Page 76 of 129 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,280 of 3845

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    @Jinsai now I'm into Nioh! It took awhile but I really like the combat, maybe more than the other Souls games besides Bloodborne. I'm on the second boss, and she's fucking tough. I'm still a little confused on when to use ki pulse perfectly...but other than that I'm doing well with it.
    Oh, that second boss is tough... you need to have light armor Imo to really dodge her attacks... having a co-op companion on that one really helps... hopefully you're at the "secret" shrine that you need to drop down onto... from there you can quick-run right to the boss over and over again if you need to get the hang of her.

If you want to call me in for help, I'm Jinsai on PSN

BTW: The right time to do the Ki Pulse is pretty much exactly when you see the blue sparkles start to swirl around you. It's actually a pretty big window. One way to know with certainty that you're doing it right (and it's a good skill to pick up anyway, in my opinion) is the low-stance skill for two-handed sword that gives you a bonus to your attack if you time it right.

If you timed the ki pulse right/perfectly, you'll see a buff icon appear under your life bar after doing it in low stance (after buying the skill)

Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Cannot put down Horizon Zero Dawn at the moment. It feels so dam satisfying to kill the dinos in that game, and getting completely owned sometimes in the process. The side quests can be a bit repetitive, but they are still fun to do even if most of them are similar. Need one more power cell to get the Shield Weaver armor. Man, it looks so sexy and is op as hell.
    I picked this up, but I need to finish some other games I have in my backlog. There was a period of time there where it felt like there was nothing to play... Now I've got Nioh (almost done), I still need to finish off FFXV's end content (zzzzzzzz.... why am I doing this?), Yakuza 0, Tales of Berseria, Dark Souls III DLC is incoming, Horizon Zero Dawn, I want to grab Nier Automata but I'm not letting myself buy it until other stuff is done, For Honor, Valkyria Chronicles remaster, Ys Origins remaster, Rush of Blood, Resident Evil 7, Eve Valkyrie VR, Final Fantasy Type-o, The Last Guardian, Witcher 3... fuck I still have to finish I am Setsuna and Alien Isolation

I guess in some ways it's a good thing that South Park 2 was delayed to an unspecified date?
    Last edited by Jinsai; 03-13-2017 at 03:12 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I picked this up, but I need to finish some other games I have in my backlog. There was a period of time there where it felt like there was nothing to play... Now I've got Nioh (almost done), I still need to finish off FFXV's end content (zzzzzzzz.... why am I doing this?), Yakuza 0, Tales of Berseria, Dark Souls III DLC is incoming, Horizon Zero Dawn, I want to grab Nier Automata but I'm not letting myself buy it until other stuff is done, For Honor, Valkyria Chronicles remaster, Ys Origins remaster, Rush of Blood, Resident Evil 7, Eve Valkyrie VR, Final Fantasy Type-o, The Last Guardian, Witcher 3... fuck I still have to finish I am Setsuna and Alien Isolation

I guess in some ways it's a good thing that South Park 2 was delayed to an unspecified date?
    Yea, my problem with buying games recently is to get them immediately, and ask questions later. I am a pretty avid Destiny player, but with the recent and predictable winter content drought, I have been able to hop onto most of my backlog lately. I am still going through Mortal Kombat XL, Diablo III, Final Fantasy XV, and Doom; and not to mention the backlog of indie games I want to get to as well. Horizon has seemed to make me derail my goal pretty well this past week. I'm not even touching Nioh, The Last Guardian, or Nier Automata until I at least finish the rest I listed above. Alien Isolation was a fucking treat, I was able to almost 100% the entire game in about a month since I had the time to do so.

I still have yet to grab Resident Evil 7, Metal Gear... shit, it really is a great time to be a gamer, but jeeez... let me catch my breath.

And yes... it is a good thing.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Shovel Knight, beautiful game but wow it's hard as balls.. I'm only through the intro stage and Pridemoor Keep, died like 30 times at least lol

Haven't played a game like this in a while (besides emulating some NES classics and what not of course)

Definitely one of those games where you have to catch your breath after every stage you beat. I always feel just after I've successfully destroyed a boss that I'm gonna fumble and fuck something up cause my nerves are all over the place from too much adrenaline and euphoria. Damn gamer jitters... and It's like fuck can i just stop over-anticipating something happening and then jumping too soon or not hitting something at the right time...? jeeezus.

