Page 84 of 90 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 2700

Thread: What are you playing?

  1. #2491
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    483
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Killin' zombies in Codename CURE

  2. #2492
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Siep, a mighty 961 blood gnome!

  3. #2493
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    on my way to hell
    Posts
    756
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Been toying with the idea of getting a PS4 with either Nioh, Bloodborne, or Dark Souls III. Any recommendations on which one would be best to go with? Loved both Demonís and Dark Souls on PS3.

  4. #2494
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Posts
    555
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I recently got back into playing the Witcher 3, I don't remember why I got out of it at first either. Since I've started playing it again I've played it for a week non-stop. It's probably my favorite game ever now. It's crazy how there is so much depth in this game. I'm really looking forward to getting the expansion passes. Ugh...so good.

  5. #2495
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    684
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    Been toying with the idea of getting a PS4 with either Nioh, Bloodborne, or Dark Souls III. Any recommendations on which one would be best to go with? Loved both Demon’s and Dark Souls on PS3.
    Bloodborne hands down...then DS3 or Nioh (I liked both but not as much as Bloodborne).

  6. #2496
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,314
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingrid View Post
    Siep, a mighty 961 blood gnome!
    False advertisement! You're 962!

    I just renewed my subscription last Thursday. I missed Tomb and the latest raid so I'm playing catch up. I'm guessing by your M+15 runs that you have a regular group you play with; that's really all you need these days.

  7. #2497
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,451
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)


    cleaned up our guest room and completely re-arranged everything now that our friend jon moved out and bought our extra bed. turned it into a gaming & exercise room. really lucky that the CRT has component video, since the ps2, wii, & blu-ray player will be connected as such (need to grab an input switch). the NES, SNES, N64, & gamecube will all be on composite a/v (also need to grab an input switch for those).

  8. #2498
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    735
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The remaster of Shadow of the Colossus is the first thing I've put any real effort into.. downed the first three.
    It's stunning to look at, but at the same time, everything being so crisp actually makes the world feel quite small... maybe its just those first few Colossi.. anyway.. not the be too down on it.. It's still one of my fav games ever and it feels that little bit more friendly to play, I've always felt the controls were part of the experience (feel free to tut and call bullshit on that) so wrestling buttons as you cling to a giant stone fur beast is just that little bit more tactile. The camera does still freak out a bit, but really, its very good for what you are actually doing in the game. It also reminded me that The Last Guardian, janky tho it was, is still another fav from the last few years and I want to play it again, but alas.. time..

  9. #2499
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,718
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I've been playing a shit ton of Axiom Verge, this game is amazing! I just got my snazzy new trenchcoat.

  10. #2500
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    617
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Lately I've been on a "bite-sized", story-oriented game run. Firewatch, Tacoma, and Asemblance, plus Soma, which is a lot longer of course. Soma reminds me of Moon reimagined as gritty horror. Great game though, easily in my top 10. And I'm back into Warframe pretty heavy again.

  11. #2501
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Posts
    555
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    Lately I've been on a "bite-sized", story-oriented game run. Firewatch, Tacoma, and Asemblance, plus Soma, which is a lot longer of course. Soma reminds me of Moon reimagined as gritty horror. Great game though, easily in my top 10. And I'm back into Warframe pretty heavy again.
    I thought SOMA was amazing too.

  12. #2502
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm about half way through Trails of Cold Steel and i'm really impressed with how well written it is. All the characters are likeable, even the twats! And the battle system is pretty fun.

  13. #2503
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Super Mario Odyssey is a charming delight. The character designs are super-creative and off the wall. I’m getting a psychedelic kick out of possessing bad guys and objects.

  14. #2504
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SF, SD
    Posts
    1,276
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post


    cleaned up our guest room and completely re-arranged everything now that our friend jon moved out and bought our extra bed. turned it into a gaming & exercise room. really lucky that the CRT has component video, since the ps2, wii, & blu-ray player will be connected as such (need to grab an input switch). the NES, SNES, N64, & gamecube will all be on composite a/v (also need to grab an input switch for those).
    Nice choice, Super Metroid is one of the best games ever made.

    You should look into getting a SCART cable for the SNES, I have one for mine along with a box that converts the signal to component and on CRTs it looks UNFREAKINBELIEVABLE. Best investment for a video game console ive ever made.

    Speaking of best games ever, ive been playing Borderlands 2 again, having not really touched it since the first Destiny came out. What a rewarding game to play, i feel bad for forgetting how awesome it is!

  15. #2505
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Had a kick to listen to some game music at work, found a youtube channel with Neir Automata and have been listening to this nonstop for the last 4 hours...there's still and hours worth of music left too, this OST is just SO GOOD!

    Might try and find a channel with Bloodbornes OST tomorrow.

  16. #2506
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    684
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I was pretty stressed out this past week and needed a break from everything...so I went full nostalgic and replayed Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. I may like it more than Super Metroid...

  17. #2507
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    684
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Had a kick to listen to some game music at work, found a youtube channel with Neir Automata and have been listening to this nonstop for the last 4 hours...there's still and hours worth of music left too, this OST is just SO GOOD!

