Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: How's the weather?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

How's the weather?

Report or complain about your local weather woes here!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Nothing to complain about here in western NC. Clear, cold and windy. The day started off raining and windy but it is supposed to be nice for the next two days.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Fog. Too much fog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It rained this morning. Glad I got my morning run out the way before it started pouring.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    It's been really nice the last few weeks. Not as much rain as I would like, but the weather is pretty perfect right now. Cool, but not too cool. After the 110 degree plus summer, this is a nice relief.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    It's been really nice the last few weeks. Not as much rain as I would like, but the weather is pretty perfect right now. Cool, but not too cool. After the 110 degree plus summer, this is a nice relief.
    You should have sent some that 110 degree weather up here! This summer was one of Vancouver's worst on record. We were the only city in Canada that didn't have the heatwave, instead we got buckets and buckets of rain. We didn't have the sun for almost all of July, which is virturally unheard of here. July is usually our warmest and sunniest month. I hate the cold and rain so much. We get 10 months of it here, I love 85-100 degree weather so much!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    Hey! They used a picture from the town next to my hometown where I also lived for a brief period of time. Alright. Exciting.*

*=yes, that's how pathetic my life is.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Getting Chilly, windy, and rainy. Kind of my favorite weather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No snow for Wisconsin, yet. Starting to get insurmountably upset about this.
    It's fucking December. Guh!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iamanexit View Post
    No snow for Wisconsin, yet. Starting to get insurmountably upset about this.
    It's fucking December. Guh!
    I can't STAND snow! I'm hoping and praying for a green christmas this year...
    That's not too hard to accomplish here in Vancouver, the home of the rain. But latley it's been colder then normal here. Normally it's around 6 degrees C and raining this time of year, but the whole month so far as been sunny and cold, between -2C and 3. Hopefully we can hold out the next 11 days with no snow.

I'd be happy if vancouver had a no snow 2011-2012 winter season at all, we always seem to get 1 or 2 freak snowstorms. usually in late november or beginning of december, then early feburary and mid march. We seemed to have by-passed the freak snowstorm so far...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    (No offense, but) I never understood why people continue to live in a place that receives climates and weather that they hate?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iamanexit View Post
    (No offense, but) I never understood why people continue to live in a place that receives climates and weather that they hate?
    And that my friend is why I moved from Winnipeg to Vancouver 5 years ago.
    Winnipeg is the home of 6 months of brutal winter, with temperatures dipping down to -50C in the dead of winter with 6 feet of snow from December til April.

Vancouver is Canada's "California" or as close to it as it's ever going to get. Trust me, if we could all just get up and migrate to California, Hawaii or Australia we would, least I know I would, can't speak for the whole country, but obtaining living/working visa's and becoming a permanent resident of another country is no easy task.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    And that my friend is why I moved from Winnipeg to Vancouver 5 years ago.
    Winnipeg is the home of 6 months of brutal winter, with temperatures dipping down to -50C in the dead of winter with 6 feet of snow from December til April.

Vancouver is Canada's "California" or as close to it as it's ever going to get. Trust me, if we could all just get up and migrate to California, Hawaii or Australia we would, least I know I would, can't speak for the whole country, but obtaining living/working visa's and becoming a permanent resident of another country is no easy task.
    Oh wow. Yeah, that's too much winter for me.
    Honestly, I just want snow in December and January, and then beyond that it can fuck off.

Also, I only commute by foot or bus everywhere. Never owned a car in my life. So that factors in to me not hating snow.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    We're getting so much rain, here, we're gonna have to start building an ark.

My dog and I wish this was SNOW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I live in Duluth MN, right next to Lake Superior. It's snowy as fuck.

http://thefuckingweather.com/?zipcode=55803

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rainy, humid, and 68 degrees today. This is probably going to be a fucked-up winter, just like it was a fucked-up summer.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    Fog. Too much fog.
    Same. I can see shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fucking shit and disgusting and cold and windy and snowy and depressing and it's light for about 5 hours a day and I CAN'T WAIT TO LEAVE SCOTLAND TOMORROW FOR THE SOUTH.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I live in Northern Nevada and it usually starts snowing in October here. Unbelievably, it hasn't snowed here at all this year. No snow and Tool is coming to Reno. Something strange is afoot. Still sucks that we're looking at a high of 40F and a low of 7F this week. Meh, it's always 70F in my room.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    ^^Oh crap, it'd better start snowing, soon, we ski at South Lake Tahoe every March. Last year was EPIC. But we've had years where there was mostly dirt under the gondola at Heavenly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's 55 degrees right now. We had a sprinkling of snow the other day and it's been super cold, but that's about it so far. Really weird right now.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lady weetly View Post
    It's 55 degrees right now.
    48 degrees here in Highland Park and it's steadily dropping, into the 30s by evening rush hour, 27 overnight. http://www.chicagoweathercenter.com/forecast/

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rain. boo.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    ^^Oh crap, it'd better start snowing, soon, we ski at South Lake Tahoe every March. Last year was EPIC. But we've had years where there was mostly dirt under the gondola at Heavenly.
    I live about 30 minutes from Tahoe. Ugh, that place is always snowy. You'd think after living year for 15 years, I'd be used to the snow and cold. Nope, still hate every minute of it.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I'll take all that snow over sub-zero here in the Midwest, any day.

(Our skiing, here, mostly involves being on lifts all day on little runs until you can't feel your face.)
    Last edited by allegro; 12-15-2011 at 09:23 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sukey View Post
    Fucking shit and disgusting and cold and windy and snowy and depressing and it's light for about 5 hours a day and I CAN'T WAIT TO LEAVE SCOTLAND TOMORROW FOR THE SOUTH.
    Bad news - it's forecast to snow and hit 0c from tomorrow!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I am insanely cold right now. BAH.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    It sucks. It's cold, grey, wet and there's winds that make my house sway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Bad news - it's forecast to snow and hit 0c from tomorrow!
    Fml. East Coast trains are probably going to give up on me and I'll be stranded somewhere shit like York.