Page 82 of 129 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,460 of 3845

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Been playing a lot of No Man's Sky again. Ended up starting a new save after accidentally going to the 3rd galaxy with my old character, I've quite enjoyed starting over. Got a nice Liquid Explosives farm raking in some pretty good cash, will have enough to start freighter hunting soon. The Atlas Rises update and the subsequent patches have really streamlined this game, I fucking love it.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Been playing a lot of No Man's Sky again. Ended up starting a new save after accidentally going to the 3rd galaxy with my old character, I've quite enjoyed starting over. Got a nice Liquid Explosives farm raking in some pretty good cash, will have enough to start freighter hunting soon. The Atlas Rises update and the subsequent patches have really streamlined this game, I fucking love it.
    I've jumped into it a couple of times now and i can't really get back into it. I can't for the life of me figure out how to build a base (and i found a really cool planet too) i did come across a freighter last night and thought "i wonder how much that is" and then saw the price and turned it off.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I've jumped into it a couple of times now and i can't really get back into it. I can't for the life of me figure out how to build a base (and i found a really cool planet too) i did come across a freighter last night and thought "i wonder how much that is" and then saw the price and turned it off.
    To find a base you have to build a signal scanner and choose Habitable Base, then you go claim it and get to building. Freighters are definitely expensive, the latest patch tweaked the prices but I'm not sure how. I looked at one last week and it was 80 million. There are a bunch of ways to make money, farming/trading/scanning flora and fauna(this is actually worth it now with the new scanner upgrades). It's time consuming as hell but I'm basically addicted to it.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    To find a base you have to build a signal scanner and choose Habitable Base, then you go claim it and get to building. Freighters are definitely expensive, the latest patch tweaked the prices but I'm not sure how. I looked at one last week and it was 80 million. There are a bunch of ways to make money, farming/trading/scanning flora and fauna(this is actually worth it now with the new scanner upgrades). It's time consuming as hell but I'm basically addicted to it.
    THANK YOU! I'd have never found that bar doing a google search, i'm finally building a base (not sure about the planet, it looks nice and is tropical with a space station almost directly above me...but it does love an acid rain storm)
    As far as Freighters go i'm a long way off, the one i saw was priced 164,000,000!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    THANK YOU! I'd have never found that bar doing a google search, i'm finally building a base (not sure about the planet, it looks nice and is tropical with a space station almost directly above me...but it does love an acid rain storm)
    As far as Freighters go i'm a long way off, the one i saw was priced 164,000,000!
    Happy to help! Warning about your base, if you build a bunch and then move your base to a new planet you'll only have about a third of the resources you used available in the cache at the new base. So if you're not sure about your current planet you might not want to go too crazy with building. If you want any other info post in the thread for the game so we don't keep spamming this one

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash arrived yesterday...it's pretty fun (word of warning if you're thinking of googling the game, it's probably NSFW )

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    Diablo 3. I have a level 632 wizard and now I started over as a Demon Hunter that is currently level 22. I'm really addicted to this game. I'm getting the Necromancer DLC soon. The gear alone looks badass.
    Alright so this is probably hard to believe, but I'm getting ready to play D3 for the first time. I plan on putzing around with the free starter pack for a week or so, then purchasing the full product.

I haven't played a hack-and-slash since I poured almost 2 years into Dungeon Hunter 3 (one of the only mobile games I've recommended to friends).

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Mostly been playing Sonic Mania lately, and just published a review on Steam.

It's pretty damn good. Plays just like one of the classic games, so it's very fun and fluid. It's seemingly not quite as thoroughly playtested as the early games, and the tone seems to lack the serious edge of 3 & Knuckles, but still.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Finally bought this marvelous game. So. Fucking. Hard. This is gonna take ages for me to beat and even then I'll be mediocre at it. I bought it this morning and finished the first run and gun level along with 2 bosses of the first area. 13% completion.

I recommend it fully. Wonderfully authentic, great score, fantastic originality and challenging (sometimes too challenging). I do wish they would've had a more casual difficulty choice because failing over and over and over after awhile isn't fun. When I'm in the same boss phase 30 attempts later it lost its charm.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

Finally bought this marvelous game. So. Fucking. Hard. This is gonna take ages for me to beat and even then I'll be mediocre at it. I bought it this morning and finished the first run and gun level along with 2 bosses of the first area. 13% completion.

I recommend it fully. Wonderfully authentic, great score, fantastic originality and challenging (sometimes too challenging). I do wish they would've had a more casual difficulty choice because failing over and over and over after awhile isn't fun. When I'm in the same boss phase 30 attempts later it lost its charm.
    i wish i had the money for the soundtrack on vinyl, because the package looks GORGEOUS and the music is amazing. also wish i had a way to play the game, because it looks awesome.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Spent the weekend playing the Star Wars Battlefront BETA and, despite really enjoying it, i'm probably going to pass on it thanks to it's "loot crate" system.

Basically if you want better abilities to get the advantage in battle you need to get loot crates to unlock Star Cards (which will give you an ability, like receiving health for every kill) and upgrade materials to unlock more powerful weapon mods. Also new more powerful weapons are only unlocked through the crates. These are all random as well.

These will be available to buy with real money on lunch, and that has killed the game for me. I had no issue grinding to try and unlock stuff, but if you can just spend as much cash as you like to unlock all these it breaks the game. I don't want to spend my time trying to win games and getting destroyed by players that have just thrown money to get the advantage.

