Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Years resolutions - apocalypse edition

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
    Actually finish and go through the entirety of P90X (I type this as I consume a vegetable pizza with stuffed crust dipped in ranch).
    I wanna do this P90X thing and share my newfound abundance of energy and enthusiasm with everyone I meet. I'm serious. Plus, being in shape and being able to complete the program will give a huge confidence boost.

P. S. We are really on the same page Torgo. I was talking to two of my friends yesterday about New Year's Resolutions and something that came up was that I want to become a vegetarian. More specifically, I want to eat whole vegetables, fruits, grains and beans while staying away from anything processed.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Actually finish and go through the entirety of P90X (I type this as I consume a vegetable pizza with stuffed crust dipped in ranch).
    Your New Year's resolution should be to never, ever change your avatar.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Your New Year's resolution should be to never, ever change your avatar.
    I'm totally ok with never changing my avatar. I think I've received more private messages about it than on any other topic.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I need to stop surrounding myself with people that need to be constantly helped or supported. Need to think about myself once in a while. Which sounds completely out of character given my ETS online persona...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christo View Post
    I need to stop surrounding myself with people that need to be constantly helped or supported. Need to think about myself once in a while. Which sounds completely out of character given my ETS online persona...
    This was one of my resolutions last year and it was honestly one of the best decisions I've ever made. I've felt much less stressed out and generally happier as a result.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i'm not one to make new year's resolutions, but i've got a few major ones this time around:

get health in order (denist, doctor, back issues etc.)
    stop djing

i reckon the second will have a positive effect on the first, but we'll see.
    Last edited by frankie teardrop; 01-03-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

please donate dope NOW for the apocalypse bong. thanks.

other than building an apocalypse bong for the 21st of december (satellite sized, i reckon):

i have successfully started each day with hot water and cider vinegar, so i would like to continue this.
    it makes me really hungry, which helps with resolution: eat food. good food. more than once a day.
    yoga. a quickie sun salutation takes 5 minutes. FIVE MINUTES, LEW. yeah. yoga.
    (body resolutions)
    you did good at calming that harpie temper with the kids...so now learn how to play. seriously. even if you feel stupid or are bored. they aren't kids for long.
    (emotional resolution)
    tobacco,for you Lew, is more mental than physical an addiction. mind over matter. yep.
    (mental resolution)
    continue parting the veil. it isn't scary, it is good. very good.
    (spiritual resolution)

good luck to all with their resolve! happy 2012.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Only the first month is hard. I felt great after finishing, but by the second month it kind of feels like you've been doing it forever, so I didn't feel necessarily accomplished when I finished as oddly empty, like, "What? I don't have to spend two hours today getting my athletic freak on while Tony Horton makes inappropriately peppy comments?"

Of course I ended up basically going right back to where I was before, but that's just me, I'm sure other people retain those habits and live better as a result.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by torgo View Post
    i'm totally ok with never changing my avatar. I think i've received more private messages about it than on any other topic.
    there's my chippy!

(edit: I'm sad that trying to "scream" that just gets it cut down to all lowercase.)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    My short term resolution: get a new job (I quit the old one last November)

My long term resolution: I don't believe that the world will end in December, that's silly. But the Zombie Apocalypse, that is serious business. So my resolution is to prepare for it.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    This year is pretty clear cut for me in terms of things that I'm going to be focusing on fortunately but of course it's those BIG LIFE CHANGES...

1. Graduate
    2. Move to NYC
    3. Find Job

as for personal life goals...

4. Continue yoga
    5. Continue anxiety management
    6. Continue biking regularly

I've crossed off "more sex" from this years resolution because something tells me I shouldn't be too focused on that part of my life right now...sigh.