Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: TV on the Radio

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I hate to sound like that guy, but man I'm getting some NIN vibes off of Mercy. The verses remind me of Wish or something. It's so good.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Really good. Lots of stuff happening, in a good way!

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    That escalated quickly...

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Yeah I dig this. Good stuff.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Bumping again: sorry, i just needed to say that i need a fuckin' new album now!

Also: I bought "Nine types of light" yesterday and i¡m liking it a lot more than the first time i listened to it... definitely a grower!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Been a huge fan of these guys for a while now. I think Nine Types of Light was somewhat underwhelming, but I got to see them live for the first time right after it came out and it was phenomenal. They pack an intense amount of energy when performing live that blew me away. Really sucks about Gerard, though. He definitely was partly responsible for shaping the band into what they are today.
    Took a little while to grow on me, but Nine Types of Light could possibly be my favorite. It certainly isn't what I was expecting.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Decided to spin Nine Types of Light today and man I miss these guys. Such a wonderful record. I tried to get into Higgins Waterproof Black Magic band but it hasn't really done it for me yet. I checked TVOTR"s website and its now gone. I google searched after that and they are just on facebook now with a blurb on their label's site, but I did find a random tour date in Toronto playing the outdoor festival Luminato in June. Bam wasn't expecting to see them this summer. Doesn't even seem to be advertised at this point.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I grabbed tickets to the Toronto show. Very under the radar at the moment, yet still market price ($35). I'm hoping this is a warm up tour for a new album that could drop this year (i.e., we get to hear some new material). I found the last show I went to for TVOTR at the Sound Academy was mixed quality. They clearly mastered their older works and they sounded great, but the 'new tracks' from Dear Science (at the time) sounded rough around the edges. I won't place it all on TVOTR given the SA is terrible, but I came away a little disappointed given how much I really enjoy their sound.

I loved everything from Your Liars to Dear Science. Nine Types of Light ended up being my least favourite album of theres' (and that still holds), but I'm hoping the new sound brings back a little more aggression.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Going through my iTunes library, I found six songs from a live XFM session. Anyone have more detail about the recording or performance (my Google-fu came up empty)?

I'm thinking it was during promotion for Return to Cookie Mountain. Here are the songs: "Staring at the Sun", "Dreams", "Poppy", "Dirtywhirl", "Blues from Down Here", and "Province."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    For anyone who hasn't heard, TVotR announced their 5th album today, called Seeds. Sounds like it'll be a fall release. Really looking forward to this one!

Here's a teaser over at Stereogum and here's a related article recapping some of their best songs.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    at last!!!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pwing47 View Post
    here's a related article recapping some of their best songs.
    Fuck that, Dancing Choose is forever #1.

NOW YOU NEED THREE BUMPS BEFORE YOU CUT.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Clicked, link didn't work.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Yeah, it got pulled fast but​ it's floating around.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I own Dear Science. It's an interesting album, but not really my thing.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Got a nice hook to it. I like it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    That was really good, may get this album.
    Last edited by Omega; 09-02-2014 at 04:48 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Fuck that, Dancing Choose is forever #1.

NOW YOU NEED THREE BUMPS BEFORE YOU CUT.
    FOAM INJECTED AXL ROSE
    LIFE SIIIIIIIZE!

Amen to that one.

Really digging the new single. Another album to add to the 55 I need to still spin for this year...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Album finally has a release date...November 18th. They announced a few tour dates, too.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Sweet. They're opening for Massive Attack at the Santa Barbara Bowl and then playing a solo show the next week in LA. I'm glad I already had tickets for the SB show. I'm looking forward to this album and the tour dates.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Love this new song!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Really digging this song which is promising because I really didn't like their last one.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Pre-ordered the album and was surprised that the "Happy Idiot" download was an mp3 instead of my choice of formats. I guess I've been spoiled with NIN's music store. Thank goodness for what.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Good hook but it's not really my style. I think the band has really suffered since the death of Gerard Smith. Not only did the lineup switch hurt them but I feel like the writing has definitely changed. Probably for the better as the song writing has gotten better, I just haven't liked the style change.

I'll probably download this and catch them live when they come around.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I like the sales concept - buy the album, get a ticket to a club tour show.

In all honesty, I would have seen the tour regardless, but I doubt I would have preordered the album on its own. I was happy to pay a little extra, get the album, and ensure a ticket to the show. Especially since it looked like I was going to miss the gen onsale any way, so to pay an extra 12 bucks for the cd and a legit ticket, or pay more than that to a dickhead scalper if it sold out? The choice was obvious. Even though it pissed me off that shipping was an extra 10 bucks for a 12 dollar item, I'd still rather pay that then pay 11 bucks for a digital download and get a hardcopy. Man the shipping industry really does ruin everything that has the potential to be good and pure in the music business.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    that's a smart way to have their album climb the charts. every ticket sale = an album sale. If they played ten 5000 seat venues, that's 50 000 albums sold, just by touring. Smart.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Those vinyls look cool.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Woah, I finally am now getting around to listening to this new track and I really REALLY dig this.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I got tickets to the Boston show tonight, but I'll just grab the album the day it comes out instead of that pre-order.