    Might try and find a channel with Bloodbornes OST tomorrow.
    It's too bad that they don't make video game music like they used to, besides the Souls series and Nier. That soundtrack is pretty damn good.

  18. #2508
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,451
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I was pretty stressed out this past week and needed a break from everything...so I went full nostalgic and replayed Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. I may like it more than Super Metroid...
    somehow i've never played a castlevania game (despite being a huge metroid fan). guessing i should get on that?

  19. #2509
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    684
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    somehow i've never played a castlevania game (despite being a huge metroid fan). guessing i should get on that?
    None of them? Including the NES ones? Holy shit.

    Yeah definitely try Symphony of the Night, or the GBA/DS Castlevania games. It's probably my favorite video game series.

  20. #2510
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,571
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Yeah.... uh.... holy shit play Symphony of the Night. Right now... just do it. Stop whatever it is you're doing and play Symphony of the Night.

    I'm playing Undertale. This game is hilarious.

  21. #2511
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,111
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I remember Simon's Quest being a pretty formative experience for me as a young child and probably had a big influence on the kinds of games and I would continue to enjoy over the years.

  22. #2512
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,396
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    somehow i've never played a castlevania game (despite being a huge metroid fan). guessing i should get on that?
    Do not pass up Castlevania IV on SNES. That one and Symphony of the Night are my favorites from the series.

  23. #2513
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    109
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Symphony of the Night is a must play. If you don't know about the story line, I won't give any spoilers, but something REALLY cool happens midway through the game. It blew my mind when I played it the first time, and still does.

    Lately, I've been playing Dragon Quest VIII on the PS2. Been getting back into RPGs. On the 2ds I've been playing Etrain Odyssey V and Bravely Second, along with Dragon Quest IV.

  24. #2514
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,571
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    Symphony of the Night is a must play. If you don't know about the story line, I won't give any spoilers, but something REALLY cool happens midway through the game. It blew my mind when I played it the first time, and still does.

    Lately, I've been playing Dragon Quest VIII on the PS2. Been getting back into RPGs. On the 2ds I've been playing Etrain Odyssey V and Bravely Second, along with Dragon Quest IV.
    I've been playing Dragon Quest XI, you're gonna love this game when it finally comes out in the west. It's magical.

  25. #2515
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    109
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I've been playing Dragon Quest XI, you're gonna love this game when it finally comes out in the west. It's magical.
    can't wait! I just got Dragon Quest VIII a few months ago, really my 2nd or 3rd ever RPG and it is a literal game changer for me. I'm obsessed with the game and the series now, and RPGs in general which I was not fond of when I was younger besides some of FFVII and a bit of Lunar Silver Star Story

  26. #2516
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    259
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Civilization VI has my brain right now. I dream of hexes, man. Rise and Fall in particular is a pretty neat expansion. It's not perfect yet, but one more expansion and this will be my personal ultimate Civ game. I wish this forum was a bit more active than it is, otherwise I'm sure I'd be geeking out with a few of ya in a Civ thread.

    I'm also involved in Overwatch quite a bit. I'm an avid OWL fan (LA Gladiators are my team right now, at least until we get something to represent the midwestern US), and I participate in Battlefy's After Hours Gaming League where different companies form teams to play every Saturday. My team just beat Hulu last week, which was kinda neat!

    I tried to play Tacoma the other day after a 50% sale, but the intro was really laggy and slow on my computer for some reason. I loved Gone Home, so I trust I'll eventually find my way back to this one.

    Also working on Prey, still. They should've called it System Shock 3. Easily recommendable in the same vein as that series.

  27. #2517
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,571
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    can't wait! I just got Dragon Quest VIII a few months ago, really my 2nd or 3rd ever RPG and it is a literal game changer for me. I'm obsessed with the game and the series now, and RPGs in general which I was not fond of when I was younger besides some of FFVII and a bit of Lunar Silver Star Story
    I'm a huge fan of JRPGs... Lunar 2 Eternal Blue is one of my favorite games.
    Suikoden 2 is incredible too. I'm a broken record on that one. It's maybe the best JRPG of all time.

  28. #2518
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I bought Super Mario Odyssey out of nostalgia for the series. Holy fuck have things taken a nosedive. The game feels like development was rushed. The NPCs are annoying as hell....especially the voices.

    I guess I'm just too old for Mario now..this game seems geared towards children. Possessing enemies and objects is a great idea, but I feel it could have been used in a much deeper way. I'm too old to be searching for power moons and collecting coins to buy cute suits.

    As for Breath of the Wild...amazing game hampered by too few enemy types, repetitive temples and a terrible storyline and ending.

  29. #2519
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    109
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    speaking of Switch games, has anyone seen WWE 2K18 on it? Holy crap is it AWFUL. At times it literally moves at a snail's pace! It's laughable. If you want to laugh, seriously, check out some videos on youtube of it.

  30. #2520
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,451
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Yeah.... uh.... holy shit play Symphony of the Night. Right now... just do it. Stop whatever it is you're doing and play Symphony of the Night.

    I'm playing Undertale. This game is hilarious.
    i don't seem to own any systems on which it's playable except a PS1, and i'm guessing i'm not going to be able to find a copy :/

Posting Permissions