Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Podcasts

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Just a few:

The Pat McAfee Show - Ex-Indianapolis Colts punter Pat McAfee. Dude is hilarious and has some really good insight on the NFL.
    The Lowe Post - Zach Lowe (ESPN) talks about basketball. He has a great basketball mind for sure.
    Spittin' Chiclets - Part of the Barstool Sports network. Hockey podcast featuring former players.
    How Did This Get Made - Jason Mantzoukas, Paul Scheer, and June Diane Raphael discuss terrible movies, sometimes with an audience.
    The Bill Simmons Podcast - General sports and pop culture from The Ringer's Bill Simmons.
    SWIM (Someone Who Isn't Me) - Daniel P Carter from BBC1 interviews musicians/artists. They're not frequent, but they're always good.

There are various other sports-related shows in there, but those are probably my favorites.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    I know I'm late on this, but Limetown is AMAZING. Anyone who likes The X-Files or similar things should listen to this. The production is top-notch, the acting is surprisingly good and the story is incredible. I'm sitting at work with my heart racing and my adrenaline pumping. This is like watching a great TV show except in audio form. Highly, highly recommended.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    I know I'm late on this, but Limetown is AMAZING. Anyone who likes The X-Files or similar things should listen to this. The production is top-notch, the acting is surprisingly good and the story is incredible. I'm sitting at work with my heart racing and my adrenaline pumping. This is like watching a great TV show except in audio form. Highly, highly recommended.
    You should listen to Homecoming next. Love that one.

I listened to the first ep. of Ear Hustle which is produced by convicts in San Quentin. Great start out the gate, I hope they can keep it up. I'm used to tweeting at podcasters to let them know I listened, what I liked or ask a question. It's probably my main use of Twitter. These guys, you have to send a post card, old skool.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Here is what I listen to

Holybatcast- Best DC related podcast and best Batman podcast.
    H3H3 podcast- they just started and it streams on twitch live every friday.
    Rf4rm( real fans 4 real movies)- The main podcast to the sister podcast ( holy batcast) these dudes talk movies.
    smodcast- any kevin smith show from this network is great
    The Jasta Show- the best heavy metal podcast out there.
    Talk is Jericho- Dude is a great podcaster
    Steve Austin Unleashed- Love to hear stone cold talk about wrestling and his ranch.
    Joe Rogan- Everyone knows this one

Ill give a shout out to this one but sometimes, more than often, I want to strangle these douchbags because of their "know it all" negative attitude
    CUPodcast. Its great when they talk retro games, but total shit when it comes to everything else. Fuck Pat Contri.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    I listen to podcasts at work all day, which is kind of awesome. And I keep finding more and more good podcasts to add to my favorites list on Stitcher, and now I’m up to 22 podcasts that I listen to regularly. I think I might need a life.

Here are all my podcasts, for whatever reason. In no particular order:

Out Here in America
    The /Filmcast
    Bertcast’s Podcast
    Industry Standard w/Barry Katz
    Risk!
    Love + Radio
    The Hilarious World of Depression
    Good One
    Podcast Playlist
    Reply All
    Nancy
    The Heart
    Criminal
    Wait, Wait…Don’t Tell Me
    TED Radio Hour
    Snap Judgment
    How to Be a Girl
    Citizen Radio
    This American Life
    The Moth
    The Atheist Experience
    Kevin and Bean

…Yeah.

I have become addicted to storytelling podcasts. My favorites are, in this order: The Moth, Snap Judgment and This American Life. There are some other good ones on the list, too (The Heart immediately springs to mind). I’ve got a couple of LGBTQ podcasts (Nancy, Out Here in America, How to Be a Girl), science stuff, comedy stuff…so many different kinds. It really helps the work day go by a lot easier. It still amazes me that there is so much genuinely great free content out there.

Oh! Also, I will listen to Fresh Air, The Nerdist and You Made It Weird when there are good guests on.