Likes Likes:  0
Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: The Radio Thread

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

The Radio Thread

Terrestrial, Satellite and everything in between. I just downloaded the TuneIn app for the iPad and am finding some kick-ass stations, including Indianapolis' 92.3 WTTS.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Radio?! Who needs the radio? Ready Harry??

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Whenever we get in the car, the tuner's set to 90.9 WHYY-FM, Philadelphia's NPR station. Most of the programming's better than WITF-FM in Harrisburg, but I could really do without the gardening show, and fucking Garrison Keillor. I love love love American Routes though.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I would kill to have a decent radio station in the area. Sadly most of what we have around here are total shit. It would be nice to get some info on decent online radio stations though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Whenever we get in the car, the tuner's set to 90.9 WHYY-FM, Philadelphia's NPR station. Most of the programming's better than WITF-FM in Harrisburg, but I could really do without the gardening show, and fucking Garrison Keillor. I love love love American Routes though.
    WHYY, I recognize that from Fresh Air. I understand the dislike for Garrison Keillor, but I'm biased because I'm from Minnesota, and he occasionally has good musical guests. I too love American Routes, I bet Trent used to drive his Porsche around New Orleans listening to it for inspiration. My true hatred for an NPR program is reserved for Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, holy fuck is that show NOT funny. Other good NPR programs: Marketplace (especially the Tech Report), Fresh Air, The Story, Car Talk, All Things Considered. Yeah, NPR has been the only radio I listen to for years.

edit: Minnesota Public Radio has the Current, a great music station that also streams online.
    Last edited by chris; 01-03-2012 at 02:30 PM.