Love that this is getting free DLC, i got this game just in time for all of that it seems.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Haven't played a game like this in a while (besides emulating some NES classics and what not of course)
    That retro-hard old school genre is making a comeback... Check out Volgarr the Viking and Cursed Castilla. Great stuff.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Since I love open world games (I've spent more time playing the Fallout series than any other series, ever) I am all over the new Zelda. Basically whenever my fiance isn't playing it, and I'm not working/sleeping, I'm playing it.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    That retro-hard old school genre is making a comeback... Check out Volgarr the Viking and Cursed Castilla. Great stuff.
    Enter the Gungeon, Broforce, and Not A Hero are all fantastic for what they are as well.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    @Jinsai , thanks for the help! So you can achieve ki pulse anytime when the blue particles show up? Or is there a particular (perfect) time when you should hit R1?

I usually only play on the weekends due to time, but I'll add you anyway. Thanks!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    @Jinsai, thanks for the help! So you can achieve ki pulse anytime when the blue particles show up? Or is there a particular (perfect) time when you should hit R1?

I usually only play on the weekends due to time, but I'll add you anyway. Thanks!
    The sparkles will swirl out around you and make a sound. If you time it right (and there's a big window, if I miss it, it's usually because I hit it too early) there will be a sort of flash and a sound effect as the sparkles swirl in towards you... if you do it perfectly, there's also a kind of ghost shadow of yourself in the animations for a moment there...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Since I love open world games (I've spent more time playing the Fallout series than any other series, ever) I am all over the new Zelda. Basically whenever my fiance isn't playing it, and I'm not working/sleeping, I'm playing it.
    i can't stop playing and all my wife wants to do is watch me. it's almost 2:30am and i've been playing since 9pm. SEND HELP.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Anyone get in on Quake Champions closed beta?

If so what kind of specs have you got going for it?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The sparkles will swirl out around you and make a sound. If you time it right (and there's a big window, if I miss it, it's usually because I hit it too early) there will be a sort of flash and a sound effect as the sparkles swirl in towards you... if you do it perfectly, there's also a kind of ghost shadow of yourself in the animations for a moment there...
    Dude, that Umi-Bozu boss about made me ragequit Nioh. I spent over 3 hours trying to beat it...(but finally did and I'm hooked again).

Did you finish the game?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Dude, that Umi-Bozu boss about made me ragequit Nioh. I spent over 3 hours trying to beat it...(but finally did and I'm hooked again).

Did you finish the game?

Yup! It is really good in end-game customizing, if that's your thing. NG+ in this is WAY more extreme of a difference than in the Souls games, but you can always swap back, and they unlock new "final challenge" missions at the end to "bridge the gap."

My ultimate takeaway is that the game is fucking great, but it has some huge flaws. The biggest is the uneven gameplay difficulty spikes, followed by the woefully poor story (but oh well, skippedy doo da, skippedy day, what the fuck ever is this game trying to say...")... also, some of the level designs can fuck right off. You're about to hit one. Hang in there, it's a frustrating mess of reused assets and intentionally confounding level design.

Coming back to Dark Souls 3 for the DLC, I'm actually a little bummed the combat isn't more like Nioh... the versatility and control of combat are amazing in it, and it actually makes me kind of excited for the PvP aspect incoming.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 04-12-2017 at 03:02 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Yeah, with the story I have no idea what's going on. The combat is so satisfying though.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Cosmic Star Heroine

if you like old-school JRPGs from the SNES/Genesis era, pick this up now. This and Shovel Knight are the only Kickstarter-funded games I've played that pulled off what they promised to. This is a mashup of Chrono Trigger's combat, Suikoden's character art and companion hunting, and a world that feels like a cross between Final Fantasy VII and Phantasy Star 2/4. I hear that its biggest shortcoming is that it's relatively short and a little easy if you don't play on hard mode, but whatever. This could be my favorite indie title ever.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Cosmic Star Heroine

if you like old-school JRPGs from the SNES/Genesis era, pick this up now. This and Shovel Knight are the only Kickstarter-funded games I've played that pulled off what they promised to. This is a mashup of Chrono Trigger's combat, Suikoden's character art and companion hunting, and a world that feels like a cross between Final Fantasy VII and Phantasy Star 2/4. I hear that its biggest shortcoming is that it's relatively short and a little easy if you don't play on hard mode, but whatever. This could be my favorite indie title ever.
    I'm so glad this turned out well, I've been itching for something RPG like and neat to play on my Vita (this is on Vita still too?) thats not a weird stat heavy trope-y anime game. It's not out here til next week tho boooo

