Page 3 of 129 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I do, what do you explicitly mean by crash with? The Peace Walker co-op?

I'm game.
    It should be co-op. Almost sure the PSP version was/is. Since I finished ME3, been dabbling with the multiplayer and juggling that with Street Fighter X Tekken. I'm not really familiar with the tekken characters though. Haven't really played a tekken game since the second one. So, safe to say, there's a learning curve. Weird, since I've known the SF movesets since SF2 first came out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I Am Alive. Wow. Awesome. Rad. Best.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef of the Sea View Post
    Metal Gear HD Collection:

Anyone have this on Xbox? I don't know many people who do and wouldn't mind some other mofo's to crash through this with.
    Yeah. About halfway through MGS2 and have started Peace Walker. Currently playing ME3 but MGSHD is at the top of my priority list once I'm done.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by novacide View Post
    Really? I've heard a lot of negative things about that one. Downloaded the demo, but have yet to play it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Really? I've heard a lot of negative things about that one. Downloaded the demo, but have yet to play it.
    I'm reading mixed things on it. It seems like it could be amusing and fun but...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Played Journey last night, only took 2 hours to beat. It was pretty damn awesome though, I can see myself playing through it a ton of times. The trophies could be a bitch to get so that will keep me going. Having a co-op where you can't actually communicate with each other except for a symbol and different sounds makes it pretty damn interesting. It's pretty neat that the person can leave your game and then a few minutes later someone else will probably join. Very beautiful graphics as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Played Journey last night, only took 2 hours to beat. It was pretty damn awesome though, I can see myself playing through it a ton of times. The trophies could be a bitch to get so that will keep me going. Having a co-op where you can't actually communicate with each other except for a symbol and different sounds makes it pretty damn interesting. It's pretty neat that the person can leave your game and then a few minutes later someone else will probably join. Very beautiful graphics as well.
    Just played this last night too. It was pretty incredible. It reminded me a lot of Flower, but it was definitely it's own universe that you became a part of. I played multiplayer and experienced a strange bonding experience with them, even though we communicated with the white light power ups (or whatever you would call it). It was pretty weird and a uniquely amazing experience.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I just started playing Skyrim again. Level 6 now. So far I've become a werewolf, completed the Companions main quests. Main Story: I have to go visit the Greybeards. I also completed the College of Winterhold main quests last night. Being a Mage is so fun. Now I will probably just explore. EXPLORE ALL THE THINGS.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I do, what do you explicitly mean by crash with? The Peace Walker co-op?

I'm game.
    Yeah, CO-Op on 360 would be great, GT is "K1ng Thom4s"

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Operation Raccoon City. Not nearly as bad as a lot critics are calling than a 2/5. Only played two campaign missions. But, I had fun. Also picked up the silent hill collection. Probably try that out in a few.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yesterday was my birthday, so I decided to play through Journey. At the end I cried, and it wasn't one of those something in my eyes cry. I had to put the controller down and try to regain composure. I wasn't expecting the game to be a sort of Spoiler: Penrose stairs paradox on life and death. If you ever get a chance to, I suggest reading Jenova Chen's thesis. I believe he's one of the most forward thinking developers in the gaming industry. He can take my money any day.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iran_Ed View Post
    Yesterday was my birthday, so I decided to play through Journey. At the end I cried, and it wasn't one of those something in my eyes cry. I had to put the controller down and try to regain composure. I wasn't expecting the game to be a sort of Spoiler: Penrose stairs paradox on life and death. If you ever get a chance to, I suggest reading Jenova Chen's thesis. I believe he's one of the most forward thinking developers in the gaming industry. He can take my money any day.
    I thought Journey was an amazing game but I didn't get the emotional experience from it that a lot of people seem to. It is something I'll go back to and play every once in a while, it being a 2 hour or less game helps with that.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Fired up the old Dreamcast and wasted my time on Crazy Taxi!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    I thought Journey was an amazing game but I didn't get the emotional experience from it that a lot of people seem to. It is something I'll go back to and play every once in a while, it being a 2 hour or less game helps with that.
    I wasn't expecting to get emotional over the game. I think for me it was the first time a game that promised to be an experience that transcends gaming culture delivered. It made me think back to when Heavy Rain came out and David Cage was proclaiming himself the king of emotional connection in games. To me Heavy Rain tries to make you feel for the characters, and ends up falling face flat with it's own ignorance. I made a post about this on my Tumblr Wednesday. All the gloss in the world will never overtake the power of imaginative simplicity. I think of Thatgamecompany in the same way that I think of some of my favorite bands. A collective of like minded individuals who are working toward a common goal without letting the pop culture around them dictate their decision making. Along with Team Ico they are making the kinds of games that I wish were more prevalent. I shall now wait for The Last Guardian with baited breath.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Just started up Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days the other night. Pretty fun so far.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by novacide View Post
    Yeah, this. What a cool demo, thinking about buying it. Also I'm playing through silent hill and shift 2, both free this month on ps+.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Is it fun? I got the demo and haven't played it yet, but I read some nasty reviews for it early on. I hope it's as good as I hoped it would be.

