Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Fez.

Sooooo awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ Fez is awesome.

The Diablo 3 Beta is open to everyone this coming weekend.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Have been playing Blacklight: Retribution, it's surprisingly good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    http://www.humblebundle.com/

Go and buy this right now.

Botanicula is the new one and it's wonderful. I've spent the whole time with it, so far, grinning like an idiot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    still playing the Binding Of Isaac to get everything.
    and Legend Of Grimrock. if you like old school dungeon crawling like Dungeon Master, then you'll love it.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I've been playing way too much of Tales of Innocence R for the Vita. This game is amazing, and it would be a real shame if they never brought it out in America.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Witcher 2. Having a hard time with it. Very cool game though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    blades of time now , nice fun hack and slash rpg

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Witcher 2. Having a hard time with it. Very cool game though.
    This. Having difficulty getting into it, but it seems like an interesting game. Though it's early days, so it may yet dig its hooks in.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've had the Diablo III beta for a while, but haven't been able to play through it until today. I didn't play the previous game - so I have no clue what's going on, but I found my first go at it with a Wizard pretty fun. If anyone wants to have a go with me, my battletag is "Torgo#1433"

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I just remembered the Dot Hack games from when I was in middle school.

I'm gonna have to see if I can get all four of those babies back.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I just finished the Dead Money DLC for Fallout:New Vegas, and it was a really awesome sub-plot from the main story, if it wasn't for a shitty problem where it'd CTD when opening any door, it would've been perfect for me.
    Spent ages trying to steal all the gold from the vault and make it out alive

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
    I've had the Diablo III beta for a while, but haven't been able to play through it until today. I didn't play the previous game - so I have no clue what's going on, but I found my first go at it with a Wizard pretty fun. If anyone wants to have a go with me, my battletag is "Torgo#1433"
    I've been checking out the beta myself this weekend. It's actually playable on my 3 year old Mac mini, which is better than how I'd made out with the Starcraft 3 beta. If anyone cares to add me, battletag is "ItsJustDave#1160". Not sure if I'll be playing too much til I get a new machine, but I just placed my preorder for the CE.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef of the Sea View Post
    I just finished the Dead Money DLC for Fallout:New Vegas, and it was a really awesome sub-plot from the main story, if it wasn't for a shitty problem where it'd CTD when opening any door, it would've been perfect for me.
    Spent ages trying to steal all the gold from the vault and make it out alive
    That one's my favourite bit of Fallout DLC. Excellent story/atmosphere even if the gameplay got frustrating at times.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xmd 5a View Post
    That one's my favourite bit of Fallout DLC. Excellent story/atmosphere even if the gameplay got frustrating at times.
    That was so fucking hard. That DLC was insanely difficult. I found it hair ripping inducing. I beat it 100% though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Really? The only trouble I had was the autosave/crash glitch.
    Bearing in mind I was level 40 when I went to Sierra Madre, even then the BAR you get absolutely rips through Ghost People, and I managed to find and destroy all the hologram emitters before they spotted me.
    Friend of mine said she had to cheat to finish, I just didn't see why it was even necessary.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Played a lot of Assassin's Creed over the weekend and I really like it. I never got around to playing it before because I heard it got really repetitive, which it does, but it isn't really bothering me at all. The story is shaping up to be pretty cool and it's a lot of fun going around and taking dudes out and then vanishing. Definitely going to play through the rest of them as well.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Played a lot of Assassin's Creed over the weekend and I really like it. I never got around to playing it before because I heard it got really repetitive, which it does, but it isn't really bothering me at all. The story is shaping up to be pretty cool and it's a lot of fun going around and taking dudes out and then vanishing. Definitely going to play through the rest of them as well.
    You're saying you're playing the first one, right?...Honestly, you could probably just skip it, read up on the story online, and go on to AC2. They completely change things in the second game. But don't let that stop you from playing the first game if you're really enjoying it! It's a good game for what it was. The others just improve on every single aspect to the point that they might as well be a totally different game.

I actually tried playing the first one like, a week ago...Shut it off after about 15 minutes. It's impossible to go back to that after playing the others. :P

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yeah I'm playing the first one, I figured I'd better start at the beginning, guess I should've asked around a little more. I only have 4 assassinations left so I might as well finish it since I'm enjoying it. Good to hear that the rest are even better, I am really liking this game but if I wasn't digging the story so much I doubt the gameplay would be keeping me interested. I actually almost gave up on it after the tutorial and a bit of gameplay but then gave it another shot over the weekend and turned out really liking it. Already added the second one to my Gamefly Q so I'll be starting that one within a couple weeks.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Found my PS1 memory card so I'm playing through Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions again.

Getting to play as Gray Fox is so exciting.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Got this from Target for $10.00. Glad I did, it's wonderful! Gonna have to go get the other 2 games sometime. Never really cared for this series before now but I think my opinions have changed.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    Found my PS1 memory card so I'm playing through Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions again.

Getting to play as Gray Fox is so exciting.
    Gah, I was so disappointed. I found a used copy of this the other day in some local store and it was all scuffed up to hell and back. I wanted to buy it, but that baby was beyond saving. How they justified putting it on the shelves is beyond me.

I just beat Silent Hill Downpour. Not a bad game. They could have taken a liiittle extra time to patch some things up and maybe improved on the whole "every monster is just a dirty-looking person" thing, and the lack of real horror, but on the whole it wasn't bad. Now to play through again for side quests n junk....

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    I just beat Silent Hill Downpour. Not a bad game. They could have taken a liiittle extra time to patch some things up and maybe improved on the whole "every monster is just a dirty-looking person" thing, and the lack of real horror, but on the whole it wasn't bad. Now to play through again for side quests n junk....
    I just got this Monday and haven't gotten too far yet - just got to Devil's Pit. I don't find it bad at all, no idea why all the hate.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    It's not bad. I'll probably buy it once the price drops some more. The only ting that reeeally got under MY skin was when the framerate just plummeted for no reason from time to time, as well as almost always while the game was saving.

I will say though, the orphanage is probably the scariest part of the whole game - for a LOT of reasons. (For example, dark hallways with little girls singing and laughing. FUCK.)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    It's not bad. I'll probably buy it once the price drops some more. The only ting that reeeally got under MY skin was when the framerate just plummeted for no reason from time to time, as well as almost always while the game was saving.

I will say though, the orphanage is probably the scariest part of the whole game - for a LOT of reasons. (For example, dark hallways with little girls singing and laughing. FUCK.)
    Yeah some framerate drops for no reason sucks and the occasional glitches I've had (like trying to open the first door in the game, which never showed the 'press a' prompt). I had to restart the game 4 times, delete the save files and clear my cache for it to work. WTF?!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Apparently, they've added a patch for Downpour to the big list of things they're working on to fix up the HD Collection, as well. They say it'll help with the framerate and some autosave stuff.

Is it just me, or are developers getting more and more lazy now that they've realized they can just patch up glitches a month or two down the road?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

suddenly recalled this and decided to replay. good shit

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Prototype 2 and Witcher 2.