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I keep coming back to Alto's Adventure on my Amazon fire tablet, and good god, I can't believe how much I love this game. I bet I've played it for at least 200 hours.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidcalm View Post
    I'm so glad this turned out well, I've been itching for something RPG like and neat to play on my Vita (this is on Vita still too?) thats not a weird stat heavy trope-y anime game. It's not out here til next week tho boooo
    They had to delay the Vita version to meet the release date... though the PS4 version is cross-buy with the Vita version, when it comes out

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Playing Playerunknown Battlegrounds. Then on May 26, nothing but Friday The 13th.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Dove into Elder Scrolls Online last week and have decided to gear up for the Morrowind expansion this June. I bought it in summer 2015, played it about 2 weeks before I decided I didn't like it. It's a vastly different game now and my friend has wanted to play it for ages. I went from 17 to 33 in a week.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I played through 'What Remains of Edith Finch' last night. It takes about 2 - 3 hours to trundle through, but was well, well, well worth it. Think Gone Home, but with a magical realism bent. It has many unique little ideas for exploring narrative, most of which would be spoilers, but safe to say it keeps you engaged with different controls and interfaces. It also helps that the story is also engaging. Good!
    I'm also still trying to play Mass Effect Andromeda, but of all of peoples complaints, mine is I can't bloody read the screen without leaning way forward and squinting. The text is hilariously small and I have no idea what my objectives are half of the time. The actual Mass Effect bits are pretty good, is basically Dragon Age Inquisition in space, and I liked that.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Been having a blast playing the Serious Sam series, i finished The First Encounter and The Second Encounter, now I'm just in the midst of Serious Sam 2 with Serious Sam 3: BFE to follow afterward.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Outlast Trinity. I really love these games. They have since become one of my favorite horror series. I highly recommend this edition of you want to check them out.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Mario Kart 8 Deluxe came out for the switch today. I like it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Picked it too. Pretty fun. Current obsession is Persona 5. Holy shit that game is addictive. Also started playing zelda again too. Almost done. Prey demo sometime this weekend too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    We should become friends and play against one another....maybe an ETS race needs to happen!?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm totally up for something like that. 7016-1845-9506

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I'm totally up for something like that. 7016-1845-9506
    I will add you later on tonight when I get home. @tony.parente what is your gamer ID?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by notorioustimp View Post
    i will add you later on tonight when i get home. @tony.parente what is your gamer id?
    sw-0752-2201-8728!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    @Jinsai , rage quit Nioh Sunday...I can't do it anymore haha

Got to Source of All Evil and I found it insanely ridiculous...so I'm done. I don't have time to level up 20 levels to finish it.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    @Jinsai, rage quit Nioh Sunday...I can't do it anymore haha

Got to Source of All Evil and I found it insanely ridiculous...so I'm done. I don't have time to level up 20 levels to finish it.
    Oh, that level has a trick. It's not as bad as it seems.

You need to jam the spike that what'shisname gives you near the gate into the red crystals... there's three of them. That makes the swirling red spots on the ground turn gold. Standing in them boosts your amrita gauge. Also, you can fire the cannon near the entrance at the boss (once, before he destroys it), which I think lowers his HP?

If you have the three crystals converted, the entire boss area is filled with those gold spots, so you can pretty much permanently be in living weapon mode. Just slash his ankle and his he'll collapse with his head resting on the top of the cavern. You run up and slash him a couple times during that point and he's done.

Also, if you wanna power level, the sub mission where you fight the frog boss is super easy and gives you crazy XP. Just cast sloth on him, use a carnage talisman, and you can take him down in less than a minute. I did that for about ten minutes and walked away with twenty million XP points. Alternatively, if you want, I can hop into your game and help you destroy the Source of All Evil mission. We could really just rush into the boss chamber. In regular NG mode, my character is super overpowered... and unlike the Dark Souls games, they didn't properly nerf co-op players who over over leveled.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 05-02-2017 at 12:23 PM.