Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Cigarettes After Sex

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Cigarettes After Sex

Any C.A.S fans in here?

I got into them last year around the release of the debut record, heard a bunch of their tracks on the radio over here, was surprised when I found it it was a male singer. Really dreamy sound that is consistent over their whole output and really relaxing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yup, I'm a fan as well. Heard Apocalypse first and also thought it was a female singer. Was supposed to see them live, with my (now) ex-girlfriend. It's a shame we broke up before our show date...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Thought we had a thread already? Maybe I just saw in the vinyl thread...either way, I'm a big fan. Missed them the last time they came through Vancouver but fortunately they're back in September...can't wait.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I had a check and couldn't find one, my bad if there is.

I do love their new track 'Crush' despite finding out it was recorded at the same time as the debut album. Looking forward to album number two, and sadly was supposed to see them live myself but ended up double booking on the night.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Oh yes! Saw them live two or maybe ven three years ago at an average sized club here in Munich and then again just in time for the record release at a sold out rather big venue for that kind of music. They really hit the nail on its head over here for some reason. His voice reminded me instatnly of a mixture between 3D and Lana Del Rey. I missed them sadly last week when they played an open air show here. Really nice and relaxing band that I hope to hear more from in the future. But judging by ticket sales we will!

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I really like 'Affection' a lot but the rest of their songs never grown up on me. Too repetitive.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    REALLY love these guys. The most sultry and seductive slowcore music I've heard in a long time. Picked up their debut album on vinyl earlier this year after listening to it like crazy when it came out last year ... hopefully they come to St. Louis soon.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I wasn't about their sound upon first glancing last year, but I recently got into them through last year's full-length... Moods aligned! Definitely picking it up.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Another new one that came out a bit earlier this month, totally missed this one! I bought Crush on iTunes but now it seems this ones been tacked onto the single as its b-side. It's called Sesame Syrup, sounds really similar to Truly but I can dig it.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/5084-Cigarettes-After-Sex

Any love for CAS? Their music is all rather same-y, but sometimes that's ok. Love the guitar, his voice and the lyrics.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Weird, I just started listening to these guys (this guy?) a week or 2 ago. Good stuff, albeit samey from song to song, like you said

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I've been listening for over a year or so now. I'll have a day where it's the only thing I want to listen to, and then I move on to something else. I think Greg Gonzalez does all the writing, but technically it's a band.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Any love for CAS?
    There was a bit in the original thread.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    One of the worst band names of all time next to diarrhea planet and the front bottoms, but homeboy can write really good music.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    There was a bit in the original thread.
    Apologies. I had looked back a few pages.

According to the CAS instagram there's a new song out tomorrow.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It's actually today, in less than an hour.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Oh, thanks!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New single is great. New album ‘Cry’ drops Oct 25.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    It didn’t hit me the way Crush did when it came out, but I’m looking forward to the new album.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Sounds like every other song they've released. They're the AC/DC of whatever genre they are lol

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    One of the worst band names of all time next to diarrhea planet and the front bottoms, but homeboy can write really good music.
    Don't forget !!!, Japandroids (who I love) & Pissed Jeans. (ugh so gross).

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    New single out today Falling in Love.
    Loving this way more than Heavenly.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I have to say with regret, that the new album Cry just isn't hitting the spot for me or my SO. Obviously change is inevitable, and that's fine. While CAS already has a chill tempo, this is even slower...coupled with melodies that feel overly simplistic and lack of that entrancing guitar sound... It's led us to some good discussions of it. Heavenly felt empty to me on first listen, and from September to October, I still never got into it.
    I never struggled to adore previous CAS work. When Crush came out, I just wanted to grab my SO and spend the day in bed while listening to it and older CAS songs.

I'm going to commit to a few more dedicated listens before laying judgment, but so far there's maybe 2-3 tracks that make it into memorable territory. Doesn't diminish my love for CAS; it just is.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Recently discovered this band, with whom I have quickly fallen deeply in love. I’ve listened to them almost exclusively for a month or so, and cannot tire of their aesthetic/sound/vibe. It is perfect for my current state of mind.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New album "X's" drops July 12. Preorders up. Also, tour announced.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I love the new single.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    New single is really good. I liked it more than the last album which didn't do anything for me ... even if it felt like a copy/paste job for the most part.

How they're playing arenas this year is beyond me.