my hands on one of these for a while now, but I refuse to order one on the internet, I want to do it the old school way, where you walk into a music store, go to the rammstein (or box set) section, see it, freak out, and purchase it. Don't worry, one day it'll happen. That' s how I found "Original Singles Kollection" back in the day, that was a good day.

The booklet itself is worth the purchase price.

EDIT: maybe they'll be nice and they will sell the box set on their upcoming made in germany North America leg of the tour, one can always hope!
    Last edited by ManBurning; 12-26-2011 at 02:20 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Nope only 22000 were made and America only got about 2000 or so. I got mine off Barnes and noble.com its still available.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    How much were these box sets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Mine is starting to show the intended rust/oxidising effects now. Looks pretty cool.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk!
    I paid 162 on barnes and noble.com. on amazon and ebay are going for way more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I ordered my Deluxe MIG, but my store apparently never got enough of them to deliver one for me, or so it seems ... Damn!!

The best thing about the Deluxe version must be the DVD with all the Making of's. I can live without the remixes CD.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    my box came with a faded A and D but I am just glad the contents are there. I can't complain either, I managed to score a free copy from Amazon UK after they made an error with my order.

I was curious to see which version of Pussy the dvd would have as well, looks like an edited version but with some nudity still there.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    The cheapest price I saw was at Amazon for $118.76 on November 13th. The price jumped to $143.99 on November 15th.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I kept the book and sold my (perfect condition) box set for about 100$ and got the limited edition of Völkerball with the photo book instead (sealed, 45$) and couldn't be happier. I only had the regular DVD for all these years and waited for the price of the big edition to drop.

I couldn't make out a huge different in sound with the remastered songs and the making ofs on MiG95-11 are basically all available on the Lichtspielhaus DVD and youtube already, while the "unreleased" making ofs are just interview-style commentaries. Some good stuff on there and I love those guys to talk and ramble on, but not really worth the 100€ I initially paid for the box.

on a side-note:
    The planned DVD from New York and Montreal is indefinately postponed, as the band's management had nothing to say about this "right now". (source: German Metal Hammer)
    Last edited by dlb; 12-27-2011 at 06:03 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I wouldn't be surprised if that DVD's replaced by one from the Made in Germany tour instead.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    let's hope so.

although a lot of people will be pissed that the setlist's too similar to their earlier DVDs. but maybe the LIFAD songs will be added as bonus.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [73] View Post
    The cheapest price I saw was at Amazon for $118.76 on November 13th. The price jumped to $143.99 on November 15th.
    Amazon UK had a typo on the price and sold it for like USD$72 and ended up not being able fulfill most of the pre-orders.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks for the info, LaneSax. I've spent so much money on deluxe editions in the past. If TGWTDT deluxe edition wasn't produced, then I would have purchased this Rammstein deluxe edition. I probably should have purchased this instead of the $300 TGWTDT deluxe edition. I have a feeling I would get greater enjoyment from this box set especially the photo book.

Thanks for sharing the pictures, Ryan.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    I kept the book and sold my (perfect condition) box set for about 100$ and got the limited edition of Völkerball with the photo book instead (sealed, 45$) and couldn't be happier. I only had the regular DVD for all these years and waited for the price of the big edition to drop.

I couldn't make out a huge different in sound with the remastered songs and the making ofs on MiG95-11 are basically all available on the Lichtspielhaus DVD and youtube already, while the "unreleased" making ofs are just interview-style commentaries. Some good stuff on there and I love those guys to talk and ramble on, but not really worth the 100€ I initially paid for the box.
    exactly. there really isn't anything worth the price. if the second disc were full of unreleased or rare material compiled, that could maybe bring up the payoff, but ultimately you pay $120+ for a booklet and some featurettes about making the music videos. everything else is old hat.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I sent back the part missing the "A" and "D" today and the booklet for replacement. The rest ist gut.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    let us know when you get it back. Mine is missing the "A" and im sort of hesitant in sending the book since I will be moving soon.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Someone at Herzeleid.com posted this yesterday:

"I received my new box and slip case. No more sharp edges and missing letters/numbers. Very good service from Universal. They will send me the revised book later and they are transferring the refund for the shipping directly to my bank account."

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Someone at Herzeleid.com posted this yesterday:

"I received my new box and slip case. No more sharp edges and missing letters/numbers. Very good service from Universal. They will send me the revised book later and they are transferring the refund for the shipping directly to my bank account."
    speaking of herzeleid.com, can you tell the admins there to check the e-mail and approve registrations. I got locked out of the forums 2 months ago because I decided to update my profile, I had an old outdated e-mail from back when I registered in 2001, so I added a new e-mail, not thinking it was going to need me to go into that e-mail and verify my identity. Now I try and log in and I get a message saying "your e-mail has not been verified, please resend activation code. And I do, and when I click it, I get an e-mail that says "thanks for registering, a member of our admin team will review your request shortly" shortly? That was 2 months ago, and I was already a member for 10 years!!!! Urgh... They don't reply to their e-mails, i've sent them e-mails on the main site asking them to look into it, and they never do.

Let me know what info I need to provide to the admins, my username there is ManBurning (big surprise)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    PMed one of the admins for ya.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Why do people feel the need to do crap like this? I mean really?

Damn you got me.

-The guitar track is my own

-The other channels were slightly freq shifted individually

-The final product was mixed and exported as a very low quality file

-The tracks were obtained from the leaked Waidmann's Hail multitrack

WildAbra 3 months ago

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Simply breathtaking.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Haha good spot Ryan, I noticed other typos as well in the dvd's subtitles but none as funny as that! Zoran loves the word Super too.

I must say I kinda like Paul Landers more after watching the Making Of's.
    Last edited by LaneSax; 12-31-2011 at 11:31 AM.