Currently playing Vanquish. YEEEEEEEEEEEAH! Total shoot 'em up goodness. And totally not some kind of Gears of War/Halo ripoff. In no way, shape, or form...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Switching between Fez and Kingdoms of Amular. Fez has a pretty awesome soundtrack.

I played the I AM Alive demo and while I really hated the climbing aspect of the game, the way you interact with people was pretty awesome. Will probably pick it up but only when its on some sort of sale.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I bought Battlefield 3 on Friday and haven't slept since.

Just. One. More. Map.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef of the Sea View Post
    I bought Battlefield 3 on Friday and haven't slept since.

Just. One. More. Map.
    Took me a while to get into it and then suddenly it sucked me right in. Haven't played it for a while though, really need to get back into it

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Castle Crashers! I fucking love this game. From the animation which is amazing, down to the little score in the game makes it really enjoyable. Level ups, a lot of different weapons, magic.. everything that I love crammed into a really fun and addicting game. It is more fun with 4 player at home as apposed to playing online with other people. Everyone just looks out for themselves, but other than that I am loving this game so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm currently wasting my precious free time to "Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn" on Wii. Recently beat "Kirby Mass Attack" on DS.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Is it fun? I got the demo and haven't played it yet, but I read some nasty reviews for it early on. I hope it's as good as I hoped it would be.

Currently playing Vanquish. YEEEEEEEEEEEAH! Total shoot 'em up goodness. And totally not some kind of Gears of War/Halo ripoff. In no way, shape, or form...
    THESE FUCKING CREDITS ARE THE FUCKING WORST.

First off, you can't skip them, at all. Then, right after the closing cinematic, there's a mini game where you shoot meteors that have the staff's name and picture on them. You only shoot about 5 to 8 at a time, but after each set, the game stops for a second to display those same names together in a list for about 10 seconds. This keeps up about 500 times, and by the time you get to the director and the mini game/credits end....They start screen rolling the exact same fucking credits!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    THESE FUCKING CREDITS ARE THE FUCKING WORST.

First off, you can't skip them, at all. Then, right after the closing cinematic, there's a mini game where you shoot meteors that have the staff's name and picture on them. You only shoot about 5 to 8 at a time, but after each set, the game stops for a second to display those same names together in a list for about 10 seconds. This keeps up about 500 times, and by the time you get to the director and the mini game/credits end....They start screen rolling the exact same fucking credits!!!
    What game are you referring to? That sounds just... Just wrong

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnoorum View Post
    What game are you referring to? That sounds just... Just wrong
    Vanquish. I rented it after seeing a clip of it in another video I was watching.

It's a blast to blow through it on easy and just fuck things up left and right, but the plot is kinda weak and the dialogue is trash, and the credits were just icing on the cake. If the gameplay wasn't so fun, I wouldn't pick it up again. But I'll give it one more playthrough for trophies, take it back early, and leave it at that. Luckily, the campaign is also hella short. Taking my time, I beat it in 6 hours, so I can probably take it back before I go to work. Usually I can stretch out games like this for twice that long.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ah right. I own the game but never got round to completing it. It is good fun but generally need deeper gameplay in order to keep my attention. I'll get round to completing it someday and see those horrifying sounding credits.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Started playing Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational yesterday and love it, makes me wish I would've started playing this series a lot earlier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    WipEout 2048, fucking up the global combat ranking. Good fun.

All Vita -- Half-Minute Hero, Motorstorm RC, Pinball Arcade Vita, StarDrone Extreme, Alpha Mission.

Final Fantasy XIII-2.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Ghost recon future soldier beta is a hell of a lot m.ore fun than I expected