Oh well, back to FIFA/Overwatch/Senran Kagura.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Metro 2033 redux. Playing this has made me want to check out the books, I'm really loving the story so far.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Three Fourths Home.

I just cried like a BITCH on my couch. Oh my god. D: That game hits...SOOO close to home.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 10-15-2017 at 12:23 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Clearing out my backlog, so currently I'm playing FarCry 4, Thief, and Skyrim Special Edition. I've also gotten back into Warframe, which I tend to grind at like mad, put away for a month or two, then grind away again.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    It's come over apocalyptic in London. Everything has turned red, someone must have defeated Vom the vacuous spider (this is the only place i have left where someone might get this reference)

Seriously though, it's pretty cool looking here right now!

Edit : just realized why nobody is getting my reference...it's called ROM not vom...I can't even nerd right!
    Last edited by Haysey_Draws; 10-16-2017 at 09:58 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Breath of Fire IV (PlayStation 1)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Went wild for my PS4 this Black Friday. Bought Nioh, Nier: Automata and Persona 5.

I just beat the Onryoki boss on Nioh! Such a fun game and obviously Dark Souls inspired. Have you played/looked at it @Jinsai? I definitely recommend it!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Been playing Wolfenstein 2 since it was half price on Xbox Live. Solid gameplay. I enjoyed the basic gunplay much more than the first, it felt a lot more fluid and intuitive. The story was good in places and sort of weak and over the top in others, but i'll take it. The plot twist 2/3rds in is easy to figure out if you're observant, and the end level felt both underwhelming yet satisfyingly well deserved. All in all, for $30, it was a positive experience. Definitely seems to leave room for a third game, or at least an epilogue style expansion DLC. I would give it a solid 7/10.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Went wild for my PS4 this Black Friday. Bought Nioh, Nier: Automata and Persona 5.

I just beat the Onryoki boss on Nioh! Such a fun game and obviously Dark Souls inspired. Have you played/looked at it @Jinsai? I definitely recommend it!
    I love Nioh. I'm on my NG++ play through. I need to dive back in for the new DLC.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    finally got to play through the 2-player co-op of Portal 2 with my friend alex. i've been wanting to play it with someone since the game came out and could never get anyone to do it with me. it was so fun! and we're both about the same skill-level / brain-level so it made it a lot easier to play together.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tons of "Final Fight", for some reason...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    The Evil Within, on Xbox One S. PS4's started making some noises so I'm finally gonna play the Xbox more than not at all, heh.

One, the game is fantastic, so I'm hyped to checkout the second one shortly after I finish. And two, fuck, I almost forgot how great the Xbox One S looks graphically. Picked up a few other things from the Xbox Live store from the Black Friday deals, too, so I'm looking forward to playing those for the time being!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Final Fantasy XII remake is amazing, but some of these dungeons... and really, if you get into the optional hidden stuff in the Great Crystal... FUCK THIS.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Beat the campaign on COD WWII and loved it. The graphics were awesome and the gameplay was smooth. I've since moved back to my Switch and I am currently playing Super Mario Oddyssey. I beat the storyline already and now I'm heading back to collect more Moons. The replay value on this game is really strong and I highly recommend you check it out if you have a switch.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Monster Hunter World Beta. It's weird and I'm not sure what's what. It's interesting though.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Monster Hunter World Beta. It's weird and I'm not sure what's what. It's interesting though.
    I'm in the same boat - it's really cool and looks incredible, at the very least, but as a first timer ever with Monster Hunter, there. Is. A. LOT. to digest, haha. I'm chalking that up to me being new to this sort of stuff though. I've also never played any of the Souls games or Bloodborne or Skyrim, things of that nature, so it's like learning to video game all over again. I got through the first two quests before putting it down to do other things, but I'll probably be checking it out off and on while the Beta's up! So far, I like what I've seen! Just have to get warmed up to it.

Anyway, currently trying out Battlefield 1. Really digging the first set of missions! The Xbox One continues to impress.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    I'm in the same boat - it's really cool and looks incredible, at the very least, but as a first timer ever with Monster Hunter, there. Is. A. LOT. to digest, haha. I'm chalking that up to me being new to this sort of stuff though. I've also never played any of the Souls games or Bloodborne or Skyrim, things of that nature, so it's like learning to video game all over again. I got through the first two quests before putting it down to do other things, but I'll probably be checking it out off and on while the Beta's up! So far, I like what I've seen! Just have to get warmed up to it.

Anyway, currently trying out Battlefield 1. Really digging the first set of missions! The Xbox One continues to impress.
    A tutorial would definitely help. It's cool though. Not sure if I'll buy it though. Not full price anyway.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    A tutorial would definitely help. It's cool though. Not sure if I'll buy it though. Not full price anyway.
    For sure. I believe I saw a tutorial section or something on the main screen, but I'd have to check again to be sure. I'd even like to just explore without a time limit, but again, I didn't look very hard my first go-through.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    between cut screens loot boxes and all the other pay to play bull-shit I'm pretty much done with gaming, got star-craft 2 and it seemed like every-time I went to play it I had to wait 10 minutes to download a patch then sit through 20 minutes of pointless story animation, mobile and iPad games are even worse,when I travel I like a good game to pass the time, some games the first screen they want you to buy gems gold, now I just read. maybe I'll try cup-heads, if it is available on the mac.
    -Louie