Thread: Film Composers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    ^ Agreed, nice post. Thanks to this thread I woke up this morning and played this beautiful and uplifting piece of music by Klaus Badelt and it started my day of perfectly. I stand corrected on my previous notion in regards to Equilibrium; The Time Machine is actually his greatest work in my opinion. Say what you want about the film, I know it has its problems, but I loved it anyway.

Another amazing score that has yet to be mentioned is Christopher Young's 'Rounders'. It has this dingy jazz/blues vibe that fits the mood of the film so appropriately, while still being epic at times in it's own right.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This is probably my favorite thread on this site. Can't get enough of films scores. Anyway, i came in here to mention Klaus Badelt but i see someone beat me to him.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentofChaos View Post
    ^ Agreed, nice post. Thanks to this thread I woke up this morning and played this beautiful and uplifting piece of music by Klaus Badelt and it started my day of perfectly. I stand corrected on my previous notion in regards to Equilibrium; The Time Machine is actually his greatest work in my opinion. Say what you want about the film, I know it has its problems, but I loved it anyway.

One of the best soundtracks ever made for a movie so bad. My fav work by him by far. This score is a huge deal.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodSoldier333 View Post
    This is probably my favorite thread on this site. Can't get enough of films scores. Anyway, i came in here to mention Klaus Badelt but i see someone beat me to him.

One of the best soundtracks ever made for a movie so bad. My fav work by him by far. This score is a huge deal.

YES. Nice to know someone else who thinks so. Brought up the quality in the film so much, that by the time Filby flipped his bowler hat in the final sequence I was lovestruck.

It's such a shame that Klaus has been regulated to some pretty garbage projects as of late. And when I say garbage, I don't actually mean that necessarily, since his credits these days are mostly foreign films I have not heard of or seen. Either way his 'hollywood' reputation has clearly gone in the toilet for whatever unknown reason. Who knows - maybe he had enough of working on those kinds of projects?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's hard to say to be honest. Not sure what exactly caused that reputation to sink. Even the films that stink it up surely are seen as a separate space from the score (as with The Time Machine). But nobody seems to know how he went from Time Machine and Pirates to all the shit he's doing now. Seems pretty likeable too, not that that has to do with anything.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1d...rds-2003_music
    Last edited by GoodSoldier333; 04-24-2012 at 09:40 AM.