Likes Likes:  0
Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: The Cramps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Cramps

Any of you fuckheads like The Cramps? If not, why not?
    Confrontational, fucked up, real rock n roll, the real fucking deal.
    Tell me what you think.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I saw them in a small club in the 80's in Columbus, Ohio. They were fabulous

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michalrose View Post
    I saw them in a small club in the 80's in Columbus, Ohio. They were fabulous
    You are so lucky to have seen them in their prime like that. I got into them quite late (10yrs or so ago) and never got the chance to see them do their stuff on stage. Thank god for bootlegs.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Hell YES to The Cramps. Raw, in-your-face & just plain fun, these guys definitely helped put the psycho in psychobilly if you look at some of their live performances. Very envious of folks who got to catch them live, & it was pretty sad to hear about Lux's sudden passing in 2009. Damn shame, that guy was one of a kind.

If you were ever curious about Lux & Ivy's musical favorites & influences, this is a great resource. It also includes an excellent interview w/the band.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^^ Excellent link, thanks for that, will check it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Discovered The Cramps on the Tube in about '83 went to see them the next two nights at Hammersmith Odeon...absolutely the BEST live act ever bar none...me and my wife were the only ones in the joint not all in black...we looked like Brad & Janet in the Rocky Horror picture show.